Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootMeAlready

Well to get clean outs, one needs to erase the 0. The 7D has clean outs, the 70D crops the HDMI signal.
The 70D clean outs can be obtained using USB & EOS software on a desktop.
There is this hybrid solution involving DSLR controller app, android device, wireless network,  & chromecast. 
The hybrid solution is really just using USB & android apps.
There are other h/w threads to discuss this.

PS: 7DM2 or 5DM3 provides clean outputs for FHD, check out the atomos compatibility.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

rorysb

Hi all, Thank you so much Magic Lantern team for doing this. I have a question:

Is there ANY way Magic Lantern could make it so that wireless is NOT disabled while shooting video? That would be immensely helpful in that it would allow us to use tablets as beautiful WIRELESS 1920x1080 video monitors via DSLR controller.   

As it stands you need to plug in via usb and when using devices like gimbals that is a problem and throws off the balance.

Thanks for any replies.

ericdesign

Mallowsm

Quote from: ShootMeAlready on June 04, 2015, 02:30:11 AM
Well to get clean outs, one needs to erase the 0. The 7D has clean outs, the 70D crops the HDMI signal.
The 70D clean outs can be obtained using USB & EOS software on a desktop.
There is this hybrid solution involving DSLR controller app, android device, wireless network,  & chromecast. 
The hybrid solution is really just using USB & android apps.
There are other h/w threads to discuss this.

How do you mean erase the 0. How can the eos desktop app help me get clean uncompressed to the atomos ninja via a hdmi cable?

dmilligan

Quote from: Mallowsm on June 04, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
How do you mean erase the 0.
70D => 70D => 7D

in other words buy a different camera

Quote from: Mallowsm on June 04, 2015, 11:37:42 AM
How can the eos desktop app help me get clean uncompressed to the atomos ninja via a hdmi cable?
It can't. But you can record the USB video feed with an app (that's what he's suggesting). IDK what the quality or framerate of that will will be (probably not as good).

SPalarius

Good day to all .tell me this method is suitable for firmware 70 d - version (A)
for all grateful.
http://rghost.ru/39586677
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

nikfreak

no, not suitable. official ML is only available in english language
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

SPalarius

а может где есть такое что б закинул в прошивку и она сменила язык ???
или так тут нельзя.
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

OlRivrRat

@Bredy & @Devomk

A Response would be Nice ~ & Perhaps even Helpful to some of the rest of us ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

SPalarius

And now that the firmware for 70 d are not functions of HDR photography , I found with the change of braking but it's totally different and there 0 - ++ -++ what it is and how to use it , can anyone suggest .
for earlier thanks.

camslide

Quote from: SPalarius on June 05, 2015, 04:38:23 AM
And now that the firmware for 70 d are not functions of HDR photography , I found with the change of braking but it's totally different and there 0 - ++ -++ what it is and how to use it , can anyone suggest .
for earlier thanks.
As you can read in the menu the 0 - + -- ++ represents normal, dark, bright, even darker, even brighter exposed picture.
70D.112

Fatherjack57

Installed ML Alpha 6 the other day.  I noticed that the internal temperature isn't being shown as it was with Alpha 5b, although this isn't a big issue but the other problem I have found, is the exposure simulation won't turn off in the movie mode, although it turns off in photo mode OK.  Is there something I need to do?

TechnoPilot

Quote from: Fatherjack57 on June 05, 2015, 01:57:47 PM
Installed ML Alpha 6 the other day.  I noticed that the internal temperature isn't being shown as it was with Alpha 5b, although this isn't a big issue but the other problem I have found, is the exposure simulation won't turn off in the movie mode, although it turns off in photo mode OK.  Is there something I need to do?
@Fatherjacks57 - Internal temperature display was disabled in code since 5b, and will be until nitfreak can sort out the temperature discrepancy that existed.

Exposure simulation on the other hand sounds like a bug.  I'll crosscheck this on my camera...
Cameras: Canon 70D - 70D.111B (Beta 2B)
Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm F1.8, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 II
Video Gear: Shure Lenshopper VP83F, Rode Filmmaker Kit, DSLR Controller w/ TPLink MR3040

ShootMeAlready

I saw the Exposure Sim. bug.  shooting video, tried raw with all else disabled except could not kill Expo. Sim.

F-Up question:  Is Dual ISO in video working?
I recall getting lots of horiz. lines  in the past did not see any (picture did has some variation in tones)?  I tried 400/1600  in MLVRAW and was able to get a decent pic (I was shooting 2K resolutions 24fps, @2.39,1/160s using f1.8 glass). However I did not check against 400 ISO (single iso) which has clean shadows & no hot pixels, but it certainly was not noisy in shadows like ISO 1600 (single iso).

I used the Mystic Dual ISO DNG converter and CC in AE. No hot pixels or noisy shadows, could it be that there is a way to use ISO1600 in 70D raw video?

It looks like Dual ISO video is not working either crop/no-crop mode.  I tried Mystic, convert MLV, and then convert Dual ISO.  Yuck! result. 
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

Canniballissimo

Please tell me, in this version of the ML is not the function Rack Focus? Or shooting stacks done differently? The firmware for the 1100d have a similar function.

rvdeej

Hi folks,

Maybe a quick explanation is possible in how far this release adds "shoot" functions  for pictures. I was used to using the Magic zoom and then some options on the 700D. I'm taken a little by surprise the ML for 70D is in alpha version...

Does it have the options in the picture mode or are they still in development?
I'm not doing videos at all with my 70D... Mainly pictures...

Appreciate a little feedback about the picture enhancements available and stable...

(I already installed it and am playing with it...)

Regards
Tv

Trent10

I am trying to use my 70D to broadcast videos longer than 30min. HDMI out is connected to a blackmagic studio mini, which is then connected to my laptop running Wirecast. I was hoping I could use Magic Lantern to prevent the video monitoring output from shutting off after 30 min. I am not recording anything to the camera - just using it as a video feed.

I see you can have the camera automatically start recording video (after a short break) after it shuts off, but it doesn't seem like this function can turn back on the video output without starting the recording. I don't think it even turns on the viewfinder/video-out automatically anyway - just restarts recording.

Any help would be appreciated. I can't seem to find others trying to solve this problem.   

tait

Hello, it is the first time I install ML, on my 70D, I have the B revision. I found Expo. Presets is working when selecting the Press INFO option but not working on Press SET option.
I tried a few functions, they looked good. I had to turn the camera off to charge as battery is 6% remaining, however when I booted the camera again after charging, some errors appeared. remembered that the last operation was I enabled several modules. Below errors can be seen when viewing the picture.

Scanning modiles...
Load module...
load: AUTOEXPO.MO
load: DOT_TUNE.MO
load: DUAL_ISO.MO
load: ETTR.MO
load: MLV_SND.MO
load: SILENT.MO
LINKING...
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'mlv_rec_get_free_slot'
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'mlv_rec_queue_block'
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'mlv_rec_release_slot'
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'mlv_rec_get_slot_info'
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'mlv_rec_set_rel_timestamp'
  [E] failed to link modules
Save configs...
Save configs...

I am still able to take picture, not sure if it is a known error.

Thanks.
70D.111B

Walter Schulz

Sure, MLV_SND.mo relies on MLV_REC.mo which is missing on your list.

tait

Thank you very much, Walter. No more error with MLV_REC.mo turning on. I will read user guide and continue the testing.
70D.111B

ShootMeAlready

Trent10, if you just want HDMI output, why not put in manual, then remove all overlays (canon + ML)
and just let it output clean display to your external recorder. 
It will stay on until battery dies.  If you buy a power adapter then until you run out of recording space.

Trent10

Quote from: ShootMeAlready on June 07, 2015, 06:14:47 PM
Trent10, if you just want HDMI output, why not put in manual, then remove all overlays (canon + ML)
and just let it output clean display to your external recorder. 
It will stay on until battery dies.  If you buy a power adapter then until you run out of recording space.

That is exactly what I am trying to do. I tried it again after reading your comment but the video output turns off automatically after 30 minutes even when I'm not recording. I've tried in camera mode and video mode - both in manual. I have disabled auto-power-off in the canon settings. It always turns off at 30.

Are there other settings I might be missing? Thanks for your help!

Mallowsm

Quote from: Trent10 on June 08, 2015, 01:09:53 AM
That is exactly what I am trying to do. I tried it again after reading your comment but the video output turns off automatically after 30 minutes even when I'm not recording. I've tried in camera mode and video mode - both in manual. I have disabled auto-power-off in the canon settings. It always turns off at 30.

Are there other settings I might be missing? Thanks for your help!

Your still not getting full uncompressed via the hdmi even if you do turn the overlays off? Ive got an atomos and would love to have full use of the hdmi out

dmilligan

Quote from: Trent10 on June 08, 2015, 01:09:53 AM
It always turns off at 30.
Recording raw video for longer than 30 mins was achieved by changing PROP_ICU_AUTO_POWEROFF. Theoretically this should also work for what you're trying to do.

const int powersave_prohibit = 2;
    prop_request_change(PROP_ICU_AUTO_POWEROFF, &powersave_prohibit, 4);

OlRivrRat

@WhomEver

Why is the InstantRestart @ 30Min's not working ~ Even just for H264 ~ Don't need RawVid ~
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)