Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

The test build from #2674 for 1.1.2 doesn't include ettr.mo.
So you just using the one from 1.1.1 being still located on your sdcard.

Going to update the first post these days then....
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

camslide

Yes, I was using the one from 1.1.1. I didn't use it actively, just activated the module.
70D.112

khrisvincent

I have a firmware version 1.1.2 and installed ML. the question is, whenever I use FRSP + Intervalometer, my screen just goes black. but it's working. I have seen some videos on youtube and theirs still shows live mode while intervalometer is running. Do I have to change settings so that Live View mode will still be on the screen while using FRSP + Intervalometer?

nikfreak

Recompiled and linked the new build based upon firmware 1.1.2 and updated first post. Dropping hereby support for all previous releases based upon 1.1.1 (be it A or B revision).

Cadkey

ML Beta 4a, message"Raw error, falling back to YUV overlays"
No problem with old ML version.
How to solve this problem please?
70D.112

nikfreak

Not a problem at all as it always existed. You probably just discovered it for the first time.
You probably played too much with the "Zebras" option in ML menu. For the time being I recommend turning off "use RAW zebras". Another option would be to disable quick review or just use LumaFast or a combination of all mentioned...

Btw the "not working" section in 1st post contains a hint regarding raw zebras. And that hint has been there for a long time now...

Cadkey

I've never had this problem in Beta 3c, I have not changed my options since.
I have not "use RAW zebras" in "Zebras" option.
I have "Color Space", "Underexposure", "Overexposure" and "When recording"
And in "Color Space" there are" Luma "," RGB "," Luma Fast "

Tested with "Zebras" Off and same error "error Raw, falling back to YUV overlays"

Edit: Restore ML defaults and Restart, same error
        Delete SETTING folder on SDCard, always same error.
70D.112

nikfreak

You sure that you also didn't change any "Quick Review" settings?

• either in canon Original menu
  • if above is not the case then in ML menu "image Review" set that to "CanonMnu:Hold->Play" [set Canon menu to Hold too]

Cadkey

It worked in Beta 3c, I never touched this tuning for a long time. I'm sure and certain.
Now impossible to use the Beta 4a with an "image review" option other than "Hold"
with or without Zebras, impossible to use image review.
Before, all image review option worked, Always use image review on 4 seconds with ML
Even without Zebra, "Image review" function is degraded with ML.

No solution to use full option in "Image review in Beta Beta 4a like beta 3c and previous version?
70D.112

nikfreak

I need to make a diff between the old 1.1.1 branch and the new 1.1.2. Maybe I missed something while doing the update to 1.1.2 but the message always was there from the beginning of 70D porting. Maybe I just was hiding the message for thepeople not being confused.
Don't feel stressed for the moment. I would describe it as a fallback message not really suited for everyone's eye. You can use the "canonMnu:Hold" trick for the moment.

Check the source comments please:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/15fce5b49b23baeba38c9dd49e5f2822aaa85400/src/raw.c?at=unified&fileviewer=file-view-default#raw.c-1957

For the moment ignore it...

Cadkey

Ok.  indeed, the message appears. but it does not seem that there is a problem or a real error in my case.
In my configuration used, I never had this message displayed in Beta 3c.
Thanks for your help.
70D.112

nikfreak

for more infos regarding that problem check the Pull request on bitbucet for the older 1.1.1 revisions. I've posted screenshots over there how it will look even if you enable "use raw zebras". Check it out:

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/src/15fce5b49b23baeba38c9dd49e5f2822aaa85400/src/raw.c?at=unified&fileviewer=file-view-default#raw.c-1957

Cadkey

Yes I understand. in 1.1.1, there was this problem with "use raw zebras", it's ok.
In 1.1.2 the problem widened. Probably like you said, the message may not be in the right place in 1.1.2
The display of the error message is not a problem in my case. I can ignore it.
70D.112

nk87

Hello. Please fix focus box in magic zoom. I can't move it. This focus box stay only in one position on the screen. It was the same problem as in some alpha builds

khwaja

I am going to try install. Can I use EC with M model like in latest cameras (80D, M3 and 5d4).

Thanks

farrellts

Please feel free to yell at me. I'm extremely technical in terms of computer hardware & software development but have not had my 70D awfully long (early 2016), and it will take me a while to read what appears to be 109 pages of prior posts from EOS 70D Magic Lantern users.  I  have installed EOS 1.1.2 firmware update, then Magic Lantern (October 2016 download), which is functioning well on camera.  Perhaps somebody can just share whether what follows is unique to me:

Sure, a few occasional crashes when using camera in the field but no big deal to reboot as needed.  However, I'm finding it problematic now to connect to PC via USB cable and download image/video files -- causes Magic Lantern to crash, no idea why.  This is the case, whether cable is connected prior to power-on or after.

So I figured I'd do a temporary boot without Magic Lantern and see if I could then make the USB/PC connection.  However, holding down "Set" while powering up camera does NOT seem to stop Magic Lantern from loading per the instructions for doing so.  (And, yes, I hold "Set" down before power on and then while watching Magic Lantern load anyhow.)

Looks like, for now anyhow, I will have to either pop my EOS 70D's SD card directly into my laptop to get access to photos/videos.  Or else via my Android device, either using USB OTG connection or DSLR Controller/Gallery apps.

Nevertheless, it will eventually be necessary to connect to laptop via USB.

Thanks, and again, please feel free to yell at me.
Tom Farrell 70D.111A

lojzik

I have problem with silent pictures
- simple - hlf-shutter - dng taken
- full-res - hlf-shutter - nothing

70D.112

DeafEyeJedi

@farrellts -- no need to yell at you. Just please continue with using the SD slot reader in your laptop OR get a decent card reader (preferably USB 3.0 and supports UDMA 0-7) as I like this one that has served me well over the past year or so.

http://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/reviews/card-readers/kingston-memory-card-reader-fcr-hs4/

@lojzik -- have you tried resetting ML back to default and run FRSP again? Are you using DNG or MLV to spit out the FRSP files?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

a1ex

How does the crash look like?

There is a similar problem on 5D2, but I had no way to reproduce it consistently. After the crash, repeating the copy process works fine...

OlRivrRat

@Farrellts

It has been mentioned, in the not too distant past, that having the "lua.mo" Active May cause some

70D+M'L' Operational Issues. So Disable it if You have it Active & Try Again.

I found that the Set Button on My 70D had to be Pressed "Just Right" during StartUp to Prevent M'L'

Launch. The Following is from a Post I did back in Apr'15 ~

SetButtonStart Issue Solved ~ Turned out to be a Firm-Awareness quirk ~ If I Depress & Hold the SetButton with the Meat

of my thumb, which is how I normally Press It, ML would still be active. If I Depress & Hold the SetButton with my ThumbNail the

Cam' Starts up with ML Inactive. My apologies to all who Wasted Time on solving MyProb'.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

lojzik

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on November 02, 2016, 05:16:55 PM
@lojzik -- have you tried resetting ML back to default and run FRSP again? Are you using DNG or MLV to spit out the FRSP files?
reset ML
enable silenpicture
fullress + dng -> nothing
simple + dng -> log on display + saved dng
fullress + mlv -> nothing
simple + mlv -> mlv module error
enable mlv&raw modules
fullress + mlv -> nothing
simple + mlv -> log on display + saved mlv
70D.112

DeafEyeJedi

Do you realized that FRSP only works while in LiveView?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

lojzik

My research:
1. Av+simple silentpictures -> saved
2. Av+FRSP -> nothing
3. Av+FRSP+intervalometer -> Manual (M) is required
3. M (auto iso)+ FRSP -> manual exposure is required
4. M + FRSP -> saved

It was my first using of FRSP and I don't know about manual exposure. It would be nice to write to menu, that FRSP requires manual exposure (here is only info about LV) and variant 2 lacks relevant error message.
70D.112

a1ex

Menu warning works fine here (60D).

nikfreak

There's definitely a hint for your problem within silent.mo while browsing through ML menu. Check again yourself on the camera:

QuoteFull-res pictures only work in Manual (M) photo mode.

Feel free to suggest a better suited text within FRSP's thread over here:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12523.0