Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

Just to be sure: Prefs tab -> Config files -> Restore ML defaults
Restart cam.

bombobrudi

also not working... I had several problems with the normal overlay coming up here and there in front of ML overlay... very annoying. But now not even a ML overlay anymore.
Canon 70D (70D.111A)

Walter Schulz

@nikfreak: Any idea what is going on with bombobrudi's installation?

bombobrudi

Can I supply any log file or something like this?
Canon 70D (70D.111A)

Thobias

According to Eric Chan (Camera Raw Engineer) problem with importing DNG files to Adobe products that contain meta-data from EOS 70D will be fixed soon!
Source: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/canon-70d-corrupted-exif-data-of-dng-files

That mean we will be able to use MLV and post-edit DNG footages directly in Adobe products. Wonderful!
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit

JohnnyG_71

Quote from: Thobias on November 19, 2015, 10:25:37 PM
According to Eric Chan (Camera Raw Engineer) problem with importing DNG files to Adobe products that contain meta-data from EOS 70D will be fixed soon!
Source: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/canon-70d-corrupted-exif-data-of-dng-files

That mean we will be able to use MLV and post-edit DNG footages directly in Adobe products. Wonderful!
I'd like to give a big shout-out to Thobias for bringing the issue to Adobe's attention, rather than just complaining about how terrible Adobe is for not fixing something that they weren't aware of. 

Cheers to you, Thobias!!!
Canon 70D (70D.111B). Canon: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. Sigma: 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM C, 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM A, 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Circular Fisheye. Samyang 16mm f/2 ED AS UMC CS.

Thobias

Quote from: JohnnyG_71 on November 19, 2015, 10:44:44 PM
I'd like to give a big shout-out to Thobias for bringing the issue to Adobe's attention, rather than just complaining about how terrible Adobe is for not fixing something that they weren't aware of. 

Cheers to you, Thobias!!!
You're welcome! It mean also a lot for me, so I know that just complaining usually not works ;)
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit

starbase64

@bombobrudi

overlay works fine here

DeafEyeJedi

Maybe Beta-2 has the Default Global Draw to OFF --  try enabling that back to ON and report back.

I just tried and it looks fine on my end.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

nikfreak

Quote from: Walter Schulz on November 19, 2015, 09:59:15 PM
@nikfreak: Any idea what is going on with bombobrudi's installation?

Sounds like pressing info button several times could solve his problem or Global Draw is completely turned off.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

laci.szebeni

Quote from: nikfreak on November 20, 2015, 07:39:30 AM
Sounds like pressing info button several times could solve his problem or Global Draw is completely turned off.
His symptoms could be replicated by first cycling the Info button to a screen without ml, and then enabling exposure presets changed by the info button..

Walter Schulz

Thanks for input. But this setting will just disable any screen change in LV and it will disappear after restoring ML defaults.
@bombobrudi: Are you able to switch screens in LV at all?

bombobrudi

Thanks all for your feedback.
Global Draw is enabled. After 50 info button rotations still no overlay :(

The funny thing is, that now also other (older) ML version don't give me any overlay.
I can open up the ML settings screen but in live view I always ONLY have the canon default overlays :(((
I can cycle the normal canon overlays.

Possible that I bricked the cam in any way?
I will do another test later.

edit: also disabled global draw, saved it and restarted cam, enabled it again and restart. also not working.
Canon 70D (70D.111A)

nikfreak

Reset cam settings and also additionally Cfn settings. I am sure something's interfering. No need to call it a brick. Ml extends your cam capabilities. If you only got canon defaults it's default by any means

aedipuss

i'd start over. low level format the sd card in the camera(erase ml).  extract the ml zip onto it. use the update firmware steps.
canon 600d
canon 60d - Nightly.2016Apr17.60D111
canon 70d - 112

TechnoPilot

Quote from: aedipuss on November 20, 2015, 05:02:13 PM
i'd start over. low level format the sd card in the camera(erase ml).  extract the ml zip onto it. use the update firmware steps.
Agreed, I suggest you just start from scratch with the ML install, see if that fixes the issue!
Cameras: Canon 70D - 70D.111B (Beta 2B)
Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm F1.8, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 II
Video Gear: Shure Lenshopper VP83F, Rode Filmmaker Kit, DSLR Controller w/ TPLink MR3040

TechnoPilot

BTW guys, I've been doing some professional shoots with this Beta 2 build on my B firmware 70D and have run into an issue that I could swear we fixed back a number of Alphas ago.

My shooting has been photography all this week and while going to review photos and punch in to check sharpness using the +/- buttons, everytime one press is taking me to full zoom and not stepping in.  I thought it might be because I had Magic Zoom enabled for my video work, but disabling this had no effect, same of course but tried, global draw.  I'm a little stumped because along with this, when using the punch in button instead of pinching with the touch screen, it also locked up touch functionality again at random (only when using the +/- key for photo review) which is something I also thought we solved a little while back.

Any recommendations Nikfreak or what you need from me to debug, let me know!
Cameras: Canon 70D - 70D.111B (Beta 2B)
Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm F1.8, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 II
Video Gear: Shure Lenshopper VP83F, Rode Filmmaker Kit, DSLR Controller w/ TPLink MR3040

nikfreak

Sounds interesting. never had such a report for a long time. I remember people having the touch screen being stuck in early Alphas, too. I will try to replicate what you described these days but don't have immediately an idea what could have caused it to appear (again?). Maybe you could also try to replicate and see if any of the image review setting is the root of your issue...

deddo

Hi guys!

as i never install any of magic lantern plugin in my 70D before. Can anyone suggest me which one should i go for "70D.111A" or "70D.111B"

Thanks so much

DeafEyeJedi

Try A and if it doesn't work then Try B.

Upon installation it'll tell you which version you have.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

OlRivrRat

@ TechnoPilot & NikFreak

Checked & found same Issue/Feature here ~ but it seems to be Controlled by "Prefs" ~ "Image Review Settings" ~ "QuickZoom"
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

nikfreak

QuoteImage Review
CanonMnu:Hold→PLAY: if you set Image Review: Hold in Canon menu, it will go to PLAY mode instead. This allows you to zoom in as soon as you take the picture (without having to press PLAY...

Can you check if bug also happens with the setting above plz?

OlRivrRat

@ NikFreak

Seems to produce same result. But ~ As it is controllable with "ML Menu" ~ "Prefs" ~ "Image Review Settings" ~ "QuickZoom",

I'm seeing It as a Rather Nice "Feature", Rather than a Bug.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

mercator

Hi,
Perhaps I am missing something here ... but how do I set Dual ISO?
Thanks a lot,
M

bombobrudi

hey ho :)
thanks for all your advices... I've reset my cam, did not work, reset cn functions, did not work.
Formatted card, nothing.
Then, after trying out every single option, after enabling red eye reduction it worked again! oO
I could disable it again and it still works for me... Maybe it's just by accident, but it works!!! :))))

Thanks for all your help.
Canon 70D (70D.111A)