New 5D S and R version

Started by budafilms, February 05, 2015, 01:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafilms

http://www.canonrumors.com/

It´s done!

THe future of ML could be Raw 4K?

THe bottleneck of mark III it´s finish. Check the specifications ;)

DeafEyeJedi

Question for some of us... Should we keep the 5D3 and save up for the R...

Or sell the 5D3 and use the $ as a down payment for the R?

It'd be no brainer to have both.

Tough call.

[emoji62]
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

jtvision

Was expecting at least 1080p@60fps video. What a disappointment!  :(

budafilms

@DeafEyeJedi

The new is the best.
I don´t know when ML Devs can update the modules - and if it´s possible. Axiom it´s de point of attention.

Maybe for full HD it´s enough with Mark III. Why selling it?

Blackmagic 4k it´s a good alternative.

Only God knows (a1ex  ;) )

kgv5

There will be mark iv later this year, probably more video oriented.
11-24 f4 lens is an interesting thing though - i wonder how the image will look like at 11mm with FF.
www.pilotmovies.pl   5D Mark III, 6D, 550D

jtvision

Yeah, heard that rumor. Was supposed to be Feb-March, actually. Feel like that's not gonna happen, now.
Canon really wants 5D to be regarded as a photo cameras, to protect it's cinema line cameras.

kontrakatze

With the 5d III in my pocket, there is nothing in the specs that sounds interesting, at least regarding the price tag. No must have feature, it is a still camera with some video features. Ok, would be nice to have, but nothing more. I love my canons, the mood, the colors, but they missed the train somehow. Other companies did better, so I'm not sure if my next camera would be a canon.

KelvinK

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on February 06, 2015, 06:34:39 AM
Question for some of us... Should we keep the 5D3 and save up for the R...

Or sell the 5D3 and use the $ as a down payment for the R?

It'd be no brainer to have both.

Tough call.

[emoji62]

Although the S and the SR can both shoot movies with the same choice of frame rates and compression as the 5D III, they don't offer clean HDMI output or headphone sockets. The message is pretty clear - if video is a major concern, these aren't the cameras for you.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

jtvision

Quote from: kontrakatze on February 06, 2015, 10:00:34 AM
With the 5d III in my pocket, there is nothing in the specs that sounds interesting, at least regarding the price tag. No must have feature, it is a still camera with some video features. Ok, would be nice to have, but nothing more. I love my canons, the mood, the colors, but they missed the train somehow. Other companies did better, so I'm not sure if my next camera would be a canon.
Agree, they probably don't realize that sales on 5D Mark III is solely due to ML RAW.

KelvinK

Quote from: jtvision on February 06, 2015, 10:15:07 AM
Agree, they probably don't realize that sales on 5D Mark III is solely due to ML RAW.

ML and ML RAW itself are great and we fond of it, but the truth is 5D3 sales granted not due it. There's probably less then 1% of real Canon owners who uses ML RAW. Face the fact - it's still technically not easy for most and people aware of it
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Audionut

KelvinK

6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

Audionut

Quote from: KelvinK on February 06, 2015, 10:34:17 AM
and only 6400 ISO :D

Poisson distribution!  ;)

The fact that it only does ISO 6400 makes me hopeful the downstream electronics are not as noisy as previous cameras, especially @ ISO 100.  I'm not holding me breath though.

KelvinK

Quote from: Audionut on February 06, 2015, 10:43:56 AM
Poisson distribution!  ;)

The fact that it only does ISO 6400 makes me hopeful the downstream electronics are not as noisy as previous cameras, especially @ ISO 100.  I'm not holding me breath though.

I guess, you will able to use ISO100 only with tripod or at very sunny days to keep shutter speed high for avoiding "micro-shake-blur".
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

walter_schulz

Slightly offtopic: 5 cameras coming up (or 3 + 2 variants). 5DS/R + 750D/760D + EOS M3.
Porting and maintaining ML vs. quite a small number of devs with spare time. At time of writing 6D is blindly maintained, 1200D just starting, 100D ...

My 2 cents

KelvinK

Quote from: walter_schulz on February 06, 2015, 10:55:21 AM
Slightly offtopic: 5 cameras coming up (or 3 + 2 variants). 5DS/R + 750D/760D + EOS M3.
Porting and maintaining ML vs. quite a small number of devs with spare time. At time of writing 6D is blindly maintained, 1200D just starting, 100D ...

My 2 cents

You forgot 70D just started (alpha0) and there's one more camera from canon already released 7DII.
6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

chmee

i hope they change their algorithm for m- and s-raw from yuv 4:2:2 to rgb 4:4:4. this could be an advantage for video as well. (my thoughts: the conversion is a preprocessing-step inside the body from raw to video). and because its another sensor-resolution, we can expect another scaling/bining-idea. so, could be a better mov-output as well.

slight note btw:
Canon had just kind of luck with their video-revolution. They never said, DSLRs are videomachines. If you want straight good video output from a canon-product, change to the EOS C line. Cope with your high hopes, promises canon never made.
[size=2]phreekz * blog * twitter[/size]

Kharak

Canon is falling back on the DSLR Movie mode battle... Or is it? Lower end cameras are now taking the role of the 5D e.g. 750. 760 etc... And Sony A7s and its counterparts? How long will extreme video capabilities be showed down an unergonomic Photobody? Yeah video is mainstream or really about to hit that mark but it ain't exactly innovative today. I have to say... I am thinking 20 years from now or maybe just 10 for that matter and we will look back and say "Hmm.. Remember back in the day when we kept stuffing our clunky photo-aparatus' with video capabilities?"

The only reason we have GH4 and A7s today is because of the MK II revolution 5 years ago.. And without MK II there wouldn't be a C100, 300, 500 either.. It all started with MK II.

Then again.. Now that we have 5Ds and 5Dr... I got a hunch that we will see a 5DC soon enough, It's main feature: 60 fps 1080i..

Just some speculations and thoughts from my side, I won't be upgrading anytime soon from the MK III, it is still an amazing camera! The 14 bits are above any other camera out there and I love every single one of those bits ;)
once you go raw you never go back

KelvinK

6D - 5D - NEX - M50!

a1ex

152 mm just the grip? That must be a huge camera :P

Levas

8688 x 5792 resolution...more then 8000 pixels wide  ;)

You know what that means...Time for THE troll question:
When can we expect to shoot 8K video with this  8) :P

Greg

DeafEyeJedi

LoL now this is getting interesting...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109