[DONE] still image overlay

Started by wheat, July 15, 2012, 02:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheat

I'm soon to work on a project that requires live action, miniatures and greenscreen.  One of the concerns was to be able to compose a shot in such a way that live action is able to be properly 'registered' with the miniature prop. 

Anyways, the potential workflow I could see is to be able to initially shoot a still of the miniature set or prop item where it would then be activated as an active image overlay (the strength of the overlay could be a percentage amount that the user can dial in).  Now that the miniature was been shot, one can position and shoot video or additional stills of the live action or other elements relative to the initial still shot that was taken earlier ensuring with confidence that everything should 'fit' together.

If a primitive green/blue removal or luma key can be performed within camera in addition to providing an underlying image that would provide more potential options. 

I can actually see the overlay function be useful not only for setting up fx shots, but also for creative shooting/editing.

Again, I don't see this as a realtime substitute for compositing, but merely to assist the user by allowing a more accuracy when the composition is performed in post.  I suppose being able to record all that would allow one to create a mock-up if wanting to show someone else at a later time for brainstorming reasons or what have you.

thoughts?

1%

Ghost image and false color green screen? Do those help?

wheat

ha, yes, that works good.  When I first read the functions of ML, I didn't realize that this was what Ghost did!  I suppose, the only thing to make it even more configurable is to be able to adjust the level of transparency.  But, I cannot complain, I can make this work for me.  Thank you.