Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan70

Any idea when the offical release for the 70d will come out?

dmilligan

Top of Page > User Guide > FAQ > Troll Questions

gene8522

I have tried everything to get the updated ML firmware for the EOS 70D to work on my camera. When I did get the 70D to install the firmware it is not at all stable. The viewfinder flicks back and forth between the original screen and the ML screen. When I start the video the viewfinder changes to the original screen and stays there. Plus there is no sound level on the viewfinder. I did not try much else because I was afraid I might start having other problems as well so I uninstalled.     

OlRivrRat

Anytime the 70D is in either LiveView or Movie Modes the M'L'Menu attempts to "TurnOff" after roughly 4Secs of Inactivity but the latest

build of M'L' has an "AutoMenuRestart" ability.

If You want VU Meters you need to Enable the "mlv_snd" Module under the Modules Tab. You need to "Scroll" through the Displays with the

InfoButton to get to the M'L' Screen.

Whenever M'L' is not doing what you think It Should Do, You need to consider that You May Be @ Fault ~ PilotError ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

UncleChip

DNG files not working

I have read everything I can find but still cant get PS or Lightroom to recognise my dng files

Is there a gui for windows that will convert my dng to something adobe friendly? tried the exiftools to change the meta but it hasn't made any difference,
using MLVMystic to extract the dng and this works great,

Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3c) Canon 5dMKII

Walter Schulz

Upload sample DNG somewhere and link it here.

UncleChip

Walter Schulz

And which workflow doesn't?
Please provide source file and converted DNG (= *not* working).

UncleChip

i have put up the mlv file and a few of the extracted dngs that dont work

UPDATE
changing the mettadata has now worked, i didnt understand how to change this properly, thought i has but hadnt, now i have they will open in ACR

gator81

I am sorry if I am not posting this correctly. I have a new grandson and sleep has evaded me lately.
I am new to the slr cameras and stumbled across this. I have had my 70d for 5 weeks now and I did install ml ok and when i downloaded all the modules and re started the camera it all seem to work fine.
I tried to take a quick pic with the default settings and had an error, the crash.log had this:
ASSERT: FALSE
at ./Memory/Memory.c:188, task CtrlSrv
lv:0 mode:3

Magic Lantern version : Nightly.2016Apr23.70D111A
Mercurial changeset   : 591ba5bf7c75 (70D-merge) tip
Built on 2016-04-23 19:23:06 UTC by ml@ml-VirtualBox.
Free Memory  : 64K + 779K

I also have a log000.log file if you would need that also.

again i am sorry if i have not done the research, I am old and tired.

I did uninstall for now and removed the files off my card but i have them backed up on my pc.

thank you for any help, or if there is any other info you need let me know

nikfreak

You probably got the LUA module enabled. Disable it.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

PFinnegan

Sorry if I am not doing this right but I'm not clear on the process for reporting issues.

Just thought I'd report a behavior I am seeing on my 70D when running ML (2016Apr23.70D111A). With ML installed and running, if I take a shot and then review it on the LCD, then press the MAGNIFY button, the image zooms in fully, rather than just magnifying to the next level. In order to zoom in only partially I have to hit the magnify button which zooms in full, then zoom out with the REDUCE button.

If I power down the camera, insert a non-ML SD card and then power the camera back up, the MAGNIFY and REDUCE buttons function normally.

If I power down the camera, re-insert the ML SD card and then power the camera back up, the MAGNIFY and REDUCE buttons again function improperly.

Hope this helps

nikfreak

not an issue. You rather "played" too much with the ML settings and enabled the feature "quick zoom" without understanding what it does.

janjan

Hi,
Is focus Stacking still disabled in the latest Ml release for the 70D?

grey

Issue: Magic Zoom does not work when I set it to ZoomIn(+) ?
Observation: In last build Electronic Level work very stable, but not rock solid as it work on my 6D.
70D 111A

jeffpiercemagic

So are there any apps on android that allow me to use my phone or tablet to watch the video liveview to monitor the audio?

Jeff

Marc_Petzold

Ok that was all was the community can do for the 70D. The most and beautiful photo applikations are left out.

A half live for the seventy D  :-[

The first Canon without full lantern extent.

pity deadly seventy D.

the beginning of the end from lantern? I hope that comes new Inspiration, for my other 70D users

Good by

and many thanks for the effort and hope for the users
last update Version B

nikfreak

Quote from: Marc_Petzold on June 24, 2016, 09:01:35 PM
Ok that was all was the community can do for the 70D. The most and beautiful photo applikations are left out.

A half live for the seventy D  :-[

The first Canon without full lantern extent.

pity deadly seventy D.

the beginning of the end from lantern? I hope that comes new Inspiration, for my other 70D users

Good by

and many thanks for the effort and hope for the users

Be my guest.
Welcome and feel free to do it better especially when dealing blindly with different firmware revisions on cams. I normally don't like quoting full posts but in your case you even missed pointing out what you miss and why you do so.

OlRivrRat

@JeffPierceMagic

I use DSLR Controller on a Nexus7 & it works Great ~

If You wish to discuss further, EMail Me @ ~  [email protected]  ~

ORR ~ DeanB

Marc_Petzold

hi nikfreak

thats not the question what i need. it´s a question what the other users need.

in the beginnings from magic lantern was this program a mix from photo and video apps. Thats min. two Groups.

today (with a Little bit Trouble) we have a great video program. hey thats a good Job for one of the two Groups.
Hey and thats what you do, are great. But what is with the boarder based Inspiration of Magic Lantern?

whats missing fun, time, money, collaboration, now how.

Thats all stuff that can you get it. But it is quiet, dead.
There is no requirement of ressources. One hears no reason.

The minimal requirment is that what the 60d does. thats athletic but it is a gate, goal what ever you mean.
Say what you want , and you get what you need.

That is what Magic Lantern makes, much people happy.

best regards
marc
last update Version B

dmilligan

Walter Schulz

@Marc_Petzold:
You got your premise wrong. In the beginning Trammell Hudson created ML for his 5D2 and he was a stills shooter at the time.
And a1ex is using ML on his cams mostly for photography. So am I. And others here, too. AFAIK g3gg0 isn't into video/movie either.

You got another thing wrong. There is a constant demand/lookout for other devs to take part in ML development. There has been cams cut off after no one showed up to maintain them: EOS M, 600D. And 1100D port is put on hold for about a year.

And there are technical reasons for some focus related features not working on 70D. As in 650D, 700D. Some issues may be solved, some are unlikely to be seen soon (or ever).

Your premise is invalid, your arguments are. Sorry, but you have just made a fool of yourself.

OlRivrRat

@ WalterS   &   @ MarcPetzoid

Walter, Me thinks You stopped a bit short ~ I'd have added ~> But I suspect that Making a Fool of Yourself is something that You Are Quite

accustomed to, as judging by Your Attitude & Comments, Making a Fool of Yourself is something that Appears to come Quite Easily for You !

ORR ~ DeanB

Marc_Petzold

I must learn to understand, why people are personally, when the headwind comes.Did i was in my contribution personally? Contrary. I have the use praised.
Maybe in detail was my contribution not so correctly Walter and OlRivrRat , but the message are clear. Many users are waiting. Waiting for a Report, Milestone not for a end product.

What´s next step. And what the Milestones.
last update Version B

Frarike

Quote from: Marc_Petzold on June 25, 2016, 01:21:57 PM
but the message are clear.

What you write is really not clear at all. You try to hard to sound important or whatever to get your point across but lack enough English writing skills to do so. Therefore everything you say is a collection of unfinished sentences that make no real sense.

Quote from: Marc_Petzold on June 24, 2016, 11:10:31 PM

The minimal requirment is that what the 60d does. thats athletic but it is a gate, goal what ever you mean.
Say what you want , and you get what you need.

Either way are you trying to say that there hasn't been a newer version in a while? If so this may be because you have missed the updated versions as you are still using Alpha 6 according to your signature.
70D.112