Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TechnoPilot

Quote from: chmteacher on May 17, 2015, 02:13:01 AM
Walter, I have read the stupid first post about 10,000 times. It does not state how to uninstall. Unfortunately this forum has a terrible way of actually searching within this particular thread. Instead of being a d&ck why not actually post how to uninstall it if you know how?
@chmteacher - If you take the time to read the thread, even only the last dozen pages, you would very clearly have seen how to uninstall the lastest 70D alpha of ML, remember this is not an official release, this is an Alpha and if you are unwilling to make the effort to take the time to read even the latest of the development thread then you should not be testing the Alpha software on your camera.  Perhaps this forum's search function is not the greatest at time, but being arrogant and demanding to those who are taking the time to respond to try to answer your question when it is their own initiative is not very nice.  We are all just trying to further the community here.
Cameras: Canon 70D - 70D.111B (Beta 2B)
Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm F1.8, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 II
Video Gear: Shure Lenshopper VP83F, Rode Filmmaker Kit, DSLR Controller w/ TPLink MR3040

chmteacher

I'm still not sure how NOT answering people's questions furthers the community. Sorry I don't have time to read through 42 pages of posts to find what I'm looking for. At this point it probably would have been more efficient... Can anyone else use their language skills to describe how to uninstall ML instead of saying "read the first post"?

DeafEyeJedi

42 pages is nothing comparing to the other threads on this remarkable forum... Please keep the tone down a bit and show respect for others...

If you really want to uninstall ML then why don't you watch this video... If you have the time, right?

https://vimeo.com/128044782

However, in doing so won't disable the bootflag... If that's what you want to do then go to Canon menu and run firmware update again... Once you see "ML already installed, etc" then simply wait 1 minute in order for it to completely disable the bootflag.

If you don't mind me asking... Why do you want to completely uninstall this from your camera? Any valid points? Complaints?

Or just simply too overwhelming for you to handle?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

chmteacher

@DeafEyeJedi
Thanks for posting something worth reading. I'm just interested in comparing some performance/video nuances to stock. One thing I have noticed now is that my camera won't go to into sleep mode anymore and the card light flashes every minute or so (keeping it awake?). Not sure if I just missed a setting somewhere or what. Regardless it is a little weird that people freak out if you actually want to try uninstalling this thing. Heaven forbid...

DeafEyeJedi

I'm sorry but anything coming directly from Walter is definitely worth reading. He's a nice guy actually and a pure genius -- you just need to learn how to understand this community by reading more often. That's pretty much how I got myself this far.

Also I enjoy troubleshooting as well as many others here -- so hopefully you are on the same boat.

Anyway Do you think you Missed a setting somewhere within ML menu or Canon menu (just trying to understand your issue).

Have you tried uninstalling ML yet by running firmware update again and follow the instructions on LCD screen?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

hturkcan

Hello 70d owners. I just try to install ml for my 70d. I think I 've installed correctly. But I have a problem. There is no raw settings in Movie Header. So, did I miss something?
Here is ss

Frarike

Did enable all the modules in module tab and restart your camera?
70D.112

Berrob

is it possible to route the write output to the usb interface for higher bandwidth than what the SD card slot has?

Mallowsm

Hi im thinking of buying an atoms no decided which one. Will go hunting around on eBay. Does the ML allow for clean HDMI or will it just be the same as whats in camera pretty much?

Chucho

Mallowsm you have to enable it yourself "70d B" 0xFF19B6C8 PROP_DUAL_OUTPUT

Mallowsm

Quote from: Chucho on May 17, 2015, 08:12:29 PM

Is that within the ML Menus? Im still on the march 15th release aswell so ill update it when onget a chance

maitimaus

First of all big thanks to nikfreak! I think ML runs for such early build very stable :)
my camera (B Version) only crashed sometimes because I pressed the zoom button during a raw shot, but now I know not to do that ;)

With my SanDisk 16GB 80MB/Sec card I can record RAW with the following specs (all 2.39:1 aspect ratio):
1824x764@23,976 => 15s
1504x630@23,976 => 300s (5 minute)
1472x616@23,976 => seems to be continuous

with 5X Zoom:
3456x1320 => 34 frames
2880x1206 => 50 frame
1920x804 => 170 frames

But I noticed, that the camera temperature is displayed wrong:
ML told me after some raw shooting 58C but later in ExifTool I checked the meta data and it was 49C!
another test: ML 46C and ExifTool 42C!
Is it possible to change there something?

TechnoPilot

Quote from: maitimaus on May 18, 2015, 03:52:23 PM
First of all big thanks to nikfreak! I think ML runs for such early build very stable :)
my camera (B Version) only crashed sometimes because I pressed the zoom button during a raw shot, but now I know not to do that ;)

With my SanDisk 16GB 80MB/Sec card I can record RAW with the following specs (all 2.39:1 aspect ratio):
1824x764@23,976 => 15s
1504x630@23,976 => 300s (5 minute)
1472x616@23,976 => seems to be continuous

with 5X Zoom:
3456x1320 => 34 frames
2880x1206 => 50 frame
1920x804 => 170 frames

But I noticed, that the camera temperature is displayed wrong:
ML told me after some raw shooting 58C but later in ExifTool I checked the meta data and it was 49C!
another test: ML 46C and ExifTool 42C!
Is it possible to change there something?
@maitimaus - What version of the nightly are you on?  The latest which was a less official release I think (seemed a little more like a directly reply to some issues) is the May10th release, this release directly solved the known readout temperature error. 

Though admittedly from my experience now running the May10th build for a week, I just never have the temperature displayed on screen and can't figure out how to turn it on from any of the menus.

@Nikfreak, perhaps you could comment on the now lack of temperature display?
Video Gear: Shure Lenshopper VP83F, Rode Filmmaker Kit, DSLR Controller w/ TPLink MR3040

nikfreak

@technoPilot: temperature display was incorrect and therefore removed to avoid unnecessary confusions / discussions.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

TechnoPilot

Quote from: nikfreak on May 18, 2015, 07:21:57 PM
@technoPilot: temperature display was incorrect and therefore removed to avoid unnecessary confusions / discussions.
@nikfreak - This makes a lot of sense, I am curious though, you mentioned on the same post as the release that someone let you in on the formula to convert the readings to real temperatures.  Are you still working on implementing this, or was it still not correct?  Let me know if you need any further help with correcting this.

Also, just to directly say, amazing work on ML for the 70D, I am loving using it on my "b build" camera.  The latest build has really added to the stability overall of the Alpha.  The only two items that I have directly noticed, is that the overlay bitmap is very slow to reload anytime the ML screen is redrawn, I'm not sure if this is normal behaviour, but it sometimes takes up to 10 seconds.  The second is more something I am just feeling like I am missing while shooting, and I'm assuming it is because you have not gotten to debugging that module yet, that is the lack of ability to draw audio meters on the screen.

Thanks again for the amazing work so far!

Mallowsm

Quote from: Mallowsm on May 18, 2015, 01:14:58 PM
Is that within the ML Menus? Im still on the march 15th release aswell so ill update it when onget a chance

Im very confused do i need to do this myself inside terminal or anything? If anyone hasn't got the time to explain it, just point me in the right direction, I purchased a atomos ninja on eBay tonight fairly cheap so id love to unlock the full potential of the HDMI output of the camera. Using ML has changed the way i use the camera 100%

oaydin

Hello, I'd just like to point out that I've read the first post on this thread. I have a 70D with a copy of the latest alpha release (as of the 19th May). I've used ML... A LOT, especially on my old 550D. ML is an integral part of my gear now and you guys are doing an awesome job  :)

I just have a point/question to arise:

Question: I don't want to assume anything in case i mess my camera up, so i was wondering, can I have this install of ML on multiple SD cards? Can i just copy the ML files on to other SD cards? Or do i go through the install process for each SD Card?

Point: In manual (photo and video) mode, one of my favourite features is the Magic Zoom. Although the magic zoom is basically functional, i cannot seem to move the pointer around the screen for different points of manual focusing. The green bars on Focus Confirm also do not work.

Thanks for reading, great work!

Orhan

maitimaus

I updated today to the Nightly.2015May10.70D111B :)

There is still a problem with the ISO value which is displayed during the classical RAW video shot:

ISO 100 => ML: ISO 100
ISO 125 => ML: ISO 100
ISO 160 => ML: ISO 200
ISO 200 => ML: ISO 200
ISO 250 => ML: ISO 200
ISO 320 => ML: ISO 400
ISO 400 => ML: ISO 400
ISO 500 => ML: ISO 400
ISO 640 => ML: ISO 800
ISO 800 => ML: ISO 800
ISO 1000 => ML ISO 800
ISO 1250 => ML: ISO 1600
ISO 1600 => ML: ISO 1600
ISO 2000 => ML: ISO 1600
ISO 2500 => ML: ISO 3200

Anyone else having this problem? :)
Another question: Is it normal that the ML menu is automatically closed after 6 seconds?

TechnoPilot

Quote from: maitimaus on May 19, 2015, 07:01:26 PM
I updated today to the Nightly.2015May10.70D111B :)

Another question: Is it normal that the ML menu is automatically closed after 6 seconds?

The ISO issue I will let someone else address, but as for the random menu closure, this is a know ML bug that, if I'm not mistaken, was first seen in the build for the EOS M and occurs when opening the ML menu from LiveView.  There may not be a workaround for this in the near future.  If you are needing to be in the menu for an extended period of time, switching over to photo mode without LiveView will allow you to stay in it for an extended period.  What may also work, although something I have not checked yet, but it may also work when LiveView needs reactivation after changing shooting modes in video mode.

Hope this helps!

Mallowsm

Quote from: Chucho on May 17, 2015, 08:12:29 PM

Can someone help me with this id be very greatful

TechnoPilot

Quote from: Mallowsm on May 19, 2015, 07:57:50 PM
Can someone help me with this id be very greatful
This is also something that I will be needing in a few months time, can we figure out how to make this an option in the ML menu for future releases?

Mallowsm

Quote from: TechnoPilot on May 19, 2015, 07:59:47 PM
This is also something that I will be needing in a few months time, can we figure out how to make this an option in the ML menu for future releases?

Yeah i bought an atomos cheap off ebay and love to get uncompressed to it via the hdmi

samdinzey

I noticed that in the firmware update for the MKIII they made a clean HDMI output available, would this make it possible to make the option available for the 70D?
I also have a Ninja 2 and would love to be able to film uncompressed. I love ML and the doors that it has opened up for my camera so far!  :)

If you hear anything feel free to email me [email protected]

chrisfrancia

@maitimaus, This is largely speculation and I do not feel like finding out if this is how ML is on other cameras but, I think its a safe bet to say that... When shooting RAW the digital ISO's are disabled so we are left with the actual ISO's as options only. Also any iso inbetween exposure 'changes' you see in camera could be considered just live view simulation?

I was going to wait and let someone else answer but since no one has, maybe someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
[5D3 1.2.3 ML] [6D 1.1.6 ML]

nikfreak

Just for my selfnotes while trying to polish up things:

Work in progress checking props in ROM:

• missing PROP_LV_FOCUS_DATA (explains focus confirmation [green bars..] issues with MZ). can't seem to find alternative. wtd is DAF / IFE [DualAF / IntegratedFocusEngine]??
  • quick-test: disabling both focus tasks seems to improve fps override issue. still lots of pink and hanging but not full hangs as before. looks promising
  • ToDo Done with dmspy: check if "32 frames continous Engine error" messages disappear after disabling both focus tasks! Yes error gone, log also contains much more complete messages but need to disbale both focus tasks and remove some code in lens.c (lv_focus_done..), too Need to recheck after solving listed issues below...
  • ToDo Done with dmspy: check if VRAM related "Path incomplete[200]" and "Path incomplete[220]" messages disappear after disabling focus tasks? No, even after also removing some code in lens.c (see above). But they got less.
  • ToDo: Done!! Still-ToDo: Find out why "prop_spy" hangs when switching to MV / LV. Device freezes (pull out battery). Photo mode works flawless, but hard to check props in this case in LV / MV. Maybe some prop wrong or changed as this also appears with an almost "zero-feature" build (undef'd almost everything in "all_features.c") ? PropSpy still hangs and produces ERR80 w/o writing any logs to card if I quit ML menu or menu bug quits it. As long as I activate Propspy and don't move out of the ML menu it works but it's really slowed down (blue updatings) and not working as fast as in photo mode. In photo mode it keeps updating / showing props (blue color) very very fast.  Once ML draws top/bottom bars I can't reopen ML menu. Can't activate Canon menu no matter what I do.

Don't quote or comment this.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]