Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Schulz

There is no HDR module!
And there is no gradual exposure module!

Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin from card. Copy extracted nightly build contents to card. Retry and report.

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

pontius

Quote from: nikfreak on August 24, 2015, 11:35:08 AM
Open your eyes:
I tried but with no success, still no HDR option in movie menu or modules list :)
70D.111B

Walter Schulz

Delete ML directory and Autoexec.bin from card. Copy extracted nightly build contents to card. Retry and report.

pontius

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 24, 2015, 11:54:00 AM
A-ha! That's why there were no HDR. I had beta-1 compiled 8AM @ Aug22 and this which is on first site now is compiled 11PM @ Aug22. I should have guessed there can be newer builds with same name and version. But thanks for noticing, now it works.
70D.111B

nikfreak

No need to guess as it was definitely announced:
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg153241#msg153241

You might have simply missed it.

Quote from: Walter Schulz on August 22, 2015, 10:46:41 PM
@nikfreak: "What's not working" needs adjustment:
"HDR video is completely disabled"
Done! thx.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

aedipuss

@pontius - i'd try again.  format the card in the camera choosing the delete ML option.  then copy the ML files on the card and update the firmware and reboot.  you shouldn't need to turn any modules on but you do need to turn on exposure override or turn off auto exposure for it to work.
canon 600d
canon 60d - Nightly.2016Apr17.60D111
canon 70d - 112

offshore

Hello everyone! Thanks to nikfreak for the great work done, I am trying some features of ML for photos, I put the last of 22 August, the version 111B .... last night I wanted to do a time lapse at the night sky and I set intervalometer ..... has three chances to start, 1: automatic, 2: half-pressing the shutter button, 3: taking the first photo ..... well, set the shooting parameters, if start automatically at the end of the program does not go out from intervalometer function and begins to take many pictures quickly .... if you set starting at the first shoot, after the first, makes no more, identical thing if you half-press the shutter .... and to get out of this problem, is necessary to remove the battery ..... someone happened the same ??? tnx!

-intervallometer: not work fine
-dual iso : work ok

other... after! :)

(PS sorry for my english.... St.Google help me!)
Canon EOS 70D Firm 1.1.2 Canon 70/300 Canon 17/85 Sigma 17/50 Sigma 10/20
ML Beta 4A

Walter Schulz

Please provide camera settings for your failed intervalometer session.

offshore

my setting camera:
sigma 10-20mm @ 14mm
f7
manual mode
iso 1000
time 15 sec
raw
no AF

intervallometer:
take a pic every 45s
start trigger leave menu
start after 5 sec
stop after 800 shots
manual focus ramp off

ML Beta 4A

Walter Schulz

Retry please.
Leave ML menu using Trashcan button. Counter should be seen inside Canon menu. And you can stop intervalometer by pressing Play button anytime.

offshore

I tried, I have put photos as evidence 10, and as the start I chose half shutter. when it starts to take pictures, the upper display shows me always 999 (empty card) and pressing play will stop but I'm not re-enter the menu ML .... I have to remove the battery! I try to reinstall ML, formatting from the mac, the card .... and then talking about!
ML Beta 4A

Walter Schulz

(999) doesn't say "empty card" but is Canon's way to tell there is enough card memory to store 999 or more pics based on estimated file size.
Are you able to access and browse Canon menu after stopping intervalometer?

offshore

Unfortunately not .... I have to disconnect the battery to to take back control of the camera ....
ML Beta 4A

offshore

ML Beta 4A

Walter Schulz

OlRivrRat

@OffShore & AWIMC

Just tried ML Intervalometer on My 70D+ML B1 2015Aug22.70D111B & Was Successful.

My setup

Canon 18-200mm @ 18mm
manual mode
ISO 1250
f7.1
time 15 sec
Raw+JPG
no AF

intervallometer:
take a pic every 15s ~ Sorry, didn't want to wait so long
start trigger leave menu
start after 5 sec
stop after 4 shots ~ Sorry, didn't want to waste 800Shutters & all that time
manual focus ramp off
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

offshore

I have downloaded the firm re 111B for the second time and I remade it all over again, I think the previous downolad not been successful because remaking it all over again has gone everything in place! maybe my adsl line was bad and perhaps caused some mistake ... I do not know .... I uninstalled before the boot flag ML from my camera, and then I reformatted with the mac the sd card and I remade as if for the first time and it seems to be everything in place. Now intervalometer works! tonight I try to remake the time lapse weather permitting ..... anyway thanks for the help and continuous testing ML.
Roberto.
ML Beta 4A

aedipuss

for windows people looking for a dual-iso cr2 to dng workflow that produces 70d dngs that photoshop can use, try this.

barracudaGUI - http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=9102.0

and the latest jenkins build of cr2hdr-20bit - https://builds.magiclantern.fm/jenkins/view/Other%20tasks/job/cr2hdr-20bit/

follow the barracudaGUI install instructions and your resulting DNGs will be usable.

now if i can just work out a way to set the dual iso manual exposures properly to get good HDR pics  :-)  so far i mostly overexpose everything....
canon 600d
canon 60d - Nightly.2016Apr17.60D111
canon 70d - 112

kaidian

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, great work to all concerned bringing Beta 1 to the 70d.

What is planned in the build for audio. At the moment there is no ML audio menu and the ML audio meters are showing much lower readings than the Canon meters. This can be seen especially in AGC mode where the Canon meters run high into the yellow (-12db) but the ML meters dont match this.

cosmopotter

Congratulations for all the hard work @nikfreak! Although I am a new contributor to this forum, I have been coming here since you first started work on the 70D project and have monitored the progress almost daily. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to contribute as I was too busy to mess around with my camera during the build. I had one of the first 70D's in Canada and have also been using ML on my 6D. Thanks also to @DeafEyeJedi and @walter_schulz who have been amazing contributors/testers, and of course @a1ex for the support from the beginning. I recently made a life change which has freed up some time for me, so as soon as I saw that you had reached beta phase, I decided it was time that I stop reading and start contributing. I have installed 70D.111B and am starting to go through it today.
70D.111B with BG-E14 Grip EF-S 18-135 IS STM, EF-S 55-250 IS STM, EF-S 11-22 USM.

6D 1.16ML EF24-105 f4, EF 70-300 IS USM and a bunch of other stuff.

wmhsiaoyi

Hi, I have some problem in RAW record.
I've tried to find the answer but english is hard for me Q_Q

1. why my resolution max is 1824x776
2. my SD card (Sandisk extreme pro) writing speed is 90mb/s, but when I use 1280x720 (34.8mb/s) still got "skip frames" message.
3. when I use MLV format, and convert it to DNG but all adobe's software can't recognize the format (MLV viewer is fine)

help me please Q_Q

70D.111B
70D.111B

Walter Schulz

Benchmark your card inside cam: Debug tab -> Benchmarks -> Card R/W benchmark (5 min). Press play button after starting benchmark.
Do you use ExFAT file system? And Global Draw switched off?

wmhsiaoyi

Benchmarks:
buffer 16384k=> W:38.1/R:38.0
buffer 15625k=> W:37.9/R:38.1
buffer 128k=> W:10.1/R:10.2

File System is exFAT and already turn off the global draws

Why Write/Read only 38MB/s? It speed up to 90mb/s when I use computer,  is my 70D's problem?
70D.111B

Walter Schulz

Use Photo mode and press Play button after starting benchmark. Benchmark mode will be "PLAY-[...]". If it's "PH-[...]" instead, you're using benchmark mode with some overhead.
There will be a file BENCHx.PPM written to card. Check it.

70D's card interface limit is about 41 MByte/s for write operation.
Card looks fine, though.