Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

Just installed Nightly.2016Sep03.70D111B & turned Cam' On, let it go through its short StartUp Routine,

Shut it down, Restarted > While in Stills Mode I looked through MLMenu Modules to see if there were any

changes, Closed MLMenu, Switched to LiveView, Switched Movie, Switched from "P" to Manual & the Cam

LockedUp & Showed this on Screen

Can't Add Attachments !!

Here are the Resulting Logs

Can't Add Attachments !!

Turned Cam Off & It Will Not Restart ~

How do I go about Adding Attachments ??

ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

OlRivrRat

OlRivrRat

nikfreak

doesn't work for me (error 404). You could use pastebin.com for inserting the contents of the log.

nikfreak

reverted the last update. better downgrade asap to beta-3c for the time being.

Cadkey

Hello,
Today, I can not access the link to download .
I have version 4a but I erased the 3c , I can not go back to the previous version.
70D.112

Bojo

Hi guys,

I have the following two bugs to report, maybe they'll help / someone could help me :D

I just installed ML and turned all the modules on. Went into video mode and after seeing video recording is fine, I tried taking a picture in video mode. I pressed the playback button at which point 'Err' appeared on the LCD panel on top of the camera. I couldn't switch it off and the SD card LED light was shining in a constant red. I had to take the battery off. Some scripts started loading when I switched it back on. From then on whenever I pressed the playback button to view my pictures and videos the same happened. I took the battery off and formatted the card in order to uninstall ML and install it again. I copied all the files before that though, there were 3 Chash text files. Is this a common issue that I can fix somehow, if not, I'll send whatever files are needed. A month ago the same thing happened when I installed ML. I'd be grateful if you could tell me a way to fix it as one can easily forget not to press the shutter button in video mode, and everything crashes. Thank you, and sorry if this has already been reported.

Second bug is that when I'm in video mode and press the trash button to go to the ML menu, sometimes the camera starts refocusing and the screen blinks for fractions of a second. Nothing too serious I think, but still thought I'd report it :)
70D.111A

nikfreak

yep, now download link has been fixed.

OlRivrRat

@All

My 70D Appears to be Quite Dead ~ Have gone through all the Typical Cam' Reviving scenarios & some NonTypical 1s ~ It's Dead ~

There is Probably No Way of Knowing if M'L' had anything to do with it's demise so for those who are easily panicked I say, Just take a Deep

Breath & Proceed with a Watchful Eye the way that your Cam is performing (as, of course, you should always do anyway)

Here's some recent Background ~ This is from a communication I had with Alex a couple of weeks ago ~

" My 70D has, for all intents & purposes, lost its ability to capture Video ~

I really have no idea what happened. Over the past couple of weeks I have Vid'd a couple of hours of a Jazz Concert,

(about 95GB) & about 2.5Hrs of interviews (about 17GB) without issue, as has been the history of this Cam for the past

2.5Yrs. Then while setting up for another interview on 11Aug it "LockedUp" in Vid'Mode very soon after the Vid' Start &

after Batt' Remove/Replace showed no signs of life, so I put it away & did the interview with My 5DM2. Afterwards I put

a Batt' in the 70D again & it LitUp & acted fine. On 12Aug I TimeLapsed the Perseids for about 5Hrs (355 30Sec Xposrs)

without issue. Then on 14Aug @ another interview it worked fine for about 20Min's & then went into LockUp again. This

time it would restart after Batt' R&R but would then Lock again after varying lengths of shooting. It will still do Stills in

both EVF & LiveView & will Rec Video but the length of time that it will Rec in Vid' is anywhere from a FewMin's to 26Mins

& the Vid is usually lost as the necessary End Of File doesn't get written. It is also getting warm to the touch during Vid's

which it has never done before, even when Vid'ing for 1.75Hrs NonStop. Our local Expert Cam'Repair says that it will need

a new main board. I did get some CrashLogs from it & if You would like to see if You can glean anything from them I can

send them to You. Thanks for Your interest. "

Alex did not reply so the CrashLogs were not sent. The 70D got Semi-Retired & was replaced with an 80D > Love It

But Miss not having all the M'L' Goodys.

nikfreak

Got your PM and I am verysad to hear your cam got problems. I initially thought it was related to yesterday's update which I released but now reading your story it looks like that yesterday's update is not to be blamed for it. Looks rather like the mysterious "lock up in video mode" you encountered has something to do with it. Til now I reverted yesterday's update.

OlRivrRat

@ NikFreak

Sorry I didn't fill You in on the Background Info last night. In light of the Fresh Update yesterday

I was trying to get info to You as Quickly as possible Just In Case there was a Connection. When I tried

to send additional info I got Stymied by the Silly "Only 5 Personal PMs Per Hour" Rule. It was Late, So I

went to bed.

Cadkey

Hello,
Does the Beta-4a is abandoned?
70D.112

mfenske

I really want ML to work on my 70D. The issue(s) I'm having are as follows:

-When in the menus it briefly flashes in to a different looking menu (sort of a teal colored one) having hit no buttons
-Trying to get focus peaking working I mess with the Digic Peaking menu and any setting other than the default causes the entire display to go greyish and have messed up white text
-Overlays don't seem to overlay
Photograpy Newbie with a Canon 70D 1.11A

paci

Hi, as active bulb / ramping focus on this. In version 2.3 was easy.

Hola, como se activa bulb/focus ramping en esta. En la version 2.3 era facil.

jbasch

Any projections when this might come out of Beta and be considered prod?  Sorry new to this and just want to make sure its ready before I attempt a first install on my 70D

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll Questions section

liquidribs

Good Evening everyone,

Well wishes from Singapore. I wish any kind soul can help me here with my issue..

I recently installed Magic Lantern on my 70D and it all worked OK. However the problem came when uninstalling.
I did not read the instructions to uninstall and did the most stupid thing possible, which was to format my ML card with the computer.

What happened next was very strange. It seemed to not detect magic lantern and worked fine for a few days until I decided to switch lenses in which suddenly I encountered  "update file cannot be found. Please check the memory card and reload the battery and try again.". This screen immediately shows up as soon as I used any SD card that did not have Magic Lantern inside, or if I turned on the camera without an SD card.

I immediately switched to my second SD card still with Magic Lantern and was able to operate the camera. However, when i clicked on "firmware update" to re-install magic lantern so as to properly uninstall, I encounter "MAIN_FIRMWARE flag is DISABLED! Please Contact ML developers for a fix."

Currently, I have done the following:

• I have re-downloaded the magic lantern firmware on a newly formatted card and tried to install with same error "MAIN_FIRMWARE flag is DISABLED! Please Contact ML developers for a fix."
  • I have tried to re-install the firmware with a existing ML card encountering same error "MAIN_FIRMWARE flag is DISABLED! Please Contact ML developers for a fix."
  • I have looked for a 70D 1.1.1 original firmware to flash with no avail.

Currently, I have only 1 SD card working on my 70D and I cannot switch cards without encountering "update file cannot be found". May I have any insights on how I can unbrick my camera without going down to the service center? Thank you guys in advance any help greatly*1million appreciated.

please see my Flickr link for the photo errors

https://flic.kr/p/MdXqWs
https://flic.kr/p/LQmisf
Thanks!

Cadkey

70D.112

Yul

Good morning everyone, my name is Alexander, I'm new to the forum, I apologize for my English incorrect, I write from Italy!
I bought a few months ago a Canon 70D, I found vertical banding problems, I read very positive things about ML and I think that could help me also useful to help with the banding problem, am I wrong?
I read here that the 70D is still a beta version that has some problems to be solved, say that you will succeed in the short to have a more stable version of ML for the 70D or have long periods!
Thank you for the work you are doing!  :)

nikfreak

wow missed afew posts in this topic. Guess due to topic / posting moderation.

@liquidribs: As far as I understand you got one sd card working. You need to compile ML on your own and do this:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=16040.msg170684#msg170684

lemme know if you need further assistance.

Walter Schulz

xzphoto

Banding problems often indicate a failing shutter assembly.  What's the shutter count on your 70D?

ShootMeAlready

Here is an article which discusses banding
http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/41874/what-causes-banding-noise
They suggest you should check multiple monitors, as to ensure its not your monitor.

High ISO can produce noise, which tends to be blocky and ugly. 
I have noticed banding with low light video shadows in raw, and that was random noise.
If you have dual ISO set, you should see horizontal banding. It needs to be processed by compatible app.
I have also seen very strange banding/noise  with video in 3X video, check out different displays.
If you change video fps you can also get a mess of noise. 
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

xzphoto

That's great info on banding for me as well. Thanks. If I saw it on my 70D I probably would've shipped it off to Canon. Now there would be a pause to look around at other possibilities.