Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X-STATE

Quote from: pontius on June 02, 2015, 10:44:37 AM
Also I had no dead pixels on RAW video with alpha5b and now with alpha6 there are lots of them. Of course I can get rid of bad pixels easily with mlvfs using --bad-pix switch but processing frames will be lot slower.
is there any other way to remove hot pixels when converting to DNG?
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

nikfreak

Some sum-up:

• Facetracking already has been mentioned not to work properly twice. I did some research on page43 of this thread with some focus notes. Alpha6 only has "focus misc task" disabled and not both. Disabling both would break modules. I guess the best way would be to enable custom focus.c and lens.c support in the platform tree for 70D and narrow it down step by step.
  • ShootMeAlready reported few hot pixels. pontius reports lots of them. Now which of both? We could try another write channel but I have different reports atm.
  • ShootMeAlready reports greyscale related problems in 3X mode.
  • gredy has problems with MZ in conjunction with facetracking mode AF (see above Facetracking).
  • Shutter speed not shown in movie mode
  • Moving focus box in MF for magic zoom needs to be investigated
    • Toucscreen not working any more after deleteing a picture. Needs re-powering to get active again (reported by Mr. Click)[/url]
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

pontius

Quote from: X-STATE on June 02, 2015, 12:23:08 PM
is there any other way to remove hot pixels when converting to DNG?
For MLV->DNG conversion I don't know other option than mlvfs with bad-pix option enabled, but if converting DNG to PNG is no problem then one can use some image processing software like GMIC with batch/bash script to apply dead pixel removal for every image file.
70D.111B

ShootMeAlready

@Nik

Also need to bug track the ISO=AUTO & ISO range not working in Auto Exposure.
This is crucial for low light, low noise/hot pixels shooting.

I am also wondering, and perhaps Alex/Walter can advise but it seems
that Canon ISO=AUTO & Canon's ISO Range, there should be a way that essentially turns off ML ISO handling
and returns things back to Canon default (presently this is buried in Autoexposure = ON additional parameters).  Most video is shot in Manual mode, with Auto ISO/range limited, so this is very useful for video.

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

ShootMeAlready

@ Pontius & Any Hot Pixel Reports

You have to realize that all cameras will eventually get hot pixels.  So its not entirely preventable.
That said there are number of things one must do, to minimize hot pixels and eliminate dead pixels, and that's why I am putting this out here, so folks dont just automatically report hot pixels without checking the preventables first.

1. Clean your sensor (inspect it and ensure there is nothing on it, the auto dust sensor is not enough!)
2. Sensor remap your hot/dead pixels (especially important if you see them all the time these are dead pixels).
3. Long.Exposure.NR=ON
4. Hi ISO.NR = STRONG
5. Highlight TP = OFF
6. Remove any VAF

Caution on low light tests:
High ISO creates shadow noise, which looks like random hot pixels.
Focus peaks ON, can mimic random noise when your screen is black or out of focus, turn it off, and recheck.
5X or 10X zooms, will be noisier than regular.  You may need to adjust exposure to compensate.

After having done that hot pixels should increase over-time/frames & increase in number with increased ISO.
If you see many hot pixels right at the start, something else is probably wrong (or your at some sky-high ISO).

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

Walter Schulz

Quote from: ShootMeAlready on June 02, 2015, 05:13:48 PMI am also wondering, and perhaps Alex/Walter can advise

You mistake me for a dev but I'm not. And no 70D around to play with.

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak & @Bredy

Just attempted to Duplicate Bredys LV/AFFD LockUp & Can't make it happen ~

Hard to be AbsolutelySure I have AllSettings SameAs Bredy ~~    111.B
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Walter Schulz

@bredy: Zip your ML\Settings directory, upload it somewhere and link it here. So others can use your ML settings for debugging your problem.

bredy

Are you sure have activated on the LCD the ML display?
70D.112

devomk

Guys. I kind a reset the shutter count yesterday when i flash the firmware. Its that normal? ... i know it's awesome

Walter Schulz

No, it is not normal and should definitely not happen at all.
Please post a screenshot showing shutter count status.
And by "flashing firmware" you meant "firmware update" using ML?

devomk

Im on phone now. Yesterday before i flash the firmaware i had ocer 400 counts (I use the flashing word cause we use that word in xda Forum). After that ivwas removing the firmware with deliting it from sd card, and went outsude to take pictures. Today before i start shooting i had just 59 counts.... now i got 103. Cause im outside and taking pictures. I don't making up.. swear to my kids

http://s3.postimg.org/bf0lbr12r/20150602_200610.jpg

This is my count before 3 days. When i removed the canon from selling on ebay

http://s29.postimg.org/yzrlknbrr/Screenshot_2015_06_02_20_14_27.png

Walter Schulz

Please check Debug tab -> Shutter Count.
The numbers you are showing are telling how much pics have been taken after battery was loaded last time (AFAIK).

devomk

OK. now i feel embarrassed. ... where to find Debug exactly? 

nikfreak

Debug is a tab and part of the ML menu. Browse through Debug menu to find shutter count.

devomk

My mistake... as i said, i feel embarrassed. I had to install again the ML to found out.

http://s28.postimg.org/bxvfro6ot/20150602_221624.jpg

The shutter speed in video mode can't be charged btw. Is that got some connection with the raw mode filming?

OlRivrRat

@Bredy & @NikFreak

In ML/Display/AdvancedSettings, set ScreenLayout to "3:2 display,t/b" & ReportBack ~

Was able to Dup' your issue with your Sett's ~

OlRivrRat

@Devomk

" The shutter speed in video mode can't be charged btw. "

Can Do if in Any Overlay/InfoScreen OtherThan ML ~ ML Overlay/InfoScreen shows N/A ~ But according to TopPanel  it is being changed ~

pierre2fun

Hello,

Testing the wonderfull silent picture mode using 70bv6 (Thanks, Alex).

I am afraid not succeded saving a Hres in DNG or MLV format.
The shutter (shot) did not works, idem with half-S but using the intervalometer and half-S two times after an AF ack seems working and display a message "set picture quality to RAW" but nothing is recorded on the SD card. -> Hi-Res is not working (DNG or MLV).

Using "simple" resolution works (using the intervalometer and half-S two times after an AF ack) works in both picture format.

Still testing.

Cheers
Pierre
Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B

nikfreak

did you check in Canon menu what the message prints? You need to set picture quality to RAW (+JPEG optionally)

pierre2fun

Nikfreak,

You are right: it works fine now.
Cheers, Pierre
70D ML 111B

Falcao_bh

Hello, installed 70d B and work fine. Can anyone help me to send CLEAN HDMI signal to atomos ninja blade? I can view the screen whith no info! But hdmi is no fulscreen. Help me!
Thanks from BRASIL!

ericdesign

hi why my 70D ML video tab wihout the bit rate and raw video??
please help and thanks very much.

Conaxe

@ericdesign you'll have to load the raw module. Bit rate is still disabled at this stage.
70D.111B

Mallowsm

Quote from: Falcao_bh on June 03, 2015, 01:10:35 PM
Hello, installed 70d B and work fine. Can anyone help me to send CLEAN HDMI signal to atomos ninja blade? I can view the screen whith no info! But hdmi is no fulscreen. Help me!
Thanks from BRASIL!

I would also love to get clean uncompressed to an atomos