Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

*feedbacks*

https://vimeo.com/127456563

Thanks to @nikfreak for the updates.

MZ seems to be much more solid and the mini screen doesn't flicker anymore. Good job!

FP seems to have a little improvements although not a big fan of this feature (MZ seems easier to get in focus) again it depends on the situation (because I sometimes like it) hehe.

AK seems to work well other than its weird Canon overlay contents that comes up as I scroll through in between categories within AK.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

xsghost

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on May 11, 2015, 09:23:03 AM
*feedbacks*

https://vimeo.com/127456563

Thanks to @nikfreak for the updates.

MZ seems to be much more solid and the mini screen doesn't flicker anymore. Good job!

FP seems to have a little improvements although not a big fan of this feature (MZ seems easier to get in focus) again it depends on the situation (because I sometimes like it) hehe.

AK seems to work well other than its weird Canon overlay contents that comes up as I scroll through in between categories within AK.

wtf is AK? Andrew Kramer?
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

nikfreak

[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

fer311278

hello, I have a problem to reveal a picture taken with the Dual Iso, when I correct the highlights there is a dominant magenta impossible to correct. I use Camera raw and I installed the cr2hdr.

regrads!

xsghost

70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: fer311278 on May 11, 2015, 01:12:39 PM
hello, I have a problem to reveal a picture taken with the Dual Iso, when I correct the highlights there is a dominant magenta impossible to correct. I use Camera raw and I installed the cr2hdr.

regrads!
Which cr2hdr version did you use?

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak & @Alex

It sure seems to me that having the ability to Manually be in control of ISO in All Shoot Modes ( P, AV, TV) during Video

shooting would be a Benefit ~ Is there any way that you Wizards can implement this functionality ~ I find it quite strange that

Canon chose to give us the controls on the 70D to be able to switch between M, AV, TV, & P while in Video Mode but then made

AV, TV & P, Auto ISO Only ~

Don't mean to distract from Tasks @ Hand, but if doable @ some point in the future I think it would be a Useful addition ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

chann

I refer to reply #990. Nikfreak, the zoom button I referred to is the blue button with the magnifying glass with + sign icon.

My tests were conducted in photo mode not video.

So in photo mode & in magic zoom the arrow keys worked using the af area selection button (nearest the shutter button) as well as using zoom (x1) ie the blue button however the focus box is much larger.

Hope that helps .TQ

fer311278

DeafEyeJedi, i downloaded the version which is in the first page.

SPalarius

Hello everyone.
who can help with translation, if there are such.
need to be translated into Russian.or tell me which program can be translated.
for earlier thanks.
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

span

Hello!! I m new member here :)

I have a canon eos 70d with FW 1.1.1. Could you please tell me which is the correct FW who needs my camera ( 1.1.1A or 1.1.1B) ?

Thank you in advance

DeafEyeJedi

If you had read through 40 pages (which isn't a lot comparing to others) in this particular thread... You would have gotten your 70D up and running w ML installed without having to ask this question...

Please read otherwise try A (if fails then it will tell you to use B) and it's that simple...

Yuppa

Can you just image the 1st person who installed ML who came here only to find a blank forum?

What to do...what to do...
When you care more about capturing DATA, as opposed to WONDERMENT, you've lost your creative SOUL.

Guitarshredder1

Just tried RAW Recording with an external monitor attached, and the camera crashes, requiring the battery being pulled in order to reset. It never starts recording, only starts with the red time code and then freezes. The screen stays on even if the camera is turned off. This is through the USB output.

OlRivrRat

@Guitarshredder1

It might be a good idea to provide info/specs on the monitor you used & which version of 70D_111 you have ~

OlRivrRat

@Span

If you don't want to read All 41Pages, @ Least go to Reply #975 (1st 1 on Pg40 in my browser) & Read It ~

ORR ~ DeanB

Guitarshredder1

I am using an Android tablet with DSLR Controller on it, and Alpha5b version A. It works fine in All-I mode, but freezes in RAW. It also freezes when recording MLV.

OlRivrRat

@Guitarshredder1

I tried it with my Nexus7+DSLRController (which is my Norm' Vid' SetUp) & got the Same Freeze symptoms as you ~

I'm guessing that it may just be asking the Camera to do to much work ~ 70D_111B ~

jman2015

Has anyone connected  the 70d to an atomos to see if the ML cleans the HDMI output? I searched through the post and Didn't see anything i understood in regard. I'm debating buying one and have NOT installed ML yet and it would be a deciding factor.

thanks in advance.

Great forum btw

Frarike

Quote from: jman2015 on May 13, 2015, 05:54:54 PM
Has anyone connected  the 70d to an atomos to see if the ML cleans the HDMI output? I searched through the post and Didn't see anything i understood in regard. I'm debating buying one and have NOT installed ML yet and it would be a deciding factor.

thanks in advance.

Great forum btw

You can only record using the formats that it allows you too on the atomos.
70D.112

DavNik

Quote from: OlRivrRat on May 10, 2015, 06:44:08 AM
        So is it still just Austux, Bredy & Me that are unable to get "Movie Restart" to work on our Older 70Ds with ML111B ~

ORR ~ DeanB

Same problem on mine

DeafEyeJedi

Are you guys having this issue with h264 and not RAW/MLV, right?

ShootMeAlready

DSLR Controller app does not work with ML RAW. It never has on any ML release.
Some claimed 5D MIII, but even that was limited.  I suspect it needs to be optimized
to work with ML, and the DSLR Controller app folks have never claimed it does. 

DSLR controller is for H264 video.  However 70D with a loupe on the LCD is even faster,
and the LCD screen is very sufficient for focus peaks & checks.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

jman2015

confused so the HDMI out is steady now? To the best of my understanding one couldn't get a steady HDMI out before...

ote from: jman2015 on Today at 05:54:54 PM

thanks in advance.

Great forum btw

You can only record using the formats that it allows you too on the atomos.

OlRivrRat

@DeafEyeJedi

"Are you guys having this issue with h264 and not RAW/MLV, right?"

Both you & WalterS have asked that question ~

Answer ~ H264 ~

Here is my 1st post on the topic ~

@Austux

Glad you brought that up. I just tested on mine & it stopped @ 29:59 ~

So I'm curious if you guys know of anyone able to get to 29:59 in RAW/MLV ~