ML .raw files recovery software?

Started by gowcoizer, February 03, 2015, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gowcoizer

I was participating on a project with a colleague and somehow his ML .raw footage got mixed up on the card. On the first insertion to the card reader there were small files with "Щпа:'./" characters. A bit later it was like the card formatted itself. I've checked the forum and internet and a bunch of softwares (Recuva, Stellar Phoenix, Vibosoft Data Recovery, Magic Uneraser, Easus Data Recovery, Unformat) but I wasn't expecting them to do the job. Are you able to suggest solution? I saw interesting thread about some hex editor but I don't have files to "hex"... this is why I am turning to you.

Otherwise, great ML team, great work.

walter_schulz

It's not clear to me if you tried all these recovery solutions or not. Please clarify.

gowcoizer

Yes' I've tried 'em. They might be the same league so I am hoping someone might know more powerfull software or another type of solution.

gowcoizer

Is this a script which is scanning and recovering? I have no files man. I've tried the explanation. It is unclear... on one line I wrote in CMD the comands and it gives mi SyntaxError: invalid syntax. So please confirm. That script is recovering ML .raw files from formatted CF ?

Frank7D

gowcoizer

Quotephotorec now supports mlv recovery.

man please read before replying. All the others thread of people with this kind of problem are evolving this way. I am not looking how to recover .MLV, I am looking how to recover/undelete/restore/ magic lantern .RAW video container/format . So, the answer of a1ex explains how to repair and extract something if I restore them damaged, I've said all the recovery software I tried and doesn't work. Now I am trying to recover with PhotoRec but I need something like footer and don't know where to find it from, let's find out this time is it possible or not and if it is I'll edit my first post with explanation or someone make sticky thread to be helpful for others ?

Frank7D

Yeah, I don't see ml .raw on the photorec list of supported formats. Too bad.
Yet another reason to use mlv...

gowcoizer

Yep, but let's focus on the .raw recovery. I've managed somehow to recover something with size 110gb and it read it as .mrw (may be some old minolta raw) the question is is it possible inside to be all the dngs ?

gowcoizer

So. For now I used R-Studio to recover something like whole image of the CF card as one file with extension .mrw . With the method a1ex gave (thankfully to the baldand script) the directory with the 110gb .mrw file was scanned and found some headers and now is copying and separating the files. So this is some progression and I am for now hopefull, but as I preview the reconstructed files I find the frames contain strange purple dots, all kind of colors. Those of you who went through that process succeeded in fixing the frames ?

a1ex

gowcoizer

The rawcover.py script is still executed and still digging .raws from the restored 110gb in size .mrw file... the strange thing is now I have 245gb of .raw files and the script is still extracting from the file... is this normal? A1ex shouldn't I wait for the script to finish and then export dng frames for you? Thank you for helping

gowcoizer

It's like some of the files are mostly broken but at the end of the footage there are usable frames
Link to archive with DNG frames

gowcoizer

... still looking for a way to recover the files without they being corrupted. Can you give us footer or header information and explain is it possible to recover them with PhotoRec this way ?

tomdp

I have the same problem I deleted my .MLV files off the card (stupidly trashed the trash) recovered with Stellar Pheonix and now the files are split I have the normal XO6-1544.MLV but have 8 files which must be data to make the file run labelled
X06-1544.M00
X06-1544.M01
X06-1544.M02
etc
When I open the MLV with the viewer it flashes a pink frame like above and then black for the remainder of the clip.
You can also see that not all the metadata is in the viewer
Tried exporting and no go (doesn't make a video file)
Any way to re package the files? (mines only 16gb of files so not a complete loss but would be great if someone knew)
Cheers

gowcoizer

My files aren't .mlv but as far as my reasearch is going I see that the application "photorec" supports .mlv recovery native. Try it

gowcoizer

Admin, would you give us information about recovery workflow .RAW video of yours

gowcoizer

Sorry to say it but I spent bitcoins on the wrong team. Great feedback, great support, so simple lack of information could be so disappointing. Farewell you stable society.