Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmilligan

DO NOT PUBLICLY POST ROM DUMPS!

That is Canon intellectual property. Keep them to yourself.

wuttan

I just installed ML 111A. When I´m in the menu in Live view it returns to Live view after about 5 seconds?! When not in Live view it´s no problem and it stays in the menu untill I go out from the menu. Is this a bug?

Thank you for awsome work you guy´s done for the Canon 70D.

wuttan

Walter, thanks. Sorry about that. I should have read that! thanks for your fast answer.

passegua

Why D70 ML is one year old?
Is there any newer build?
Many thanks.
--
EOS D70 1.1.1A

camslide

Quote from: passegua on February 05, 2016, 09:51:05 AM
Why D70 ML is one year old?
Is there any newer build?
Many thanks.
Latest build is 22nd dec 2015. Check the first post!
70D.112

eien

Hi guys.

I install the latest version of ML and the motion detection doesn't work. When I enabled it my camera start Liveview but there is no red square on the screen.

Any idea about this issue?

eien

eien

I don't understand. Some people said that s ok

Walter Schulz

Sorry, but I'm unable to compute your input.

Please rephrase. You may add your issue in your native language.

eien

French :
Dans la partie "Ne fonctionne pas" on ne parle que du problème d'overlay qui disparaît. Néanmoins dans la partie "Ce qui fonctionne" il y a marqué que la détection de mouvement devrait marcher. Certaines personnes ont l'air de dire que cela fonctionne pour eux.

English :
On the "non working" part you talk about the overlay problem of ML who disappears. But in the "working part" you talk about that motion detection should work. For certain users it appears that it could work

nikfreak

The "working part" doesn't contain such thing. You better read it again. If you were refering to trap focus then there's a hint in "not working part" that it only works in photo mode (not LV/MV)
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

eien

It's seems that some users are able to use motion detection only on exposure mode

nikfreak

ok point me a link to those users forum post so I can check what we are talking about.

eien

19th Jan.: Alpha1
Intervalometer, Trap Focus, Motion Detect should work now. Rebased on fullres-silent-pics branch (see source)

I try to find where users use it but I'm not sure it's on this forum. My bad sorry.

But normally into Alpha1 it should work. Anyone try it? Otherwise I apologize to be inconvenient.

nikfreak

You are referring to a 1-year old build from January 2015 . Did you even try the latest build from 22th Dec.?

eien

Yes and it didn't work on both mode.

nikfreak

So first do what the 1st post instructs on top of its page: update your signature with your cam model.

Now I tried and rechecked on my cam. I have no problems with motion detect on my camera. Be it A / M mode with exp. / frame diff. / steady hands option...
Unless you prove me wrong I need to count this as a false report or user error. You might want to reset ML settings and retry though

Walter Schulz

I think he used "exposure mode" and meant "liveview".
@eien: Please use english and french in your post. Some of your translated terms doesn't make much sense, I'm afraid.
EDIT: And I suppose he has troubles with the concept of removing/disabling features during development.

eien

70D111A. I'm in M mode. When I enabled it a green dot show up after press the trigger to go into Liveview and nothing. Firmware version 1.1.1 (for 70D's canon firmware)

eien

I try with Iceman just for test. Nothing too.

nikfreak

Sorry can't reproduce it on my cam. Can you reset canon settings and retry? There has to be a frame (white box) in the center of your lcd and there will be text printed on upper left screen of lcd. I cannot find both in your posted video. Also please use the latest build. Afterwards report back if it worked.

eien

It's work! Thank you so much. After resetting all is ok. It's weird because I try to find what parameter broke ML and I put all my all parameters and it's still work. So now I know that after installing a reset is needed. Thank again