Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeroDeh

Hi guys!
Sorry to bother you with those kind of newbie questions, but i've got a problem since i've reinstalled ML on my 70D, and i can't solve it or find any solution online.
The problem is pretty simple: whenever i select the 1080-24fps mode from the canon menu, the shutter value flickers a little bit (-/+1 value) and i cannot set any intermediate shutter value (like 1/48 for instance).
Yesterday, before i reinstalled the firmware, everything worked fine, i could manage every value in the right way, without any difficulties.
I spent the whole morning trying to figure out a solution, and, since i can't solve it, i guess i could use some help.
Thanks in advance for any help given!
Canon 70D (70D.111B)  | Canon 50mm 1.4

DeafEyeJedi

Try resetting ML settings and try again?

Or perhaps try using Shutter Fine Tune to get the exact shutter to 1/48th from 1/50th (if that's what you're trying to do?) otherwise I don't understand your issue to be honest.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

JohnnyG_71

Quote from: dmilligan on October 22, 2015, 01:45:44 PM
If you ask me, this is really a problem with Adobe's software (it fails on perfectly valid input) and they should fix it. What good are 'open standards' like DNG if even the company that made the standard fails to implement it correctly. Of course the probability that Adobe would fix something like this are slim to none.

Just out of curiosity, how many people here have actually contacted Adobe to report this issue?  Honestly, they can't fix that which they don't know is a global issue.  I'm just as bad about this as the next guy/gal, but if we don't all report it, we really have no place complaining about Adobe's customer service and development model.  And if only one person reports this bug, it won't even register to them.  It has to be seen that it is affecting multiple customers.

That being said, let's all go and report it now, so we can be part of the solution. :)
Canon 70D (70D.111B). Canon: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. Sigma: 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM C, 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM A, 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Circular Fisheye. Samyang 16mm f/2 ED AS UMC CS.

HeroDeh

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on October 22, 2015, 04:11:45 PM
Try resetting ML settings and try again?

Or perhaps try using Shutter Fine Tune to get the exact shutter to 1/48th from 1/50th (if that's what you're trying to do?) otherwise I don't understand your issue to be honest.

I'd make a video, but my phone camera quality isn't good enough to understand what's going on the 70D screen, so i'll try to explain it in a better way.
Whenever i select the 1080-24fps mode to record, in the ML exposition menu, the shutter value changes (for instance, if the shutter speed is set to 1/50, it costantly changes between the 49.99-50.04 range) without me doing nothing, and i can't select a limited range of values (i can't choose to put the shutter speed to 1/48 nor 1/45, and if i lower step from 1/50 is 1/42).
Yesterday, before reinstalling ML, everything worked fine; the shutter speed was stable, and i could choose between every value i needed to.

I tried to reload every module, to install ML again, and to format the SD, but the problem still persists.
I hope i've been clearer about explaining the issue.
Canon 70D (70D.111B)  | Canon 50mm 1.4

Walter Schulz

ML installation does change the camera's bootflag and not much more. If there is no ML enabled card inserted camera will startup plain vanilla Canon code.

You can change any ML enabled card to "plain vanilla" by formatting it using a cardreader.

If you want to remove cam's bootflag, too: Run ML installation once again and wait for timeout to remove cam's flag and card's boot ability.

Thobias

Quote from: JohnnyG_71 on October 22, 2015, 04:37:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many people here have actually contacted Adobe to report this issue?  Honestly, they can't fix that which they don't know is a global issue.  I'm just as bad about this as the next guy/gal, but if we don't all report it, we really have no place complaining about Adobe's customer service and development model.  And if only one person reports this bug, it won't even register to them.  It has to be seen that it is affecting multiple customers.

That being said, let's all go and report it now, so we can be part of the solution. :)
I'll report this "bug" to support soon.
Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit

carlos787

Hey guys just wanted to share a video from my last trip. They are NOT great takes but I enjoyed grading it. Let me know what you think about the colors.
https://youtu.be/JAhVKLZeKXc

Tomax

Hallo Nikfreak!

Thanks for your incredible work so far!
Really nice thing to use on my 70D.

Will there be a Beta or any development in the next time?

Thomas

Thobias

Canon 70D (ML 70D.111A - Beta-3) | Canon: 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM, 50mm f/1.8 STM, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 STM | FD 35mm f/2.8, FD 50mm f/1.8, FD 135mm f/3.5, Soligor: FD 28mm f/2.8 | old Canon flash Speedlite 299T | Windows 10 64bit

JohnnyG_71

Quote from: Thobias on October 23, 2015, 01:42:31 PM
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/canon-70d-corrupted-exif-data-of-dng-files?rfm=1

There is report. Please, support me and help solve this problem. Thanks.

Excellent work Thobias. 

@dmilligan  - can you and maybe others with more experience with this, click that link and contribute to the conversation to maybe help resolve this?

Fingers crossed! :)
Canon 70D (70D.111B). Canon: EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. Sigma: 150-600mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM C, 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM A, 4.5mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Circular Fisheye. Samyang 16mm f/2 ED AS UMC CS.

nakoda

Hi, all!!
Someone has release Alpha 7A? Where can I download? Particularly preferably 8th August: Alpha-7a2

OlRivrRat

Nakoda

Curious as to why you would want Alpha 7A2 8Aug as opposed to Alpha 7B Iceman 15aug which is available in 1st Post.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Thobias

I've tested RAW and old Cenon FD 35mm f/2.8 for very first time. Just trying to get into work-flow and possibilities of this camera. Pro/cons of RAW and default h.264 are very specific, especially in post.

DavidRuben

Given this beta been available since January and had at least 9 months gestation since, when is it likely to be listed at main download page https://builds.magiclantern.fm/#/ (or at least have a link to this thread that others might discover the joys of ML for their 70D) ? I had previously seen a youtube video about the port being in progress and had vainly waited for it to appear on ML's main page until stumbled upon this post after a Google search.

DeafEyeJedi

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda be out into the Nightlies by the Holidays, if not next year.

Either way it stills works just as good.

Have you even tried?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Walter Schulz

@DavidRuben: ML project/ports don't have or give time lines. See FAQ -> Troll Questions section.

maxexcloo

Any chance of an updated build for the 70D with the movie restart patch? As I recall the last build still has the issue on my model.
Thanks for all the amazing work, love it!

Thobias

Any chance to get in future possibility to change h.264 bitrate?

nakoda

OlRivrRat!!!
it's all because: in Alpha 7B Iceman 15aug:
Disable buggy focus features: Follow Focus, Focus Stacking, Rack Focus. [Trap focus is still there]
Disable non-working HDR Video and Gradual Exposure
Disable non-working Dual Iso support in movie mode

and

8th August: Alpha-7a2

FPS-Override: You can slightly increase FPS now (results differ in PAL/NTSC and you should check 24p /30p / zoom modes, too)

that is, for me, saved all the most important and necessary functions

mbeck

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the hard work! Great stuff.

A few questions about Clean HDMI out.

I am trying to use my 70D to capture to my Mac Via a Blackmagic Intensity Thunderbolt capture card.

It works, but I wonder if I can adjust the output at all.

I am getting a clean feed out of the camera, but the image is squeezed, and Interlaced.
Is there any way to get the image to fill the screen and not be squeezed? Can I change to 1080p or 720p?

Thanks!

pacoloco

hi everyone. I just discovered your forum...I installed ML last night and I like it a lot. I intend to use my 70D as a B camera to my C100 mk2. I read the entire 76 pages-promise, but I couldn't find anything on how to disable AF while using ML. I used AF a lot for video but I also like disabling it temporarily with a touch on the LCD screen so that once I capture focus it doesn't drift...and then re-enabling AF when needed...what button will do this while using ML? I can still choose where focus is on the screen by touching the LCD-that fine but I didn't see a way to disabling AF with a touch or a button. Sorry if I missed this in the middle of the 76 pages here.
thanks and amazing work...the intervalometer makes it easier to use now-I always forget to bring along the external intervalometer!
sincerely
Erick

OlRivrRat

Paco

Assuming you are meaning in MovieMode with ServoAF Enabled ~ Scroll Via the Info Button to any Display other than the ML Display & use

the AF On/Off as you would if you did not have ML Loaded. Otherwise, via the Custom Functions you can Dedicate the Button of Your Choice to be

an AF Lock Button.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

pacoloco

OMG! of course...the info button... :o that's exactly what I forgot...
thanks...amazing what brilliant minds can do when they get together...on a forum!

E