Can't set Resolution or Aspect Ratio for RAW or RAW(MLV)on 5DII

Started by jaclarkaus, January 18, 2015, 12:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaclarkaus

Have firmware 2.1.2
Have latest build ML
Loaded modules file_man, lv_rec, mlv_snd, raw_rec

Both Resolution and Aspect Ratio show N/A on the RAW video tab, and while I can drill in and see lots of options, can't seem to select any of them.

Have searched the forum but can't find anything

Walter Schulz

First: Loading MLV_REC.mo and RAW_REC.mo at the same time doesn't make much sense because they are exclusive to use.
Is there any chance you don't enter movie mode but remain in stills?

jaclarkaus

I tried mlv_rec, mlv_snd first but couldn't set resolution of aspect.

"Is there any chance you don't enter movie mode but remain in stills"

Don't understand. I am in ML menu, so I assume it is the video section? I go to Movie menu in ML, then select RAW Video to turn it on and the little green light shows, and on the right it says ON,0x0 then Q against it to go the the sub menu and both Resolution and Aspect ration show N/A and can't be changed.

reddeercity

You have some setting wrong & As Walter said, you can not have both mlv & raw module loaded that some time !
This will screw up ML from running correctly. I'm a 5D2 user and you can only run sound module with mlv module .

Quote from: jaclarkaus on January 18, 2015, 02:24:22 AM
"Is there any chance you don't enter movie mode but remain in stills"
If you want to Shoot Video you must be in Video Mode, & the some goes for Photo (must be in Photo Mode) .
Please Read the FAQ or do search's first before posting questions a your problem really is a lack of information

Start by reading the first page-->Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2 Camera-specific discussion
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11205.msg108929#msg108929

If all else fails Reload Magic Lantern on you CF card and try again , It Works Flawless On the 5D Mark II
Been Using .mlv raw module with sound for the last 12 mouths never a problem .

jaclarkaus

Quote from: reddeercity on January 18, 2015, 03:19:43 AM
You have some setting wrong & As Walter said, you can not have both mlv & raw module loaded that some time !
This will screw up ML from running correctly. I'm a 5D2 user and you can only run sound module with mlv module .

Actually, you can, you just switch one on at a time. I unloaded RAW and tried MLV and got same result.

What is happening is that the menu is not being updated, but it is recording in the selected resolution and aspect ratio.

If you want to Shoot Video you must be in Video Mode, & the some goes for Photo (must be in Photo Mode) .
Please Read the FAQ or do search's first before posting questions a your problem really is a lack of information

Weeny bit patronising? still didn't answer the question, but I assume as I am taking videos, and editing the Video options, I am in the video mode.

Start by reading the first page-->Canon 5D Mark II / 5D2 Camera-specific discussion
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11205.msg108929#msg108929

Did a few times, and followed it through several times before asking here. Don't need references to RTFM unless there is a specific section you are returning to ... and if there is, I missed it...

One other question (yes searched for as well) in the centre of the top of the screen while recording is what appears to be a temperature read out (I assume it is the sensor temp) what is a safe temperature?