Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StalloneYuan

kamaruddin isah

i just install Magic Lantern (Beta-4a / 26th Oct) in my canon 70D.. error msg like this >> incorrect firmware version.. expecting  a canon 70D.. with firmware version 112... please try installing ML for 70D 112A...  what shoult i do... tq

Walter Schulz

Install Canon firmware version 1.1.2.

PFinnegan

Thanks for the reply. Which issue will that resolve?

Walter Schulz

Using most recent ML build for 70D designed to work with 1.1.2.

farrellts

Per recommendations last week, I deleted the "ML" directory on my SD card then copied it back from the newest release.  This seems to have corrected the issue I was encountering with crashes within "Memory.c" generating "Err 70".  And, yes, before I performed the above actions, I compared file counts in the "ML" directory on my SD card to those in the latest release directory.  They did in fact differ.

So did I misread earlier documentation which instructed us to simply copy a new ML release on top of the last one?  I don't believe I would have done so on my own.  Then again I suppose I could have imagined it.

Anyhow, I certainly have encountered analogous situations in software development.  In one job I was the engineer with the "exciting" responsibility of building and maintaining product installers, wherein one was always doing battle to try to stay in sync with changes from Microsoft, Apple, Sun Microsystems and -- of course -- the users.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I suppose the obsolete ".mo" must have been the culprit as suggested.
Tom Farrell 70D.111A

stan101

Just loaded up the new Canon firmware and ML.

Can confirm it went smoothly and dotfocus module works well.

Will test more this weekend

thanks!

OlRivrRat

@Farrellts

Should normally be unnecessary to Delete Old M'L' build before Installing a New 1. Probable reason for the File Count Diff'

is that the New "Settings" Folder is Empty until You apply some settings Changes.

My Usual Update Procedure is to Remove Old "Settings" Folder from the "ML" Folder, Copy New Build Pieces to the SDCard,

@ which time I get asked if I want to Replace Those that are Already there & I answer Yes, Then I copy my Old "Settings" Folder

to the New "ML" Folder being asked again if the 1 that is there should be Replaced to which I answer Yes ~ & Its Done ~ The New

Build is Installed & My Old Settings are already Active ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

PFinnegan

Thanks CadKey,

Which issue does your solution resolve? I did as you suggested but the camera still drops the mirror at 30 minutes.Plus there is no option for setting the halfpress shutter to sticky. I assume this is why I am still seeing power save taking effect.

Thanks again

Cadkey

It resolve your question "how to disable power save in ML"
70D.112

funkysound

Hello again - didn´t write something here since a long time because ML did and still does work very good on my EOSMs and 600D. Thanks a lot for that!
I use them for a long time now for professional video making. Still love to use the old 600D because of the Audio Out option, 3x digital zoom combined with flexible the display. if I don´t have to use a 5D the 600D is my choice.
Now a bought a 70D too because of the better focus and the first thing was to install ML - great work again!
I have two questions:
Can you implement the 3x zoom in ML to have all functions available without changing to canon Menu and could it ever be possible to have an audio out too?
Another great thing would be (for all DSLRs) to have the possibility to compile a special department for the functions one is using often. Sometimes it takes too much time to jump through the Menu departments for changes like for example Audio overwrite on/of, WB control and 3x Focus, ...
I´m only using a few things of the ML possibilities in my daily work and this would help a lot for my workflow. What do you think?
EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

PFinnegan

@Cadkey: Thanks again for the reply but as I mentioned, that solution didn't solve the problem for me. The camera still goes into power save and the mirror drops after 30 minutes.

Can you (or anyone else for that matter) help me with this issue and my other original questions?

Primary issue:I need the 70D to not go into power save while recording via HDMI

Secondary / related / causal issues: I can't see the sticky keys options and the option to disable power save in the ML menu that the manual and on-screen help refers to.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

OlRivrRat

@FunkySound

"Another great thing would be (for all DSLRs) to have the possibility to compile a special department for the functions one is using often"

Both CanonMenu & M'L'Menu Already Have this Functionality ~ Both are Located @ the RightMost Tab in the Menus ~ Canon calls

theirs "MyMenu" & it has a Star Icon ~ M'L' calls theirs "Modified" & it has a TriAngle or Warning Icon ~

ORR ~ DeanB

andy kh

Is it too early for 70D to get 12bit/10bit raw rec??
5D Mark III - 70D

funkysound

@OlRivrRat

I know about "My Menu" and also "Modified" - as far as I experienced this function it only shows what was changed and is still changed.
Even if this is a great help it is not what I meant.
If I change back a function to normal its gone from "Modified" after a new start and I have to go through the tabs again to find it.  On the other side functions stay available which I never or rarely change back to normal.
I thought about a kind of "My menu" inside ML which I can configure for my special needs.
Or did I get something wrong here and this is already possible?

EOS 600d, Tamron 17-50mm 2,8 with stab., Tamron 70-300mm, Canon 50mm 1:1,8, Sigma 10-20mm 4-5,6, Sigma 30mm 1,4,  EOS M with 18-55mm, 22mm and EF adapter, tons of more glases incl. FD/FL, EOS 70D, Canon 18-135mm STM

Walter Schulz

funkysound

@Walter Schulz

Ohh shit ... how stupid am I. Should have asked much earlier - Thanks a lot for this fast answer Walter!

nikfreak

Quote from: andy kh on November 26, 2016, 07:07:52 AM
Is it too early for 70D to get 12bit/10bit raw rec??

I will prepare something for you some patience plz - just free time is really rare atm.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

OlRivrRat

@FunkySound & Walter

Well BODDB (BigOl'DumbyDeanB) ~ Been so long since I SetUp &or Used M'L' (since My 70D is Dead & I seldom use 5DM2 anymore)

that I plumb forgot about that ~ Thanks for the HeadsUp Walter.

ORR ~ BODDB

andy kh

@nikfreak no pro. Will wait till u get free time
5D Mark III - 70D

ShootMeAlready

Not used 10 or 12 bit raw before. 
Does reduction in bits mean that the clips record longer with 10bit raw than 14 bit raw?
I dont assume efficiency unless its measured.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

lamella

Hi,
error message compes again after every single photos taken: Raw error, falling back to YUV overlays

camera: 70D, fw: 1.1.2
build: Nightly.2016Oct26.70D112

Debug console says:
Black 1/5: mean too different (2049, ref 2686+-221.15)

What's the problem, and is there a short workaround?

OlRivrRat

@ Lamellia

Turn Off All Modules You Don't Need & See if that Changes anything.

ORR ~ DeanB

a1ex

The issue was discussed before, and it's not related to modules. Canon code overwrites the raw buffer after taking a picture, so it has to be patched somehow in order to use raw overlays in photo mode.

lamella

So it's still an open issue, OK. Thx A1ex!