Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadkey

70D.112

martijnsx

Hi Nik,

Thanks for the test release! Did you only change the firmware number check in ML or did you have to make other adjustments because the new firmware works different in some places?

I ask because i want to know if i can safely use it on my camera. Out of excitement i installed the new canon firmware hoping it would give some new functions. Unfortunately it does nothing in that respect.

Does the firmware file/update from canon mean that ML development will be easier? Or does it make no difference?

Best regards,
Martijn

Walter Schulz

Quote from: martijnsx on October 06, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
Did you only change the firmware number check in ML or did you have to make other adjustments because the new firmware works different in some places?

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12627.msg156850#msg156850

Quote from: martijnsx on October 06, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
Does the firmware file/update from canon mean that ML development will be easier? Or does it make no difference?
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg172653#msg172653

treecreeper

Hi All

I have been using the Beta for quite a few months and have not experienced any issues. One thing I am keen to try is the focus stacking option.

What is the status of that feature? Is there a way for me to test or try it out?

Thanks for your great work

Regards

Marsu42

Quote from: ShootMeAlready on October 05, 2016, 05:48:07 PM
If all youre concerned about is still shooting, then I would agree with you that there are better DSLRs with ML release out there. The 7D has similar focus system as the 70D, and it has the key ML still shooter features you want.

Thanks for the assessment, I indeed now settled for a min-condition used 7d1 for less than half the price of a cashback 80d and strangely still way below for what a used 70d sells. True, a new camera has got warranty, but it's no good if you reach the shutter's spec'ed eol in no time with these frame rates :-\

The 7d1 has full ml, a sturdier shutter and build quality, and crucial af features that Canon, being Canon, has cut from the 70d and 80d: af point expansion and spot af. Esp. b/c the 70d sensor iq is basically what the 7d1 is, I really don't see the 70d as a still shooter's choice.

Quote from: treecreeper on October 11, 2016, 08:59:43 PM
I have been using the Beta for quite a few months and have not experienced any issues. One thing I am keen to try is the focus stacking option. What is the status of that feature? Is there a way for me to test or try it out?

If you'd venture a few posts below, you'd read that all the focus stuff isn't working atm. Or see https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: Marsu42 on October 16, 2016, 12:11:09 AM
If you'd venture a few posts below, you'd read that all the focus stuff isn't working atm. Or see https://builds.magiclantern.fm/features.html

+1
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

notasss

I updated my canon 70D firmware to version 1.1.2 and now will not let me install any version of magic latern neither A nor B, as can downgrade the firmware1.1.2? or is there some patch to install on this version?

Help me!! :)

Thank you so much

AndreRodrigues

Quick question:

Should I change my bitrate settings on 70D? The gain is good enought? I use this card: http://www.submarino.com.br/produto/12708267/cartao-sandisk-extreme-sdhc-32gb-de-90mb-s-uhs-i-u3-classe-10-para-4k?opn=XMLGOOGLE&WT.srch=1&loja=13869436000163&&epar=bp_pl_00_go_g35150&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyozABRDtgPTM0taCrKsBEiQATk6xDiDMFp0bKrj6s336DOxUi8XDmOfNuURU0JHGkHxL-VgaAiaF8P8HAQ

How much I can go up on 70D? Someone has experience in this?

I was thinking in use CBR just a little higher, like 1.3 or 1.5... Gonna have problems?

Canon 70D + Sandisk 32GB Extreme 90MB/s SDHC 3 10 + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens + Canon EF-S 55-250MM F/4-5.6 IS STM + Canon EF 50MM F/1.8 II

phorgan1

Just noting that I'm another 1.1.2 user who is available for testing. You can also contact me at phorgan1 at gmail

nikfreak

Quote from: phorgan1 on October 17, 2016, 09:29:02 AM
Just noting that I'm another 1.1.2 user who is available for testing. You can also contact me at phorgan1 at gmail

Why ask when it's already available?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

notasss

Is it posible to shot 1080/60  with TVE last versión of ML , besides  use this with optical zoom x3 at the sale time?

Thanks a lot

thegman59

Been using ML on this camera for about 3 months to help improve green screen keying in work. As of yesterday some, let's say 'muppet' helpfully updated the firmware to 1.1.2 (i keep the ML SD card with me as I'm the green screen videographer and the in field videographer uses another non ML SD card). Anyway after he updated it I was forced to try this new beta ML and for the most part works great, ettr.mo is not present however and I have noticed lots of coloured pixels appear on MLV footage that was not there in the previous nightly. Is there anything I can do to remove these coloured spots as I have about a week before I have three days solid booking of shootings and I need ML to run right for my workflow to be at its most efficient. Not the end of the world if I cant as ill use the built in .mov recording but it will make my inner child cry if its not crisp and easily key-able.

DeafEyeJedi

Guys...

Better late than never. Please update to 112 (download build from OP) if you haven't already. Not only the AutoFocus (face tracker especially) seems to be quicker and more precise (doesn't over/under-rack as much) which may be useful for some and it just feels better overall. Perhaps for Gimbal work?

Nice job Canon with the firmware update! 8)

Finally some test feedbacks:

*Bug Report Sheet*

Regarding 70D_1.1.2 -- 

Shot features
- advaced bracket:
- default params (auto and constant frames) - OK
- default + iso shifting (auto frames) - OK
- default + DOF + constant frames - OK
- default + flash + (auto/constant) frames - OK
- intervalometer:
- interval 3s -> real interval for 3 pictures: 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3  even with Dual-ISO FRSP Love it!!!  8)
- trigger - all seems OK

Image review
  - play mode exposure adjust - OK
  - timelapse play - ok both directions (confirmed)
  - trigger key - all OK
  - image review - OK
  - quick zoom single press -> 100% - OK
  - fast - OK
  - full zoom on AF - OK?

Expo lock
  - Off/Tv,ISO/Tv,Av - OK
  - off/ISO,Tv/Tv,Av - OK
  - off/Tv,ISO/Av,Tv - OK
  - iso,Av/Tv,ISO/Av,Tv - OK
  - iso,Av/off/Av,Tv -OK

Dual ISO
  - 100/800, 100/1600 - OK
  - alternate frames - OK
  - custom file prefix - OK

Expo presets
  - Press Info - OK
  - Press Set -  OK
  - white balance only in K mode works OK

Overlay (all in photo mode)
  - Zebras
     under, over - OK
     color space - OK

Focus peak
  - greyscale - OK (although I don't use it much)

Crop marks
- show in photo mode - OK
- show in play mode - photo topleft+metadata -> cropmark on whole display (confirmed)

Ghost image
- play with photo topleft+metadata -> overlay photo only on topleft in LV

Spotmetter
- spotmeter unit - OK
- spot position - OK

LV with ML overlay
- ML comes back on after 5-6 seconds for the 'Menu Timeout Workaround' (This is normal)

False color
- All Modes seem normal to me. Can anyone else confirm this to be sure?

Waveform
- all modes do work but sometimes Spot meter portion takes away parts of waveform if enlarged

Vector scope
- OK

Histogram
- OK works really well actually.

DOF settings
- OK This can be useful for manual only lenses.

Maybe later on this week when I have more time to record the LiveView Display externally for these who are curious.

camslide

I updated to 1.1.2 and reinstalled ML. Is there a reason for not including ettr.mo?
A little off-topic: Is it possible to use FRSP and automatically disable it when getting near the limits?
70D.112

lucas_baez

Hi!
I updated my 70D firmware to 1.1.2, and then I tried to install 70D.111A or 70D.111B on my SD Card, and It doesn't worked.
My serial number is 032021010449.
Have you noticed the same problem?

Walter Schulz

70D.111x -> "70D" names the cam, "111" the firmware you have to use with this build.
-> User error.

OlRivrRat

@LucasBaez

Go to NikFreaks Reply #2674 to Get the M'L'Build for 70D Firmware 112 ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

starbase64

@LucasBaez

same problem here, format sd card and retry. works for me

andy kh

I was hoping canon would enable 70D to use wifi in video mode with its new firware updates
5D Mark III - 70D

Renato70DB

Hello developers, I'm having a problem with the latest firmware and the latest after updating to 1.1.2, the errors are the same, so that uninstalled the Magic Lantern on my 70D, to start a film and then for it click the button the preview to see how the camera enters error having to turn it off with the removal of so battery so back to work again, and after reconnects it can see the filming carried out, but if you are shooting and stop to see what I filmed the machine to and enters error.

darkskies

Try QDslrDashboard with a Tplink mr3040 with the qDslrDashboard firmware put on it and then you can ....also save video straight to iPad I do and it is great .....

http://dslrdashboard.info/downloads/

https://youtu.be/Our-AxmrDJM

Then you need to update the firmware one more time ! Which is not in the video

http://dslrdashboard.info/tp-link-mr3040-firmware-upgrade/

camslide

I got an error with the new 112 test release:
QuoteASSERT: FALSE
at ./Memory/Memory.c:188, task ShootPreDevelop
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Oct05.70D112
Mercurial changeset   : cc5a27d4f833 (70D_merge_fw112) tip
Built on 2016-10-05 19:45:22 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 64K + 766K
70D.112

DeafEyeJedi

Would you care to elaborate on what were you doing exactly up to the point of this error?

camslide

I activated live-view and tried to take a picture. I got an Err 70.
active modules:adv_int, autoexpo, deflick, dot_tune, dual_iso, ettr(from older version), file_man, lua, mlv_play, mlv_rec, mlv_snd, pic_view, raw_rec, silent
I disabled all modules and  reset to defaults. Can't reproduce it anymore...
EDIT: OK, I can reproduce it. It seems to be the old ettr module that crashes the camera
70D.112