Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlRivrRat

@ StarMaker5280

1stPost under "Installation Instructions:" > Big Bold Black letters > " Download latest release for 70D.111A / 70D.111B "
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

mlungu

Hi new here, so don't shoot me if this has been asked before. I have looked

Is headphone  and audio monitoring possible with magic lantern on the 70D and if so how? Would be a big plus for my own work if I can find out how to do this.   Again not trying to spam, just can't seem to find the relevant info?

OlRivrRat

@ MLungu

Simply Use the Search window above ~ Plug in " headphone " & You will get More than a Couple Dozen Hits,

Plug in " audio " & get More than a Couple Dozen Hits as well.

Simple answer is ~ No Headphones on Digic5 EOSs.

ORR ~ DeanB

tbrinegar

Hey friends, I've used Magic Lantern successfully on my 70D for almost a year. Recently, the camera froze and stopped working, presenting Error 70 and Error 80 messages. After a few hours at rest it would fire up again. Finally, it has stopped turning on. I fear I'm bricked.

I've used a variety of batteries and SD cards. I've let it set for several days. I've uninstalled and reinstalled ML on my SD card.

I'm not a coder. Any advice for next steps? Can Canon reset it if I send it in?

jeddo_drone

HI guys, is it possible to get 1080p @60fps? I am sure that the canon 70D is more than capable of this. There may be a add on feature or a future update, I don't know?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll Questions section

jeddo_drone

So you can't? Any one think it may be in final version of 70d ml? I am sure that the 70D can do much more frames.

rsmith02

How did you arrive at the conclusion that this would be possible on a 70D?

Walter Schulz

dmwizzard

Hi,

Can someone expand on why 'FPS override' was disabled for the 70D - It was a much used feature on my 550D.

Also, does anyone know if anyone is trying to get it to work again?

Cheers.

OlRivrRat

@WalterS

Oh come on now Walter, just ChillOut a Bit ~ When someone says " I'm sure of This or That " It's always Fun

to listen to them try to explain what caused them to become So Sure.

ORR ~ DeanB

jeddo_drone

HI guys, sorry for trolling the other day. I honestly did not know what trolling was and that there were troll questions in a list.
Anyway, enough about that and my apologies.

Now I think I have worked out how to monitor audio from 70D. It's all about using the right type of 3.5mm plugs. I was using a boom pole today and plugged my headphones directly into the 3.5mm socket/plug extension and turned on my mic. I could hear a clean audio directly from the mic through my headphones. I am going to test this tomorrow, but I think if I buy the right type of splitter (3 section plug) I can plug it into the camera then run headphones and mic in off of the splitter. Anyone think that this will work?

jeddo_drone

HI guys. I just tested it and it works!!! I can now get live audio viewing.

jeddo_drone

Hi guys. I noticed that it's not audio out from the camera buts it's directly from the mic. So I needed to turn my headphones volume up to hear it better. It's not going to be useful for setting audio on the camera but perfect for making sure that the mic is in the right place (especially with a shotgun mic). I have connected the mic on boom pole to a stereo splitter and then to the camera. I then hooked a headphones transmitter up to the second socket of the splitter (my headphone transmitter runs off of batteries). Now the camera operator (me) can supervise boom operator if needed, but the boom operator can throw on my second set of wireless headphones and we can both be monitoring the audio and where the boom operator places the mic. It's working great.

Gimmename

Hello, guys!

Can please enlighten me about raw recording with 70D. I have pretty fast card (Transcend Class 10) 40 Mb/s and benchmark shows ~32MB/s write and ~40MB/s read and I still get skipped frames after 9-10 seconds of recording.

Here's benchmark results:

In ML menu I see what I need 56.6 MB/s to record 1824x776, so it's pretty much imposibble with 30MB/s? But as far as I know 70D can't give you more than 40MB/s anyway. Even with faster card. So... It's impossible to record RAW in that resolution?

Canniballissimo

Gimmename, probably your 40 mb/s it's a fake. Do you tested this card on PC? I have Transcend class 10 x600 1 card and it writes at 38 mb/s

aedipuss

recording raw on any canon with just a uhs1 sdcard interface is not worth it.  not enough bandwidth to get a decent framesize.
canon 600d
canon 60d - Nightly.2016Apr17.60D111
canon 70d - 112

jmfoots

EDIT: Evidently the current release (as of 30-Aug-2016) does indeed do restart for H.264! I am leaving this post here to make it clear for other folks who come a-digging but don't get an answer.

===

Dear homies,

Please forgive me making a post for this. I've been digging around on this thread and everywhere else, and it seems like movie restart for the usual H.264 (or whatever the 70D records natively to) is not working at present despite the fix in mid-Nov of 2015. (I also don't know how to get a firmware file from the code branches, because I'm kind of not accustomed with coding management stuff like bitbucket/github)

All I want to do is hook up the AC adapter, start recording, and have a 1080/30 output (H264, raw, don't care, just something that doesn't require really tricky steps to mess with). Don't care about seamless recording - but movie restart is critical for what I do. I believe it is a B camera.

It appears someone pulled out an Oct28 (2015) nightly at one point that fixed it ( download link was https://www.dropbox.com/s/pv4a5r85j5dsd4o/magiclantern-Nightly.2015Oct28.70D111B.zip ) - but this file is no longer available on his dropbox.

If all I want is movie restart here with the 70D I have, what is my best route? The current download on the OP here does not seem to do it, but it sounds like people have gotten it done.

Many thanks to all you folk.
70D.111A

granan13

Hi,

I have encountered an issue with my 70D and ML. I was using it and it suddenly showed an error 80, turned off and since this moment I have not been able to power it on again.

I've got a log on the SD card :
ASSERT: FALSE
at ./ImagePlayer/ImagePlayer.c:2087, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Apr23.70D111A
Mercurial changeset   : 591ba5bf7c75 (70D-merge) tip
Built on 2016-04-23 19:23:06 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 225K + 1937K

I think it's important to precise that there was some files on the SD card that were not readable by the camera, such as two .prproj, at the time of the bug.

I've tried of course to remove the battery, the SD, wait for 24h... nothing seems to work, the led isn't even getting on when  i put a charged battery in the camera.

I come here to have a few advices before resigning myself to send it back to canon, even if the warranty time is over.

I will take any informations, thanks :)
70D -- 18-135 stm -- Sigma 18-35 F1,8 -- Super takumar 50mm F1,4

a1ex

Do you get this log every time you power off the camera, or you got it only once?

Can you run the display test?

Just in case, make sure you have an old copy of your ROM safe on your PC (if you don't, copy it from your card, from ML/LOGS). No need to send it to me now.

granan13

Thanks for your answer.
I had it only once, since switching between on and off mode hasn't any effect.

The SD card was formated since it happened. To run the display test I just have to put the auto ex.bin on the sd  card and insert it in the camera right ? I'm afraid it won't do anything since the camera led doesn't react anymore when I insert an SD card.
70D -- 18-135 stm -- Sigma 18-35 F1,8 -- Super takumar 50mm F1,4

a1ex

You need to make the card bootable.

joaberco

Hi guys.

Firstly, thanks for your work in ML.

I'm writting because i have the problem "Raw error, falling back to YUV overlays".

I did what a1ex explained: "Load raw_diag (first post), enable "Dump RAW Buffer" and "Optical Black Zones", disable all other analysis options", but a new message came: Set "image review" to "hold" from Canon menu.

What I have to do to use dual iso?

Thanks.

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

mfenske

So am I to understand that there's a new release of the software effective 9/3? I installed the 111A on my new(refurb) 70D and get some strange stuff happening-hoping that would fix it?
Photograpy Newbie with a Canon 70D 1.11A