Bring back Adobe Lightroom Support for 'Slideshow' Templates !

Started by NitromanX, January 26, 2015, 01:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NitromanX

I'm still tring to find the best way to process .mlv raw video files to edit in Final Cut Pro X ...

Like many of us, after using MLRawviewer (which is awesome!),  I love the ability to edit the exported .dng files in Adobe Lightroom ... so it's a shame to have to swap from one app to another.

I know that in the past (until version LR 5 i think), Adobe used to support 'Slideshow Templates' and we could output timelapse sequences (or video files) with 24, 25 or 30fps using LR Timelapse templates.

Sadly, the video files were mpeg4, so quality suffered. Also LR Timelapse & Lightroom 5 no longer support the older slideshow templates, but in concept it seems a good idea.

What is the likelihood of Adobe returning support for these 'Slideshow Templates' ... idally with Pro Res output and option to attach the .mlv WAV sound files too ? Do Adobe listen to feature requests ? If so ... maybe we should all suggest it !? :)

It's possible to currently output high quality Pro Res files using .dng's within the fabulous "LR Timelapse" http://lrtimelapse.com/, but in an ideal world we'd just use Lightroom or Adobe Camera Raw for the entire conversion process.

What are your thoughts ?

I do have a screen grab of Lightroom 3.6 that shows 'Slideshow Template' support but couldn't work out how to upload image from desktop ! Please help ! ;)

dmilligan

Wrong forum: https://forums.adobe.com/

You can use Photoshop or After Effects to compile ACR sequences into a video. However, I would recommend not using ACR at all, as it was not intended for video (it can cause flicker and it's quite slow). MLRawViewer can output high quality ProRes directly from the MLV files, and you should have pretty much full "gradability" with the ProRes files in FCPX.

NitromanX

Thanks for the speedy reply ... this is all new to me so appreciate your input and any advice. :)

However, my MLRawviewer Pro Res 444 files never look as sharp as the Lightroom files - even when i add "Sharpen" at 2.5 (default) in FCPX.

Any suggestions ?

ACR and Lightroom seems to also get rid of Chromatic Aberrations better ... Would you agree ?