Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuxfoto

Hallo,
i have complete New Installed. All function ok.

donnie_brasco

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 29, 2017, 06:40:08 PM
Consult Canon manual -> Setting the Sound Recording (p. 268): Sound Recording/Sound-Recording Level -> Manual

What settings are recomended? Is there a way to get completely clean audio without the whitenoise/hizz the agc makes? Except for using the mp3 trick or similiar like beachtek. Can i remove/reduce it in post? I use final cut pro.

Thanks so much for helping. 😀😀😀

Nzyer

I searched alot here, on Google and Youtbe but couldn't find any help... My 70D says that Dual Iso does not work in movie mode on this camera. But why? Is it because of the writing speed? I remember that the 600D and 700D have this option and their writing speed is below of the writing speed of the 70D. I want to make those brilliant HDR Videos with the Dual Iso...

gunman30643

HI
I am new to this site, need help with the link to download majic lantern to my canon 70D.

any assistance, I would  be grateful

Jan 8)

a1ex

Minor progress towards integration in the main tree: added a lua_fix experimental build. It's 100% untested on this model (I've tried it on 5D3 and 500D).

In particular, for this build, I'm interested in:
- logs from selftest.mo and api_test.lua
- any error screens that might pop up under regular usage (with steps to reproduce)
- whether raw video is working in all video modes
- whether raw video histogram changes with digital ISO (e.g. whether ISO 160/200/250 give different raw histograms in movie mode or not)

XsMagical

Quote from: a1ex on June 24, 2017, 12:55:21 AM
Minor progress towards integration in the main tree: added a lua_fix experimental build. It's 100% untested on this model (I've tried it on 5D3 and 500D).

In particular, for this build, I'm interested in:
- logs from selftest.mo and api_test.lua
- any error screens that might pop up under regular usage (with steps to reproduce)
- whether raw video is working in all video modes
- whether raw video histogram changes with digital ISO (e.g. whether ISO 160/200/250 give different raw histograms in movie mode or not)

Testing now, Will report back

a1ex

Thanks; also added 10/12-bit experimental build, just as untested. Please try and report.

Cadkey

Where to download this version please?
70D.112

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> Downloads -> Downloads (Drop down menu) -> Experiments

Cadkey

70D.112

andy kh

need to do some test but unfortunately im out of station or few weeks
5D Mark III - 70D

tuxfoto

Hallo,

when i install"magiclantern-lua_fix.2017Jul06.70D112.zip ", then is no Menu, by push the MENU-Button.
There is only the Symbol and the Name in Display.
Is this ok?

Walter Schulz

Please share screen snapshot.
You tried to push "Trashcan" button, too?

tuxfoto

I push the Trash-Button is ok.
Magic Lantern "start", push enter, comes the Overlay.
Push the Menu-Button, Comes not the complete Overlay.

Walter Schulz

Sorry, unable to find "start". Unable to find "Enter".

tuxfoto

@All Sorry for my bad english!

Drücke Löschen, dann kommt Start von Magic Lantern, dann Ok-Taste/Enter, dann kommt das Overlay-Menu, wenn dann die Menu-Taste gedrückt wird soll die Komplett-Übersicht kommen. Es wird im Display oben/mitte das Symbol vom aktuellen Tab mit Beschriftung angezeigt.
Mit dem Wahlrad scrollen sieht man die einzelnen Symbole der Tabs.

Walter Schulz

Es gibt an der Kamera keine Taste "ok" oder "Enter". Ich habe keine Ahnung, ob Du im Video- oder Fotomodus bist.

Gib die genauen Schritte an, mach am besten ein Video, das die Bedienschritte zeigt.
Ist das Verhalten bei anderen Builds identisch?

tuxfoto

Walter Schulz

Wenn Du im ML-Menü bist und die MENU-Taste drückst, wechselst Du in den "Junkie"-Modus des ML-Menüs.

Dort hast Du wieder die SET-Taste, um in die Untermenüs zu gehen und "Q", damit Du die Untermenüs wieder verläßt.
Wo ist das Problem?

tuxfoto

Beta-4a alles ok.

magiclantern-lua_fix.2017Jul06.70D112.zip
Da funktioniert der Junkie-Modus nicht, im Video nachvollziehbar.

Sorry Walter, war eine schwierige Geburt, wusste nicht das der Modus so heisst.

a1ex

After using some menu items in the regular menu, they should appear in the "junkie" one. That's because lua_fix includes the Dynamic My Menu experiment.

Can you suggest a better behavior (in the linked thread) when the usage counters are not yet initialized? (in other words, right after a fresh install)

tuxfoto

Thanks!
I'am testing.

Gives a faq for Dynamic Menu?

OlRivrRat

@Gunman30643

Go to 1st Post on 1st Page of this Thread ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

stan101

Hi all, I recently picked up my 70D after a while and tried to initiate Peak Focusing.. No matter what the setting in global draw, I only get peak focusing in the image review after shooting.. I have the Canon Overlays turned off.

Also, I can't get fast zebras to work at all. The spot metering is only showing up on the review also.

I know I have had zebras working in Live View and I think I had peak focusing working, too but for the life of me I can't recall what I have changed.

Is there any obvious setting other than the Global Draw option that I should be checking? I'm using v 112

a1ex

Quote from: stan101 on July 20, 2017, 05:43:01 PM
Is there any obvious setting other than the Global Draw option that I should be checking?

If there's any precondition you need to set, it should be printed at the bottom of screen and the menu should be grayed out. Otherwise, it's a bug.