Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RachelFilmsThings

upload image lossless

Hey,

I'm new to Magic Lantern and new to testing the beta for the 70D. Wanted to know if anyone can tell me what's wrong with the video or if it's a bug that is still being worked on.

Best,
Rachel

haldenjente

I can't find a working version for my 70D. Where do i find it?

Walter Schulz

Go to first post of this thread ...

Loliplol

Noticed something while filming longer duration videos.

For some reason, it keeps losing the focus. So what I mean is, when I record some close ups, such as wedding rings etc etc it does a wonderful job focusing, quite happy with the footage. But the problem occurs when I move out of the close-up. It basically stays in that close-up focus, does not react anymore. Then I have to go and film random objects around the place to get it back working, and when it starts working it does a perfect job. I have tried this with several lenses and always does the same thing. When I remove ML it stops doing it. And I really don't want to remove it because it's so helpful.

Maybe I'm wrong, correct me if I am. But this has happened to me.

Co2260

Hi,
first let me thank everyone that works on "magic lantern"s programing it's an amazing achievement, THANK YOU!.
I wanted to buy the 70D thanks to the price drop, but I refuse to buy any camera that doesn't allow magic lantern, for my purposes it's a MUST HAVE.
can someone explain to me how stable is it? - I mean not the fancy 4K raw but the older functions

I basically use 3 functions:
1- focus bracketing for macro (on the 100mm macro 2.8 non "L" version)
2- intervalometer with the exposure bracketing.
3- focus peaking \ live view sharpening increase - for video.

those are the "must have" functions for me. is it safe to buy a camera and hope they'll work?

Zeusjuice

Hello,

I'm brand new to ML and have already installed Beta -4a.  How do I though record in 10 bit raw using magic lantern?  I only see the 14 bit option.  I realize this answer is somewhere on the forum but being new im having some trouble.  Is there something else I need to add to the sd card from ML? If so do I have to remove ML and start over?  Keep in mind I'm completely new here and would very much appreciate some direct help with all the steps.  I have already loaded the 3 MLV modules.  Thank you in advance for your patience with a noob like myself. 

andy kh

good news for 70D users. now 10bit/12bit recording works like a charm. playback in the camera is also possible. lets thank Alex for this wonderful job
5D Mark III - 70D

nikfreak

Despite playback the recordings worked also in test releases:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg178494#msg178494

@a1ex: as TimerA works for modifying FPS -> what do you think about bringing it back for the public on 70D
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

andy kh

Quote from: nikfreak on August 21, 2017, 04:16:17 PM

not only playback problem but wrong black level was also a problem. its no more with today's release.
5D Mark III - 70D

bakersdozen

Quote from: nikfreak on August 21, 2017, 04:16:17 PM

@a1ex: as TimerA works for modifying FPS -> what do you think about bringing it back for the public on 70D
Yes please, I would love to get the bugs ironed out for fps override on 70d

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

EOS M + 5D3

gutosantana

Quote from: andy kh on August 21, 2017, 03:49:22 PM
good news for 70D users. now 10bit/12bit recording works like a charm. playback in the camera is also possible. lets thank Alex for this wonderful job

Hi, Andy. What version you are referring to ? I´m new here and want to start using ML on my 70D. Thanks in advance and best regards from Brazil to everyone here!

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (pull down menu) -> Experiments -> 10/12-bit RAW video

fjodor

I am using the new 10/12bit build (21th aug.) recording 10bit raw with audio works perfectly. My sincere gratitude!
But audio is terribly out of sync after conversion with MLV Producer to cDNG, any recommendation for converting 10bit to cDNG on PC for use in Resolve?

Thanks in advance ;)

skrimaging

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 22, 2017, 10:15:01 AM
Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (pull down menu) -> Experiments -> 10/12-bit RAW video
Should I download this August 21 10bit/12bit for my 70D or keep using the one from the first page on this thread that states being released back in oct 26 2016? Are there other advantages to installing august 21 build compared to older one linked here?

andy kh

You should download newer builds, test and report if you find any bugs. I have been using the 21 Aug build without any problem so far. 12/10bit recording works great now. You should try for yourself
5D Mark III - 70D

Walter Schulz

nikfreak

rileypreston_99

Hi there, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I have been getting some weird bars on my photos. I have a Canon 70D and I am running the latest Canon firmware and the latest Magic Lantern firmware. I am wondering if it is a software issue or a physical issue with my camera. Here are a few examples.

gerk.raisen

Hello all,

Tried to compile from lastest crop_rec_4k branch
after 2d83b69 (merge of 70D_merge_112 branch into crop_rec_4k)

When compiling I receive the error:

[ CC       ]   exmem.o
In file included from ../../src/exmem.c:3:0:
../../src/exmem.c: In function 'srm_malloc_cbr':
../../src/exmem.c:380:12: error: 'SRM_BUFFER_SIZE' undeclared (first use in this function)
     ASSERT(SRM_BUFFER_SIZE == raw_buffer_size);

If I understand correctly seems that the value of SRM_BUFFER_SIZE is not set

It's something that we know or maybe I could help finding it?

tecgen

The value of the SRM_BUFFER_SIZE for the 70D is *not yet* known within the crop_rec_4k branch. Have at the look at the code in the exmem.c class within the branch. You need to copy the printf(...) method call to the unified branch, compile it and run it on a real 70D. You are be able to find the value of the SRM_BUFFER_SIZE within a terminal window. Take this value and write it into the exmem.c class of the crop_rec_4k branch and try to compile it again.

I did the same for the 550D some days ago.
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=19300.msg189699#msg189699
Canon 5D Mark II, 50D, 550D/Rebel T2i, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, EF 85 f1.8, EF 135 f2.8 SF, Zoom H2n

gerk.raisen

Thanks tecgen,
I've tried to follow you but maybe the exmem.c code is a little too difficult for me :(

I tried to insert the following code in the exmem.c in the 70D_merge_112 branch (70D is still not in unified builds)

/* called from RscMgr task */
static REQUIRES(RscMgr) void srm_malloc_cbr(void** dst_ptr, void* raw_buffer, uint32_t raw_buffer_size)
{
    //printf("srm_malloc_cbr(%x, %x, %x)\n", dst_ptr, raw_buffer, raw_buffer_size);

/* we can't tell how much to allocate; the allocator tells us */
    /* the value is hardcoded in consts.h, for speed (probing is very slow) */
    ASSERT(SRM_BUFFER_SIZE == raw_buffer_size);

/* return the newly allocated buffer in the output variable */
    *dst_ptr = raw_buffer;

/* announce it's done */
    give_semaphore_nc(srm_alloc_sem);
}

I inserted it just after the line

342     static int srm_allocated = 0;

but trying to compile it return me a bunch of errors:

[ CC       ]   exmem.o
../../src/exmem.c:345:8: warning: return type defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]
static REQUIRES(RscMgr) void srm_malloc_cbr(void** dst_ptr, void* raw_buffer, uint32_t raw_buffer_size)
        ^
../../src/exmem.c: In function 'REQUIRES':
../../src/exmem.c:346:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:362:17: error: storage class specified for parameter 'srm_buffer_size'
static uint32_t srm_buffer_size = 0;
                 ^
../../src/exmem.c:362:1: error: parameter 'srm_buffer_size' is initialized
^
../../src/exmem.c:365:27: error: storage class specified for parameter 'srm_alloc_sem'
static struct semaphore * srm_alloc_sem = 0;
                           ^
../../src/exmem.c:365:15: error: parameter 'srm_alloc_sem' is initialized
               ^
../../src/exmem.c:368:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:388:17: error: storage class specified for parameter 'old_uilock_shutter'
static uint32_t old_uilock_shutter;
                 ^
../../src/exmem.c:391:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:399:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:407:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:491:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:517:1: warning: empty declaration
struct srm_malloc_buf
^
../../src/exmem.c:523:26: error: storage class specified for parameter 'srm_malloc_hSuite'
static struct memSuite * srm_malloc_hSuite = 0;
                          ^
../../src/exmem.c:523:15: error: parameter 'srm_malloc_hSuite' is initialized
               ^
../../src/exmem.c:524:30: error: storage class specified for parameter 'srm_malloc_buffers'
static struct srm_malloc_buf srm_malloc_buffers[10] = {{0}};
                              ^
../../src/exmem.c:524:15: error: parameter 'srm_malloc_buffers' is initialized
               ^
../../src/exmem.c:524:15: warning: braces around scalar initializer
../../src/exmem.c:524:15: note: (near initialization for 'srm_malloc_buffers')
../../src/exmem.c:528:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:590:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:618:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:630:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
../../src/exmem.c:668:1: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before '{' token
{
^
In file included from ../../src/dryos.h:41:0,
                 from ../../src/exmem.c:3:
../../src/tasks.h:160:8: error: parameter 'task_create_exmem_init' is initialized
struct task_create \
        ^
../../src/exmem.c:674:1: note: in expansion of macro 'INIT_FUNC'
INIT_FUNC("exmem", exmem_init);
^
../../src/tasks.h:162:1: error: section attribute not allowed for 'task_create_exmem_init'
task_create_##ENTRY = { \
^
^
../../src/exmem.c:674:20: error: 'exmem_init' undeclared (first use in this function)
                    ^
../../src/tasks.h:164:27: note: in definition of macro 'INIT_FUNC'
         .entry          = ENTRY, \
                           ^
../../src/exmem.c:674:20: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
                    ^
../../src/tasks.h:164:27: note: in definition of macro 'INIT_FUNC'
         .entry          = ENTRY, \
                           ^
../../src/exmem.c:345:8: warning: type of 'RscMgr' defaults to 'int' [-Wimplicit-int]
        ^
../../src/tasks.h:162:1: error: declaration for parameter 'task_create_exmem_init' but no such parameter
task_create_##ENTRY = { \
^
^
../../src/exmem.c:524:30: error: declaration for parameter 'srm_malloc_buffers' but no such parameter
                              ^
../../src/exmem.c:523:26: error: declaration for parameter 'srm_malloc_hSuite' but no such parameter
                          ^
../../src/exmem.c:388:17: error: declaration for parameter 'old_uilock_shutter' but no such parameter
static uint32_t old_uilock_shutter;
                 ^
../../src/exmem.c:365:27: error: declaration for parameter 'srm_alloc_sem' but no such parameter
                           ^
../../src/exmem.c:362:17: error: declaration for parameter 'srm_buffer_size' but no such parameter
                 ^
../../src/tasks.h:160:8: error: expected '{' at end of input
struct task_create \
        ^
^
../../src/exmem.c: At top level:
../../src/exmem.c:342:12: warning: 'srm_allocated' defined but not used [-Wunused-variable]
static int srm_allocated = 0;
            ^
make[1]: *** [../../Makefile.filerules:25: exmem.o] Error 1

Could you please help me a little more step by step? :)

nikfreak

Quote from: tecgen on September 18, 2017, 04:02:44 PM
The value of the SRM_BUFFER_SIZE for the 70D is *not yet* known...

a1ex has meanwhile "extended" my initial pull request and you can say that my PR and the one in ML's repo don'T match exactly. I've reintroduce fps override btw in my PR. Still if you follow the source linked in 1st post:

https://bitbucket.org/nikfreak/magic-lantern/branch/70D_merge_fw112

you will find SRM_BUFFER_SIZE

tecgen

Great nikfreak! Than thats just a matter of time until the crop_rec_4k branch will compile for the 70D again :)
Canon 5D Mark II, 50D, 550D/Rebel T2i, EF 40mm f/2.8 STM, Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8, EF 85 f1.8, EF 135 f2.8 SF, Zoom H2n

gerk.raisen

Thank you nikfreak...

I just can't wait: :)

Meantime I try building from your repo and maybe I'll try to integrate your lastest commit in the A1ex crop_rec_4k branch

andy kh

i downloaded and test the latest 15 Sep 17 build and found mlv playback problem. if recording is done only for 4/5 seconds playback is ok but if i record for a longer time like 20 seconds or more i always get this msg

5D Mark III - 70D