Canon EOS 7D Mk I unable to transfer ML

Started by djb102, October 05, 2016, 10:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djb102

Hey Guys,

I've been looking at installing ML for quite some time now,

Today I have attempted to install ML, but it won't transfer to the CF Card.
I have the correct firmware, and read somewhere that i require a bootable card?

I've formatted the card through the camera and through windows, and have the camera on the correct setting.

Anyone able to give me a helping hand? thank you.

EDIT:

Have tried on other CF cards, only to get the same error as following;

"Cannot Copy ML
You do not have Permission to create this item."

Walter Schulz

If you cannot copy files from a Windows PC to CF-card (inserted in cardreader) there is not much we can do.
Try another cardreader. Visit www.cameramemoryspeed.com and pick one.

THE8THDIMENSION

Honestly sounds like your computer more then anything. Have you tried using a different computer to d/l ML onto the card?

PaulHarwood856

Hello djb102,

I know on my Macbook Pro I sometimes have an issue where I keep getting asked to provide my password. Is there any way you can right click the CF card in Windows, click Get info, and make it so you have permission to write to the card? The only other possible thing I could think of is the CF card is only readable, not writeable. My friend had an SD card that he had to use scotch tape in order to get the card read. This is rare, but maybe you purchased a card that cannot be modified? Anyways, post here your results so I can help you further. I hope this helps.

- Paul Harwood

reddeercity

Been trying for the last 2 hours and can not Post a New Topic no matter how big or small the post is just give my a "Database Error"
it seems that you can only post to topic that are all ready here , just can't make any new one's .
I sent a PM to  g3gg0 , so I hope this can be fixed soon.

Thanks

PaulHarwood856

Hey reddeercity,

I'm having the same issue. I've tried posting, and keep getting the same message.

- Paul Harwood