Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eien

Now we just need the possibility to select the number of photos taken :)

kochfoto

Is there a wish list?  I would like to turn off the auto-orientation of the LDC.  Is that possible?
Thanks,

eien

For the moment you can just choose orientation in Display>Advanced Settings>Orientation.

kochfoto

Hi, I'm new here and wanted to know if anyone has worked on the auto-orientation of the LCD.  Not sure if it would be possible but I would like to keep the LCD from flipping the image and display when front facing or rotated.
Thanks,

kochfoto

Thanks eien, just saw your post.  I'm assuming this is in ML menu, is that right?

eien

wercide

Hi guys i'm having an issue with the REC-PicStyle function.
When i start recording, 95% of the time it doesn't switch picture style. (From neutral to Cinestyle)

If i go back to the menu, disable and then enable again the feature, it works.
Canon 70D.111A | Canon 600D.102
Canon 28mm f2.8 IS USM | Canon 50mm f1.8 | Tamron 18-200mm f3.5-5.6

spike

DOT Tune

Tried to MFA my lenses using dot tune addin, however, it just cycles through to +-100 and didnt find any setting out of focus. I ended up doing it manually.

Any ideas on getting it to work as didnt see this listed as not working.

thanks
canon 70d - Nightly.2015Dec22.70D111A

swardet

I installed yesterday the Dec22 111A. Two issues - HELP!!!

First. While recording RAW video, the display AND footage surged from a normal exposure to a VERY overexposed. This seemed quite odd.

Second. The AF+Tracking that I find extraordinarily useful did not work well while using ML. The camera was like a cheap Rebel and all it did was hunt for the subject.

nikfreak

noticed your first post already @swardet:
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg161710#msg161710

@spike: dottune needs some tries but once you are used to it then it will work most of the time. better read through the dottune thread to get more knowledge. I can recommend optimal ambient lighting for your first tries. It will work - I can confirm it myself.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

spike

@nikfreak Thanks for the info, found the reason for what it was doing. will try it out soon!

cheers
canon 70d - Nightly.2015Dec22.70D111A

ShootMeAlready

@swardet
"First. the display AND footage surged from a normal exposure to a VERY overexposed. This seemed quite odd."
- Probably you have ISO set to auto in ML.  Dont forget ML can override your Canon settings (trashcan - > Display ->General ->ISO then hit Q to change from auto).  Unfortunately the upper ISO limit in the Canon s/w does not work with ML, so A6400 can pop up.  What's your EC set to?  I generally never exceed 0 with H264, and often go a bit -ve.  I would also suggest zebras be used with some value like 99% to check for warnings.

" Second. The AF+Tracking that I find extraordinarily useful did not work well while using ML. The camera was like a cheap Rebel and all it did was hunt for the subject."
- You'll have to give more specifics for help.  Liveview or Viewfinder? What exposure mode (Av,TV,P,M)? what AF mode (Facial, Zone, Multi-Zone)? Movie servo must settings (on, priority 1/2)? Too often folks start blaming the camera when they havent got on top of the settings.   There is a low light limit, but I can tell you right now more than 50% of the time someone is using the Canon 50mm f1.8 II or older which should truly be used manual focus only in low light.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

dlisboa

Hi!
I've never used ML before and i'm very happy to know 70D support is being developed.
I wound like to use ML to automate the process of focus stacking, but as i understand the focus stacking feature is disabled on the current 70D beta.
I want to help developing ML for the 70D by testing and properly reporting bugs on this feature and other features as well! is that somehow possible?

Fernando Sandoval Mendes

Hey Guys...

I installed ML on my 70D but the program stays on for a while and then it goes back to Canon's standard operating system. Is there a fix for this problem? I installed it yesterday (15.02.16).

(Using a Sandisk Extreme 60mbps 32gb)

Any light on that occurrence?

Thanks.

Regards.

Fernando.

Walter Schulz

imkmf

Is there anyone successfully using Dual ISO with a 70D and then processing the photos on Mac? I've tried running cr2hdr with two .cr2s and get the following back:

> No camera model found with id 0x325

So it seems like the application fundamentally doesn't support the 70D. Any advice? Using cr2hdrapp v2.0, but had similar problems with the Lightroom plugin.

DeafEyeJedi

@imkmf - please try using MLP* on your Mac to spit out Dual ISO files for you with ease. It also uses the latest 20-bit cr2hdr which is what you want.

*Thanks @OlRivrRat (even tho it took me less than 2 seconds to find it within Google search of 'MLP Magic Lantern')
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

OlRivrRat

@DEJ & AnyOne else that might suggest a Tool or Process or Discussion or Such

It Might Be Nice, When making a Suggestion, to Post a Link to Said Tool or Process or Discussion or Such.

It just took Me the better part of an hour of Searching M'L's Website for MLP to finally stumble onto this Link ~

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13512.msg130562#msg130562

I found Lots of discussions about how Great it is & how to use it but almost no mention of Where to find it.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Frank7D

That's not a bad idea, but to be fair MLP is the second sticky in the Raw Video Postprocessing sub-forum.

OlRivrRat

@Frank7D

Knowing that would have saved a Bunch of time, for sure. I never got into that SubMenu as when I got into

the "Post-processing Workflow" menu & Searched for MLP only 4 discussions about MLPs Greatness show up so I

turned around & looked elsewhere.

Next ? ~ I downloaded MLP.zip, got into the Howto, completed Steps 1 & 2, then got stalled by Step3 as there

is no "MLP" to Doubleclick. There is a "MLP.workflow" ~ Is that what is Meant to be Doubleclicked ?

Follow these steps

1 - Download the  binaries and put them in Place_binaries_here folder
2 - Doubleclick the move_binaries.command to have them placed into the MLP workflow
3 - Doubleclick MLP to install the workflow. Done.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Danne

Feel free to ask away in the MLP thread. I,d be glad to help you out. But yes. MLP workflow is the one to double click. I don,t see extensions over here but I will update my description soon to lessen misunderstandings.

Frarike

First thanks a lot for work you've put in, focus peaking has been so useful. Sorry to be that guy but I was wondering about the other audio features, whats happening with them?

Thanks and sorry.
70D.112

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Frarike on February 19, 2016, 01:49:49 AM
Sorry to be that guy but I was wondering about the other audio features, whats happening with them?

Not restricted to 70D but same issue with all DiGiC 5 cameras: Not that much options until devs will dive in and solve the riddle. No schedule for that.

Marc_Petzold

Hi folk
Is still here. When comes the rest of the Applikations. For full version to the user cam's.

Cu
Marc
last update Version B

Walter Schulz

Top of page -> User Guide -> FAQ -> Troll Questions section