Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danagiesbrecht

Hi All,

So I have magic lantern finally installed properly and working but I don't see any settings for monitoring audio. Can someone help me out please?

Thanks,

Dana

grey

Quote from: danagiesbrecht on May 14, 2015, 01:21:47 AM
Hi All,

So I have magic lantern finally installed properly and working but I don't see any settings for monitoring audio. Can someone help me out please?

Thanks,

Dana

There is no AudioMonitoring in currebt release.

DeafEyeJedi

*Feedbacks*

Decided to test out the HDR feature...

70D shot in:
- RAW 60fps HDR mode iso 100/1600 (I know I could have done it in 48fps but wanted to push it for this test with 70D) and plus FPS override isn't quite working yet, obviously.

I also snapped a CR2 photo (thinking I had proper white balance on it) to use it as a "grey card" for HDR files but had it in the wrong WB settings. My fault will do another proper test.

https://vimeo.com/127802306

Lots of aliasing w these HDR 70D files, eh?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

X-STATE

is this RAW dual iso video or hdr video?
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

Danne

I think he shot this in RAW HDR iso 100/1600 60fps. Frames are then halfed and automatically upscaled to 30fps when merged in cr2hdr-r.

DeafEyeJedi

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

LightMan

Hello

I don't know if someone else notice that but I notice that ML corrupt the SD card and I finally have to format it. I can't read the card on my computer (card not initialized) or on my 70D (card unreadable).
When I succeed to format it and restore videos from it, videos are corrupted. I see that ML was deleted when reformating the card.
I record hours of video without any problem with ML but sometimes, without any reason, the card is unreadable and I have to format her.

Walter Schulz

ML doesn't reprogram SD-card interface but uses what Canon built in (hardware and software). Your case may be just coincidence or you treated card wrong. You have to wait a while after shutting down the cam before opening SD-card compartment. Otherwise you may disrupt ML shutdown.

LightMan

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 15, 2015, 09:30:28 AM
ML doesn't reprogram SD-card interface but uses what Canon built in
I know it ! :)
Maybe I don't wait enough after shutting down... However I waited 5 sec before opening SD-CARD door.

Yuppa

Quote from: LightMan: Today at 08:20:55 AMWhen I succeed to format it and restore videos from it, videos are corrupted. I see that ML was deleted when reformating the card.

What do you mean by, "format?" On your computer? Of course all the files will be gone.

After EACH file transfer (session) from my camera (a 60D) to my computer, I put the SD card back in my camera and perform a "low level" format (ML restores itself unless I press the "Q" button to switch the option to remove).

But this is just me.

Cards do NOT last forever.  It might be time for new/better card.  In-camera SD card formatting should be part of your regular maintenance routine.

When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

Walter Schulz

There are exceptions to the rule. Formatting in camera with cards up to 32 GByte will give you FAT32 file system. If you want to preserve ExFAT on those cards do *not* format in cam or you have to reformat them using cardreader. And use EOScard/Macboot to make card bootable again (or install ML again). And restore ML settings.
Could be routine, too but one I'd rather try to avoid.

jman2015

has anyone tried slow motion 60fps with ML, if you can only get a minute i assume you can only slow mo for 30 seconds?

debating if i want to install this might be the one to push me over the edge...

chmteacher

I'm doing some experimenting, how do I actually uninstall ML from my 70D? Will I brick it if I just format the card?
Thx in advance,

xsghost

Quote from: jman2015 on May 16, 2015, 04:19:15 AM
has anyone tried slow motion 60fps with ML, if you can only get a minute i assume you can only slow mo for 30 seconds?

debating if i want to install this might be the one to push me over the edge...

How does one do slow motion 60fps with ML? Are you talking about fps override?
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

chann

chmteacher, reply # 1037
ML resides in the sd card. Deleting ML or formatting card will uninstall - should not brick eos

Walter Schulz

Formatting the card will *not* uninstall ML from the cam. It will render card non-bootable and ML files gone but cam's bootflag will still be set. But you will not see ML starting up using this card, that's true.

Frarike

I formatted my card and tried to run the may version A but wouldn't let me update firmware or run ML. The previous version A worked fine for me. 
70D.112

Walter Schulz

1) Format card using cardreader.
2) Format card using cam
3) Copy extracted nightly contents to card
4) Run firmware update
Report back

chmteacher

Walter, your message would have been more helpful if it included actually how to reset the bootflag, i.e. truly "uninstall" ML....

Posted by: Walter Schulz
« on: Today at 08:39:51 PM » Insert Quote
Formatting the card will *not* uninstall ML from the cam. It will render card non-bootable and ML files gone but cam's bootflag will still be set. But you will not see ML starting up using this card, that's true.

Frarike

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 16, 2015, 11:05:17 PM
1) Format card using cardreader.
2) Format card using cam
4) Run firmware update
Report back
That's what I did the first time but did it again anyway and I am still getting the message 'Memory card containing firmware is required to update'.

I might try version B but seeing as A worked before I don't imagine that it would work either.
70D.112

Walter Schulz

Quote from: chmteacher on May 16, 2015, 11:09:09 PM
Walter, your message would have been more helpful if it included actually how to reset the bootflag, i.e. truly "uninstall" ML....

Read first post in this thread.

Walter Schulz

Quote from: Walter Schulz on May 16, 2015, 11:05:17 PM
3) Copy extracted alpha-a contents to card
Quote from: Frarike on May 16, 2015, 11:12:49 PM
That's what I did the first time but did it again anyway and I am still getting the message 'Memory card containing firmware is required to update'.

FIR file present in card's root directory?

Frarike

70D.112

ShootMeAlready

In movie tweaks, their is an enable option to keep recording by starting another clip after 29.59min. 
When I shoot raw and it skips a frame, the next clip does not start when enabled.  It would be verrry useful to start the next movie after a skipped frame. This would effectively increase the raw video time (ok I realize might be 0.5 sec. lost between stop/restart)
but for 1824x776 @ 2.35 aspect which runs about 15s on a 70D, this would make a huge difference ... almost increasing the raw video time for free.

I also wonder if you entered a value like start/stop after X frames, if the stop present/start next clip time could be reduced to like 0.1sec.
Not sure about what happens after you hit stop.  How fast can one cue up the next video if its preprogrammed???
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

chmteacher

Walter, I have read the stupid first post about 10,000 times. It does not state how to uninstall. Unfortunately this forum has a terrible way of actually searching within this particular thread. Instead of being a d&ck why not actually post how to uninstall it if you know how?