How do i shoot Slow Motion on the latest MLV for Canon 5D Mark III?

Started by noeldarkmanx, February 03, 2015, 03:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noeldarkmanx

hi everyone, am using the Latest MLV firmware and i wanna be able to shoot and mix slow motion videos with normal 24 fps videos. Please can someone explain to me how to go about it? Will aswell like to know how to deal with cropmarks (letter box ) if i wanna go for 24fps and slow mo in thesame video, as i love letter boxing . One last one will be how to stretch in Post cause i learnt images needs to be stretched, will like to know which programs and which menu to navigate to inorder to stretch. Am using Premiere pro and Davinci Resolve.
Looking forward to your answers.

Thanks

ChadMuffin

Refer to this guide on the forurm:

How to Record: -- 60/50 fps RAW Video for 5D3 & others --
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5472.0

You can scale just the height in Premiere Pro.

Select the resolution you want in camera to fit in letterbox or just place letterboxes in your editor.

There are many video tutorials online.

noeldarkmanx

Hi Chadmuffin,
thanks for your help. Just a few clarifications, if i wanna have mixed frame rates e.g music video would it be better then to shoot with an aspect ratio of 2.35.1 for letter boxing throughout the video ? and again i actually tried shooting slow mo and it premiere pro was slow mo but when i exported as proress from davinci resolve it wasn't slow any longer. Please kindly tell me what am doing wrong

regards