Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neige

hello everybody :)

Same here, like khwaja. when i shot in Raw video, i have some freeze, i can't make nothing after, with or without battery, with or without card.

my Dslr stay "die" during about 15 minutes, after it's come back.

i can't use my DSLR max 30 seconde in raw video, after it's crash :(, sometime that crash just in the ML menu

-- after go to the menu (the canon menu, not ML) and make "format card" no more problemes today and that keep ML

hope that can help anyone

neige

ShootMeAlready

Ensure you have video switch set, and card (min. 40 MB/s write speed) has enough space.
Dual ISO does not work for video.
RAW video crashes the camera (need to pull battery out, wait 30s) if you use raw_twk.mo.
RAW video (14 bit) varies how it stops based on resoution and and fps.
After you hit stop stop record or it stops because of skipped frame, you have to wait for the camera to finish its processing, else you get weird behaviour.

To get most from RAW video (14 bit) continuous, ensure you dont exceed 720p /24fps. ISO 400 max.
The highest useful 14 bit raw resolution of 1600 @2:35 /24fps, and it will run about 40s or more.  ISO 400 max.
If you use higher resolutions you get clip times less than 30s, which tends to limit things.
5X mode supports 1080p and even 2k but you lose AF tracking, it forces 30fps, and the clips are less than 5s.
The best video low light mode is H264, flat profile pic shot flat, ALL-I at 1080p 30fps, ISO 1600 max.

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

khwaja

Hi Neige,
I have this problem on Saturday morning. After few hours, it worked again. Then I uninstalled ML and did low level formatting. This issue happened few times again on Saturday evening. I tried switching on camera few times on Sunday. Nothing is happening so far. It is dead.
Don't know what to do at this point in time.

andy kh

@khwaja have you check your battery if it is ok?
5D Mark III - 70D

Andikiwi

Hi guys, just would like to know when do you think the complete version of ML will be ready for the 70D? Thanks

neige

probleme come back again, like you.

thank ShootMeAlready for your help !
where i can disable raw_twk.mo ? i don't find it in my modules or in the advanced raw video option
i use a Lexar 64GB / 1000x
720p/24fps and ISO 100 

thanks

Canniballissimo

please answer the question. I shot MLV by small files for 30 seconds. 40 minutes later the camera began to record video at a very low speed, about 6 megabytes instead of 38. I tried another card, which had the same low speed and there were no records on it. After 4 hours, I came home and tried again a record. The speed is normal again! As I understand it, is to protect it from overheating. Yes? How do I disable it?

nikfreak

Camera would shutdown if it overheated. Your issue was/is another and I never seen any reports like yours before. You need to find a way to reproduce it.
@khwaja are you sure that dualiso (which is only active in photo mode on 70D) caused your issue? Or just a guess?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Audionut

Quote from: Andikiwi on February 28, 2017, 12:11:43 PM
Hi guys, just would like to know when do you think the complete version of ML will be ready for the 70D? Thanks

http://wiki.magiclantern.fm/faq#any_progress_on_xyz

Also read the other FAQ's on that page underneath the one linked.

OlRivrRat

@Andikiwi

It May Already Be ~ Or ~ It Will Be When It Is ~

I'm curious to know what You would consider to be a Complete ML.

For now I would suggest that You Load, Use & Enjoy All the Wondrous Power that the

Wizards of ML have made available to You & Your 70D & Observe & Be Patient ~~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Starmaker5280

Is there a 1.1.12a? I picked up this 12, and my camera said it was looking for a 12a version.

gbk

Every time when I take a photo I've got "raw error falling back to yuv overlays". Why?

Frarike

70D.112

pmus2017

Hi. Big thanks to all those who develop ML. Cracking tool. Just bought the 70d and having issue with ML exposure tools. In zebras and clip warning in histogram, they are only working at certain apertures. On certain apertures (different for different Sigma lenses) they don't display despite having displayed on smaller apertures ( so should be worse ). If I click through apertures from largest to smallest, every three or four settings they vanish then return as I move to the next  ( until exposure gets down to level where they should not be showing). It is identical issue with both tools at the same time. Any advice appreciated. Can't see this in the list of known bugs at top of thread.

nikfreak

Any Canon original lens at your hand to verify?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

pmus2017

I do but problem seems intermittent as not doing it now. Was the same yesterday. Did it for a while then resolved itself. Will try to figure out when it happens & whether there is anything I am doing that may trigger it.

offshore

Hi! I also have the same problem .... Error Raw... and more taking photos in the app dual iso cr2hdr for osx returns me error:

--------------------------------------

cr2hdr // Beta 2.0

Input File: IMG_3953.CR2
Error: RAW ABOUT INJECTION FAILED Logfile: IMG_3953.txt

THE END
-------------------------------------

log txt:

"Cr2hdr: a post-processing tool for Dual ISO images

Last update: 2f4e2df on 02/12/2013 17:45:36 UTC by alex:
cr2hdr: fix DNG compression under Windows

Active options:
--amaze-edge: use a temporary demosaic step (Amaze) Followed by edge-directed interpolation (default)
--cs2x2: apply 2x2 chroma smoothing and aliased in noisy areas (default)

Input File: IMG_3952.CR2
No room model found with id 0x325 "

what can I do?

thanks for reply...

Roberto.
Canon EOS 70D Firm 1.1.2 Canon 70/300 Canon 17/85 Sigma 17/50 Sigma 10/20
ML Beta 4A

Walter Schulz

Outdated. Download latest package.

stephaud

Hi !
Could you suggest me a good choice for an external monitor working with ML please (hdmi In/Out, 7", focus peaking, 1:1 pixel, histogram...) ?
Thanks !

Frarike

Quote from: stephaud on March 20, 2017, 06:49:56 PM
Hi !
Could you suggest me a good choice for an external monitor working with ML please (hdmi In/Out, 7", focus peaking, 1:1 pixel, histogram...) ?
Thanks !

Not here, not relevant.
70D.112

stephaud

Quote from: Frarike on March 20, 2017, 09:55:11 PM
Not here, not relevant.
Sorry, but behind my question i would like to know if there is limitation to use an external monitor with this beta release compared to a ML supported camera like a 5D III ?
Thanks for your answer.

pmus2017

Quote from: pmus2017 on March 14, 2017, 11:53:06 AM
Hi. Big thanks to all those who develop ML. Cracking tool. Just bought the 70d and having issue with ML exposure tools. In zebras and clip warning in histogram, they are only working at certain apertures. On certain apertures (different for different Sigma lenses) they don't display despite having displayed on smaller apertures ( so should be worse ). If I click through apertures from largest to smallest, every three or four settings they vanish then return as I move to the next  ( until exposure gets down to level where they should not be showing). It is identical issue with both tools at the same time. Any advice appreciated. Can't see this in the list of known bugs at top of thread.

OK I have identified when it occurs now - if I am on the native ISOs ( 160, 320, 640, e.t.c ) then it always happens. As I increase/decrease the aperture, every few stops the zebras & clip warnings disappear despite obvious clipping in the image. I have tried it on both Sigma & Canon lenses and the same problems occur with both types of lens. If i choose 100 ISO or any non native setting the problem does not appear. Obviously I can stick to the non-native ISOs but of course I want to ONLY use native ISOs to reduce noise!

Any suggestions?
Thnx

dmilligan

pmus2017

OK well as I don't have a Phd in digital imagery that didn't really make a lot of sense, but I think you are trying to indicate that this assertion that 160 multiples are the native ISOs of Canon cameras is wrong ( despite the fact that I have read it / seen it mentioned in many places online ). That being so, I can of course avoid the 160 multiples that are causing the issue which is great, but the problem still stands.