Importing sequence

Started by Yakan, April 24, 2015, 05:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yakan

Hello!  :)

When I import all my converted DNG files as a RAW sequence into After effects and then do a "preview" of it there's some kind of jumping between frames. Like after 1 second of the sequence it shows the first frame and then jumps back. When I check all the images by themselves in Bridge for e.g. there's no problem and everything is smooth. So is there something wrong with my computer - the PC is a few years old (?) I have set it to 16 BPC and 25 frames and everything previewed it in low quality and the problem still occurs. Is there any way to fix this or should I invest in a new PC?  :-\

Best regards!

Frank7D

After Effects isn't really made for playing video. What kind of previewing are you doing? Depending on your computer's memory, you can play a certain amount of video using RAM preview, which should be smooth.

Yakan

That's the one I use but it jumps back and forth between the first frame of the sequence.  :-\

Frank7D

Normally RAM preview will play a short amount of video, then loop back to the beginning and start again (the length it will play depends on how much memory you have). Are you are seeing something different from this?