Quote from: joerg560 on May 16, 2016, 09:26:31 PM
Hi
Since the last update (23rd Apr 16: Beta-3c)70D.111A,
I have an error message.
"Raw error, falling back to YUV overlays"

Have you loaded modules?
70D.112

a1ex

@both: have you read the last few pages?

@Frarike: what module(s) did you have in mind for solving this error?

AndreRodrigues

Quote from: OlRivrRat on May 16, 2016, 05:38:38 PM
      @AndreRodrigues

1 of the Wizards here will hopefully answer Your question as to if it could ever be doable in M'L'. But in the meantime ~

You can make Limited Alterations to any of the Canon Supplied Pic'Styles Presets in the Canon Menu but you can't Rename them

so you need to Keep Notes or have a Good Memory.

ORR ~ DeanB

Thx man :D I was wondering if I can load more than 3 PP's to the camera :D

Quote from: dmilligan on May 16, 2016, 05:55:21 PM
Believe it or not, the search works pretty well:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7887.0
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=11033.0
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=1498.0

Sorry man! You're right, I should used the search. I always complain about people which don't do that, and I did the same now. Sorry.

And thx, that answer my question. Thx a lot.
Canon 70D + Sandisk 32GB Extreme 90MB/s SDHC 3 10 + Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens + Canon EF-S 55-250MM F/4-5.6 IS STM + Canon EF 50MM F/1.8 II

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Frarike

Don't judge me please on my stupidity?  ;)
70D.112

waxdes9703

Sorry for my impatience but I have to use my camera and for now i cannot.
I saw in your bitbucket post I can dump the serial flash but I don't know how can I put a module in the ML.
I see a C code but in ML only use lua.

nikfreak

Frarike did you also use lua when your problem appeared?

Frarike

Quote from: nikfreak on May 17, 2016, 02:29:41 PM
Frarike did you also use lua when your problem appeared?

No I turned it off after finding out it was causing err 70.
70D.112

DeafEyeJedi

Sorry guys as I'm usually late on updates and reporting such. After playing with Beta-3c / 23rd Apr on 70D.111B recently which all seems normal to me. The time-out ML menu fix seems to work but not perfect. Still better than nothing, right?

Also I notice the Shutter-Fine tune feature doesnt seem to respond to changes (will post video later) but since I haven't been playing with this one in awhile and remember that this may be 'normal' since it's already set in 1/48 on ML menu even with Canon menu showing 1/50, right?

Also I think I read it somewhere back in this thread that someone couldn't get clean HDMI out from this -- You can (kind of) with ML overlays enabled to always off or while recording. Then you can crop the footage in Post (may not be pretty but it's doable if exposed correctly) preferably shot in MLV RAW than H264 for obvious reasons.

I'll post screen flow from external monitor for you guys to see later on ... Also let me know if there any specifics re: ML that you would like for me to iron out on this toy?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

OlRivrRat

@D'E'Jedi

Sure glad you mentioned > "The time-out ML menu fix seems to work but not perfect" as I had no idea that that "Fix"

had been implemented. Sure Would Be Nice if a List of Changes would accompany New Builds.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Miguel Nova

Hello everyone. Im new to this forum and wanted to share something that seems wrong with my Canon 70D after installing Magic Lantern.

I have a Canon 70D and I installed the proper download to my camera. ML opens fine and works the way it should but when the ML menu is on the viewfinder the screen flickers non stop. I downloaded the first download and it said to try the other one which I did and like I said it works fine minor the flickering of the view finder.

Miguel Nova

I checked the forum and the only thing I could find was the ML timing out and going back to the normal view.  This does not happen to me, it only flickers on and off but it goes back to the ML menu.

Walter Schulz

You got it all wrong.
First: Thou shalt not mix versions for different firmware version. Format card in cardreader. Format card in cam. Redo installation steps for your firmware version. Do *not* (= never) replace ML files with files not made for your firmware version. You may risk permanent damage (worst case).
Second: 70D has troubles with vanishing screen (as described in first post of this thread). A workaround has been implemented lately causing the very effect you have mentioned.

nikfreak

OlRivrRat

@Miguel Nova

Prior to the 23Apr Build if you were in "LiveView" or "Movie" Modes & you were Accessing the M'L' Menu the

Menu would "Go Away" after about 4Sec's of Inactivity. It appears as though a 'Fix' for this was implemented with

the 23Apr Build & now the M'L' Menu Auto Redisplays after a Short Bit of "Overlay Stuttering". Is that what You are

experiencing or are Your "Screen Flickers" different from that?

ORR ~ DeanB

pjeff

Audionut

Quote from: pjeff on May 27, 2016, 01:59:19 PM
can you make new build ?

We can make new builds every couple of minutes, but since there would be no changes since the last build, it would be rather pointless........right!

Please read the last few F.A.Q's.

OlRivrRat

@PJeff

What AudioNut Said + Is there a Specific Reason that You Feel The Need for a New Build?

ORR ~ DeanB

condor11

I've been considering purchasing 70D and installing ML on it.
I understand there are issues with Autofocus on the 70D, picture may come out of focus when using ViewFinder.

Curious if MagicLantern addon helps to address this in any way.

Walter Schulz

redcloud3

Quote from: OlRivrRat on May 30, 2016, 06:00:41 PM
      @PJeff

What AudioNut Said + Is there a Specific Reason that You Feel The Need for a New Build?

ORR ~ DeanB
I am new here since a few months and totally flashed about the features of ML and I admire the work which is behind. I am checking this thread every (EVERY!) day if there is maybe an update for the 70D.
And if someone would ask me, I would say, I am looking so much forward to see the "Stack Focus" functionality is included.
Have a nice day :)

waxdes9703

I have a problem.
I installed the ML, I used 1-2 days and I uninstalled but now missing a lot of text from the original canon menu and anywhere.
Can you please someone help for me? Can somebody give me an original firmware what I can reinstall?

Walter Schulz

Quote from: waxdes9703 on June 03, 2016, 01:45:05 PMCan somebody give me an original firmware what I can reinstall?

No, Canon never published the first firmware version delivered with their DSLRs. You are already in contact with a1ex and have to be patient because he is occupied with other stuff right now.