Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

Can't follow this bug posted here:
http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg151488#msg151488

Guess it should be clear that no function has to be assigned on CFN III to set button.
Neither CFN III is mis-set by autoexposure and ETTR nor do i seem to have a malfunction of both features. I would like someone to reproduce before I release a new test-build:

https://bitbucket.org/nikfreak/magic-lantern/pull-request/1/70d-merge-finalize/diff#comment-None

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

[email protected]

What about the "Trap Focus" feature?
I did use this fantastic feature with my old 60D, it's very useful with vintage lens.
Thanks and greate job!!!

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

Went to ~ https://bitbucket.org/nikfreak/magic-lantern/pull-request/1/70d-merge-finalize/diff#comment-None

& found this slightly puzzling comment ~

" 70D: disable electronic level / level indicator (freezes after ~1minute of use) "

I am currently running ~ " magiclantern-Nightly.2015Jul20.70D111B (NoSlurp) "  & My Electronic Level works quite

well for as long as I want it to in both Movie & StillsLV as long as I don't access the ML Menu. If ML Menu is accessed the

E'Level will be Frozen upon return to Movie or StillsLV.
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

nikfreak

@OlRivrRat: http://magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg145913#msg145913

can you check above link: Disable ML Overlays by pressing INFO button until you reach canon's electronic level. Leave that screen enabled for a while (~1-2min). Try to enable ML overlays again after that time by pressing INFO button. I was able to freeze the cam like this ON Canon's electronic level screen exactly one time out of several tries and have also found another discussion on other cam forum where it happened to a guy on Canon's screen (date he reported it was no ML available for 70D). Check also my comments below.Didn't know the hidden and facetracking stuff before:

https://bitbucket.org/nikfreak/magic-lantern/pull-request/1/70d-merge-finalize/diff#Lplatform/70D.111B/features.hT32

Problem is I wouldn*'t be in control of what users do: You cannot force them not to use the INFO button to disable ML overlays. Primary goal is to become official part of the nightly ML builds and therefore disable all bugs found if I am not able to fix them. That is my idea of avoiding unnecessary discussions at a later time. But you might try again like instructed above (someone else plz do so, too!!) and convince me to leave it enabled...

DeafEyeJedi

ML Leveler (NO_SLURP July 20 build):

AETTR (NO_SLURP July 20 build):

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

nikfreak

@DeafeyeJedi: thx for the vids. can you check electronic level like I instructed in my last post plz, too?

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

tryanbran

Walter Schulz

Show card's root directory contents.

tryanbran

http://i.imgur.com/A2HArez.png

Currently have these files on the SD card. I tried with both versions.

Walter Schulz

Looks good.
Format card in cam, insert card into cardreader and copy extracted nightly contents to card once again. Retry and report.
If it fails: Card type and size used?
Have you tried another card?

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

With Canon "Viewfinder level" 'Show' ~ Stepping through InfoScreens while in Movie or StillsLV Does Not produce

the Canon "Viewfinder level" in any of Canons Overlays but does render M'L's Level Frozen upon return to the M'L' OverLay

screen ~ The only time that Canons "Level" presents is if the cam' is in StillsEVF & I step to the "Level" Info Screen.

With Canon "Viewfinder level" 'Hide' ~ The Freezing of M'L's Level CEASES COMPLETELY ~ Eureka ~ Please Do Not

disable the M'L' Level as it is MUCH MORE Valuable than Canons in that it can be on display @ all times if One chooses to

have it.

OlRivrRat

@tryanbran

It may just be a Diff' between Mac & PC but it appears as though those files may be getting Modified while on your PC or during Copy to SD card. Try

Placing the .zip on the SD Card & then Unstuff & Move them from Folder to Root. Curious to see if the Modified Date UpDates or stays the Same as the

Creation Date as it does on My Mac -- & Also, Of Course, If it resolves your issue.

tryanbran

@OlRivrRat

Alright so I tried placing the zip file into the SD card and extracting it there, sadly the problem still shows up :(

OlRivrRat

@tryanbran

I'm beginin to think that you Might just Be Messin with Us as

Firmware update program

Update file

cannot be found.

Please check the memory

card and reload the

battery and try again.

Does Not seem to be normal Canon Warning ~

It Should read

Update camera firmware

Memory card containing

firmware is required to

update

tryanbran

@OlRivrRat

Rest assured, no one's messing with anyone haha.

That second message that you posted does show up when I put in the SD card without any Magic Lantern files on it and try to update. However, the first one shows up only if the files are on the SD card.

nikfreak

@tryanbran: when did you buy the cam? Does it show 1.1.1 as firmware version?

tryanbran

@nikfreak

I purchased the camera sometime in October-November 2013; I don't remember the exact date. And yeah the version number shows up as 1.1.1.

nikfreak

ok as dumb as it sounds but seems like user error. I re-tried the installer and it works. Try another card!

Walter Schulz

Just in case: Change both filenames to uppercase/lowercase and try again.
And sorry for the pun.

hardtmuth

Hi guys,

I'm only reading your thread and right now I don't use ML on my 70D. It's quite new, about 4 weeks, so I would like to use it w/o ML for few months and get most of it (I was using 1000d before).

I've noticed on forum that there are some flaws with right temperature read. Maybe it will be useful, but for each photo in exif data there is a one line named Camera Temperature which states what it names. I've checked few photos and it varies from 25 to 40 degrees Celsius. More on that I've tested what temperature is on photos after some movie recording and as I supposed - the temperature is higher.

Maybe this is the right way to make some look up table or conversion equation according to that exif data from photo and raw data red by ML from Canon?

I'm sorry if someone said about this feature, I've red all pages, but maybe I don't remember everything.

nikfreak

@hardtmuth: temperatures have been displayed wrong on earlier builds. Feature of displaying temperatures is still a WIP. Therefore I disabled that feature. We don't really suffer from temperature problems in terms of overheating until the cam shuts down or gets bricked. Most reports belonged to the wrong displayed temperatures or some placebos. Nothing to worry for 1st time users.

tryanbran

I don't wanna waste anymore of your guys' time so thank you so much for helping out! I'll be sure to update if it does ever end up working.

hardtmuth

@nikfreak: okey :). I hope that in a few months I'll start to use ML and do some tests.