Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

@camslide: I will look into it at a later time. Seen this bug report now 2nd time.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

camslide

Quote from: nikfreak on January 25, 2016, 06:35:47 PM
@camslide: I will look into it at a later time. Seen this bug report now 2nd time.
Thanks!
70D.112

prsla

Hello, I install ml on my 70d and after some days i was freezing and show me error 70. I change the card and format, then i make some 100 photos, camera freeze and won't turn on. Light near card don't work, camera won't turn on.
What to do?
Thanks

aedipuss

prsla - have you tried a different battery? 
canon 600d
canon 60d - Nightly.2016Apr17.60D111
canon 70d - 112

prsla

Yes, i have 3 batteries , also on Canon 6d all works without problem

camslide

FYI: Todays Lightroom update solved the DNG issue.
70D.112

aedipuss

psrla - try it with a fresh battery and no card/door closed.  does it boot?  then battery and a known good card formatted outside the camera.
canon 600d
canon 70d - 112

prsla

No, its not boot. light near sd card don't flashes

aedipuss

prsla - take the card out of the camera and close the slot door.  open the lcd screen so you can see it.  turn on the camera and it should say no card and boot.
canon 600d
canon 70d - 112

prsla

aedipuss

contact canon.  it might be the problem some others have reported with 70d models.  there is a battery connector inside that can break.
canon 600d
canon 70d - 112

jprovidenza

I'm new to the forum and ML, so excuse me if this is not specific enough.  I've downloaded the latest version
to experiment with ETTR and I notice that in general,...

the 'set' button is extremely sensitive, almost glitchy.  It's as if it needs debounced.

This is not specific to ETTR, it applies to all menu items I've been trying.

The normal Canon menu items do not show this.

Thanks for the amazing software!

John P

Canon 70D.111A

passegua

I need monitoring audio when recording video, I don't find any tutorial about this feature.

Is it possible monitoring audio while recording with EOD 70D? How?

Many thanks.
--
EOS D70 1.1.1A

passegua

Thanks, so I understand there is no way to monitor audio while recording on 70D?

Btw I installed ML on my 1.1.1A and all seems work properly but the ML screen stays on for only about 10 seconds then it shut off and the canon menu display comes up.

Then I have to push the trash can button again in order to view ML display again.
--
EOS D70 1.1.1A

Jjayradd

After clicking the "don't click me" button my 70d is bricked. I use taken the battery out but it still won't turn on.

Please help someone!!

Walter Schulz

Load battery, remove card, insert battery. Startup cam. Results?

Jjayradd

Walter Schulz

Delete autoexec.bin, ML directory and *.FIR from card and copy extracted latest build contents over. Then run firmware upgrade and your issue is fixed.

prsla

I try now that, camera doesn't start. Led near SD not flashes, display not working
Other solutions?

Walter Schulz

EDIT: Post was directed to Jjayradd and advice was not intended to be used by you

ShootMeAlready

Audio should monitor using the stereo bars (red/green peaks) when recording for unexpected spikes
or drop outs.
If you do a proper sound check & balance your mics that's
all that is needed to handle max. volume and min. noise.
You could add compressor/limiters in the live recording if spiking was really an unknowable factor.

As the live recording happens at the same time as the recording,
one person can not differentiate just by listening. There is very little to be gained (pun intended)
by having live audio headphone monitoring during recording.
However as I recall on playback you can hear the sound and I think review the bars.
Only on playback can you sound check.

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

OlRivrRat

@Walter Schulz

Maybe You Should take the trouble to Identify to Whom You are Replying.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

swardet

@nikfreak
I installed yesterday for first time and a llllooonnngggg time technology aficionado.

I installed the 111A, as the B version wasn't compatible.

Two issues which caused me to uninstall.
First. While recording RAW video, the display AND footage surged from a normal exposure to a VERY overexposed. This seemed quite odd.
Second. The AF+Tracking that I find extraordinarily useful did not work well while using ML. The camera was like a cheap Rebel and all it did was hunt for the subject.

If you have a fix for these two problems, please let me know and I'd be happy to try again.

btw, i have the two ROM0/1.BIN files from when installing. Looked for how to attach to this message and couldn't find attachment option. Let me know if these would be valuable and I'll get ''em to you somehow.