broken 600D, fun things to do?

Started by zulex, January 20, 2015, 05:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zulex

I got a broken 600D, the mainboard is not working correctly, or at least that's what the repair center said. The camera won't go on or off.

Are there any fun things I can do with it? I was thinking about using the mainboard of a 650 or 700D for the faster write speed and 720p raw. Would this be possible?

Any other cool ideas would be welcome. 

dmilligan

The first things that come to mind involve gasoline and explosives...

You could probably take all the innards out and use the shell to make a DIY film pinhole camera. If you got really fancy, you might even be able to make a DIY film camera that can use your EF lenses.

Quote from: zulex on January 20, 2015, 05:36:45 PM
I was thinking about using the mainboard of a 650 or 700D for the faster write speed and 720p raw. Would this be possible?
No probably not.

Walter Schulz

How about purchasing Canon's 600D mainboard and replace it on your own?

zulex

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 20, 2015, 05:55:43 PM
How about purchasing Canon's 600D mainboard and replace it on your own?

Problem is, it cost 130 dollar, I'm not sure if it would work correctly and I got a 6D as main camera. 130 dollar is not worth the risk for me, but it would be worth it to get something better than the 600D.

Maybe connecting it to a laptop with high speed could be an option, to make high fps possible or something... I can do some things software wise, but I'm a complete hardware noob when it comes to cameras, that's why I made this topic.

Walter Schulz

You can try. Don't step on the other unicorn chasers crawling around in the fog out there.

zulex

Quote from: Walter Schulz on January 20, 2015, 06:12:02 PM
You can try. Don't step on the other unicorn chasers crawling around in the fog out there.

Dont worry, I got traps laying around. Thanks for the input