exfat

Started by 97%, February 04, 2015, 04:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

97%

Hi, Im trying to get bigger files than 4 GB on my Transcend 90mb/s sd card. Everytime I format it in exfat and put magic lantern on it, it doesnt load the software because it doesnt find the .fir file which is on the card. Can anyone please help me how to get exFat on my card or give me the link to a tutorial? Thanks

walter_schulz

FIR is only needed to set or reset the cam's bootflag. Once done: FIR no longer needed.
Standard startup will look for AUTOEXEC.BIN. FIR is used by "Firmware update".

You have to make the card bootable. Use EOScard or MacBoot.

97%

Thank you Sir. Im afraid to ask, but can you explain it to me more detailed or do you have a link to a detailed tutorial on how to do that?
Thanks again

97%

Never mind. Found it out by myself.

Datadogie

When you format for exfat you clear everything from the card. You then have to run EOScard to make the card bootable again. Then and only then you copy and paste the ML folder and autoexec.bin file. Unfortunately if you format ( keep ML) it reverts back to fat32. Luckily it takes seconds to repeat the above when you need to clear the card. Not sure if there are many if any just deleting the photos, videos from card.
T3i and Kiss X4 (550d (T2i)) Tamron 18-200mm, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8 (need firmware upgrade) Olympus 50mm f1.8  Olympus 28mm f2.8 and Olympus 24mm f2.8
Fancier 370 tripod and LCD hinged loupe. DIY Slider and crane.

97%

Thank you very much for your answer. I tried it like you said, but I'm simply too ...stupid :D for doing this in the correct way. I do not really need files larger than 4gb because I film in 1728x516 meaning that I can only film for about ten secs, but it would have been nice though. Maybe I try tomorrow again, anyway, thanks for your answer.

stoopkid

I just want to add, because this is the first post that comes up on google that I had to do it a little differently.

- Copy ML files from SD card to computer.
- Format as exFat.
- Copy files back to the SD card.
- Open EOSCard, make sure the correct drive letter is selected.
- Click refresh.
- Click the big ML button.
- Then click save.

If I did it in any other order, like copying the files back onto the card after the EOSCard program, it wouldn't work. Even if it was formatted Fat32.

97%

Okay, thank you very much for your answer, very kind of you.

Greetings