Eye-Fi card not working

Started by jbuy41, August 30, 2012, 03:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbuy41

I read that ML and Eye-Fi may be used together.  Past attemps failed before the new version.
Remove ML from my 550D.  Inserted Eyefi after doing battery reset.  Blank screen.  Tried several time using the same procedure.  Nothing.

I have the  4GB Connect X2. 

How do I get the Eyefi back?

jbuy41

I guess I found part of my problem.  Use the "firmware update process" to remove bootflag.  Installed ML on Eyefi card and still does not recognize ML.

scrax

so you have solved?

I've just found this by the way:

16th April
There is a problem with some cameras (EOS 60D, EOS 450D, EOS 500D, EOS 600D & EOS 1000) and Eye-Fi X2 series cards (incl. Connect X2, Mobile X2, Pro X2). This from Canon:
It is possible that the EOS digital SLR cameras which have had their main PCB replaced during the specific timeframes listed above may not turn on normally when Eye-Fi brand cards are used, or if any brand of SD card is removed from the camera within a certain time after opening the card slot cover. If the camera is not turning on normally when using an Eye-Fi brand card, a temporary workaround is to use SD cards instead of the Eye-Fi card when capturing images. If the camera is not operating normally when the SD card is promptly removed after opening the card slot cover, a temporary workaround is to remove the battery pack, then re-insert the battery pack.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

iannicholson

Hang on...

Using another SD card instead of Eye-Fi is NOT a workaround! It's a cop-out by Canon!

When I put my Eye-Fi card into my 60D setup for ML, it just does nothing - won't even turn on (displays blank).

Come on guys, we need a fix for this!

a1ex

It is possible that the EOS digital SLR cameras which have had their main PCB replaced during the specific timeframes listed above may not turn on normally when Eye-Fi brand cards are used, or if any brand of SD card is removed from the camera within a certain time after opening the card slot cover. If the camera is not turning on normally when using an Eye-Fi brand card, a temporary workaround is to use SD cards instead of the Eye-Fi card when capturing images. If the camera is not operating normally when the SD card is promptly removed after opening the card slot cover, a temporary workaround is to remove the battery pack, then re-insert the battery pack.

Did those PCBs have the bootflag enabled by default?! :P

1%

They're using ML in the service center I guess. :)

This sucks because I want an eyefi and now I find out something is screwy with the boot flags. :(

dxotic

Hi,

Ive only searched on this site but

I am looking to buy an Eye-Fi Pro X2 16GB WiFi Class 10 SDHC Memory Card - write speeds of 22MBps

Has anyone had any experience with this card and ML and the 5D3?

Would love to hear if they are compatible and will offer wireless connectivity

Thanks In Advance

scrax

When i bought mine, was not sure that it will work on 600D, so i chose a seller where in 5days i can return any item and get money back. So i had the time to go home, try the EyeFi and ask Alex for the EyeFi trick.
Before the 5 day limit my eyefi was working and also sending RAW to my computer.
I'm using ML2.3 for photography with:
EOS 600DML | EOS 400Dplus | EOS 5D MLbeta5- EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro  - EF-S 17-85mm f4-5.6 IS USM - EF 70-200mm f/4 L USM - 580EXII - OsX, PS, LR, RawTherapee, LightZone -no video experience-

lingx825

Hi, there,
I think I have the similar problem here, is this resolve?
I installed ML in my 550D before, and it worked great, then I wanted to use my eye fi pro X2, so I uninstalled ML(set BOOTDSK flag in camera false) and inserted eye fi card into 550d, it said "no card in camera", but normal SD card works fine on 550D, and I tried eye fi card on my old digital camera, all function works fine.