Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

Perhaps try pressing the info button on your 70D to change the On Screen Display info until ML's OSD shows up on your LCD...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

patrick.m.mckenna

Yes I have tried that a dozen of times When I press info consecutive, it will briefly display DISP 0, DISP 1, DISP 2, DISP 3 in top left corner of the screen and then disappear.  What remains is just a rectangular box.

DeafEyeJedi

After turning on the modules the first time -- you turned off the camera and back on, right?

Walter Schulz

? Modules for zebras and focus peak?

DeafEyeJedi

I'm in bed and just waking up... My apologies for the typo and I'll leave this to you then.

Walter Schulz

Nah, take your time and some coffee.

OlRivrRat

@patrick.m.mckenn

Do you have GlobalDraw Turned On ?
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

DeafEyeJedi

Ha Thanks Walter but No coffee needed here. Good catch @OlRivrRat -- sounds like it could possibly be related to GlobalDraw's settings.

OlRivrRat

Lack of Knowledge here ~ Where does one do these sorts of changes ?

"turning on focus peaking in Display 2 and Display 3, and then setting it so it can run 4 display configuration."

&

My 70Db does not do this

"When I press info consecutive, it will briefly display DISP 0, DISP 1, DISP 2, DISP 3 in top left corner of the screen" 

Should it?

Never mind, I found it.

rayankh

I have a question - When I go to the menu and go to the audio settings, I only see MLV Sound. Are there other audio settings somewhere? How do I get the meters to show up on LiveView?

https://youtu.be/yo8IoJi1ZvI?t=137  - this guy's menu looks a lot different than mine. Yes it's a different camera, but he has many different audio settings. What am I missing?

patrick.m.mckenna

I installed all the modules except Arkanoid, which was great on the Mac back in the day but I doubt it's much fun playing on the camera.

I did turn the camera off and on after installing the modules. In fact, I turned the camera off multiple times since this is the first thing my company IT help desk tells me to do every time I call...even when I have forgotten my password. 

I do have Global Draw turned on, and I have also turned on focus peaking, zebras and histogram on all 4 display presets.

I have uninstalled it but I can reinstall it and take screenshots of the Global Draw page and the preset page if that would even help.

If it helps, I am using the Alpha6 A version. I just bought my camera 2 weeks ago in Dallas and the serial number starts with a 2 if that means anything to anybody.

Thanks for your patience and suggestions.

TX

Walter Schulz

I don't know what you mean by "installing modules". Did you mean setting all modules to ON?

OlRivrRat

@ patrick.m.mckenna

Try turning the LV Display Presets on the Perfs page to Off & then report what you see when Toggling through the info screens.

You might also want to give Alpha5 a try as maybe it has something to do with this

" Changelog (noteworthy ones only):
         31st May.: Alpha6
                 Removed all  focus and also fps features (see comments on butbucket for details) "

DeafEyeJedi

I've been told to stay with Alpha 5b until further update by @nikfreak.

OlRivrRat

A5b is the one that I am Most Comfortable with for now.

Guitarshredder1

patrick.m.mckenna

Walter. Yes. I turned the modules on.

Can anybody point me to the A5b download please? The only address I have for Magic Lantern for the 70D is the first post in this camera-specific forum. And the ML main page download link points to the forums.

Thanks

Patrick.

Davidl

Did someone have problems with the WLAN ? My smartphone will not connect with the 70D..

tuxfoto

Me too ....

PC over FritzBox is ok, Handy or Tab no connection.

joanmsoriano

hi, i have a 70D (W), last month i installed magiclantern-Nightly.2015Apr23.70D111B to test RAW video, it work fine in 2 sd cards.
i didn´t use the camera until today, when i turn it on the led doesn´t turn on, but the camera is on, all the rear buttons doesn´t work, only the top buttons, like AF, DRIVE, ISO, etc, i can see the top screen, i can change the dial, but i can´t shot nether change to video mode.
i install the last version on another SD card magiclantern-Nightly.2015May31.70D111B and nothing happens, i format one ofthe cards, and nothing, i put by mistake in one card the magiclantern-Nightly.2015May31.70D111A and the led work with a message of ML saying that ml can´t find that version of camera, so the led works.

i´m using sandisk extreme pro class 10 95mbs

Canon 70D (W)
sandisk extreme pro class 10 95mbs
Nightly.2015Apr23.70D111B

OlRivrRat

@JoanMSoriano

Have You tried Removing & Reinstalling the Battery

joanmsoriano

yes, i change the baterry, i try with 3 different batteries, i also notice that the sd card light turns on and keeps that way
Canon 70D (W)
sandisk extreme pro class 10 95mbs
Nightly.2015Apr23.70D111B

RAMAKANT

Hello guys! Pls excuse me if I am too dumb or too impatient to read! Thanks to the precise instructions on the first page of this forum, installing this May 31 version of ML on my 70D was quick & easy - without any hassles. (Frankly, I have NOT gone through anywhere else in this forum. I am even ignorant whether ML interface is simply identical or different for each of the Canon camera model!) As mentioned here somewhere, all that I did till now is to turn on all modules in the 'modules' menu. Photo-snapping has been quick and easy too. But when I tried to shoot a sample video, it failed to record even though the memory card is quite fast (Lexar 600X). When I turned the camera switch to video mode and pressed the start button, I got indication that the camera is going through a preparation stage and then a green icon told me that the recording did continue. However, after switching off the video-recording & looking for the play-back, I noticed that the video has failed to exist on the memory card. What is that I am missing or doing wrong? Is there a specific location in this forum - where it is possible to read ML instructions step-by-step - as applicable to 70D alone? Thanks in advance! 

ShootMeAlready

RAMAK

I notice for higher resolutions like 1728 or higher, that when you record a movie, then hit stop. 
You need to wait until the screen returns to normal, I think its finishing the write from the buffer.
This can take 3s or so.  When the screen normalizes, the hit image review arrow, and your movie will be built frame by frame for the
first play back.  If you dont wait for the screen to normalize, I notice the movie may be lost ...

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

OlRivrRat

@JoanMSoriano

Remove the Lens & see if it makes any difference.