Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OlRivrRat

danagiesbrecht

What Walter said - Kind Of - You really should read the 1st Post ~ But ~ As it does not adequately Spell Out the Download & Install Procedure

Just do this ~ If you are unsure if your 70D is a "Newer" or "Older" 1, Download both 70D_111A & 70D_111B ~ Attempt to install 111_A & if it does

not install try 111_B  ~~  111_A is for the "Newer" & 111_B for the "Older" ~

Download Alpha5 release for 70D_111A or Download Alpha5 release for 70D_111B

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

SPalarius

QuoteМеню и так отлично структурировано и интуитивно понятно.
If you understand that I do not, there is an instruction but it is outdated and does not fit 70 d, and that would be desirable that the transfer was. why not do the translation camera in their language, and also the firmware in the language, because all users will be convenient and understandable. I do not think that all the lines speak good English language.
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

xsghost

Quote from: SPalarius on May 08, 2015, 07:42:19 AM
[quoteМеню и так отлично структурировано и интуитивно понятно.]
If you understand that I do not, there is an instruction but it is outdated and does not fit 70 d, and that would be desirable that the transfer was. why not do the translation camera in their language, and also the firmware in the language, because all users will be convenient and understandable. I do not think that all the lines speak good English language.

Изучение английского языка, вы Путин любить гомосексуалист!
Или иди словарь из Украины.
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

grey

Quote from: xsghost on May 08, 2015, 07:56:20 AM
Изучение английского языка, вы Путин любить гомосексуалист!
Или иди словарь из Украины.

We discuss about Canon EOS 70D or sexual orientation of Vladimir Putin?

And one more time... To all: in English, please.

xsghost

I was talking about SPalarius's orientation. Something may have gotten lost in translation. Anyway, back to the 70D..
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

SPalarius

xsghost
but where does Putin and Ukrainian Dictionary, and by the way I have with Orientation okay,
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

DeafEyeJedi

Not so pretty @ ISO 6400 shot in MLV on the 70D111B lol...

5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

bensch

Focus stacking doesn't work properly - can anyone confirm?

If I start a series with lets say 5 photos in front and 5 photos behind, 5 steps, everything seems to work fine, the camera takes 11 shots and ends with the message "focus stacking done". But if you look at the photos there is one photo far in front and then 10 photos with exactly the same focus far behind.

During stacking, between two shots I can hear the focus motor always move two times as if it first moves back in some initial position and then moves the desired amount of steps.

Is this a known behavior or just my stupidity?-)

OlRivrRat

So is it still just Austux, Bredy & Me that are unable to get "Movie Restart" to work on our Older 70Ds with ML111B ~

ORR ~ DeanB

nikfreak

@olRivrRat: we will take a look at that soon together. It's actually just not on my highest prio.

@all: i am on this: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg146595#msg146595

Good news is that I got it working and tweaking it but it's a little bit complicated to find a suitable button but it seems that I will also be able to further improve the annoying Canon overlay which appears when pressing metering button. Will require some detailed testing to see how it goes but I will keep you updated.. It just feels like I almost got it.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

nikfreak

Ok I guess Arrow keys work now. Please try it out and confirm the arrow keys as working (use metering mode button or AF AREA selection button). I attached download links:

70D.111A

70D.111B

Might be a good time to check if all is working fine. See the changelog for more details: https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/620/add-support-for-eos-70d-111-both-revisions/commits

a1ex

A fresh menu walkthrough would be great as well. Testing only testing the default configuration of each option is not enough(e.g. not just Magic Zoom with default settings); a much better way (though still incomplete) is to also try each option from the submenu.

Because the number of menu options is huge, I'm not asking one user to perform all the tests. Just pick a few features you are interested in, and test them thoroughly.

Before including the 70D in the nightly builds, I'll disable all the features for which no feedback was received.

chann

Sorry sent msg to nikfreak instead of using reply here.

First try after downloading 117b, arrow keys (used in magic zoom to re position focus point) works. Subsequently have to press zoom button (x1) for it to work.

Pressing Af or metering buttons brings out canon menu but arrow keys do not wk

All 3 focus confirmation modes do not wk

OlRivrRat

@olRivrRat: we will take a look at that soon together. It's actually just not on my highest prio.

@NikFreak

Thanks for the ComeBack on that ~ Just the acknowledgement that it is anywhere on the list is quite sufficient.

When I come across things that don't appear to be working for me, I usually feel that it may be due to something that I am doing incorrectly, especially if I post

about it & there is no reply from You Knowledgable Ones.

The Arrow Keys appear to be functioning correctly on my 111B (once I figured out what I was looking for & how to activate the functionality) ~ I had never

used that Feature before ~ Thanks for that.

Also noticed that you have "DealtWith" the "Temperature" issue ~ You sneaky devil ~

nikfreak

Quote from: chann on May 10, 2015, 07:17:36 PM
Sorry sent msg to nikfreak instead of using reply here.

First try after downloading 117b, arrow keys (used in magic zoom to re position focus point) works. Subsequently have to press zoom button (x1) for it to work.

Pressing Af or metering buttons brings out canon menu but arrow keys do not wk

All 3 focus confirmation modes do not wk

Ok Focus confirmation also never worked for me in MZ (magic zoom) that's known to not work on my side too. But better than disabling MZ completely!?. I will have a look again why the confirmation doesn't seem to work but can't promise to get it working. Did you try arrow keys w/o MZ? I got confused about that zoom button comment from you.

Quote from: OlRivrRat on May 10, 2015, 07:56:00 PM

Also noticed that you have "DealtWith" the "Temperature" issue ~ You sneaky devil ~

hey I was given a special hint regarding temperature discussions. take a look here:
https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/pull-request/620/add-support-for-eos-70d-111-both-revisions/activity#LC6724809T298

Chann seems to use 70D.111B and olRivrRat too. Can you confirm the buttons "Af Area selction" and "Metering mode" for 70D.111B for activating arrow key mode:

a1ex

Focus confirmation in MZ is also used with trap focus in LiveView, and with "best shots" option from silent pictures. It's reported by Canon code in PROP_LV_FOCUS_DATA, so you could check if this property gets triggered in LiveView (should be once per every frame) and if the focus magnitude increases when you focus on something.

If you can't figure it out, disable CONFIG_LV_FOCUS_INFO from internals.h.

bredy

But in the last 70.111B dowloand I don't see the file of firmware. I have to use the old one? Thanks
70D.112

chann

Nikfreak, my apologies i used the af button next to the drive, iso & metering mode buttons but not the one next to the shutter - the af area selection button (as per your photo of the eos 70d top panel as shown in your #990 reply) - this works!

Pressing the metering mode button - arrow keys do not work

And thanks nik for confirming that the focus confirmation in magic zoom does not wk.

In my case, the battery drains extremely fast.

Will test arrow keys without magic zoom soon. Thank you for your prompt reply to my previous report wrt the arrow key function. Take care

OlRivrRat

Can you confirm the buttons "Af Area selction" and "Metering mode" for  activating arrow key mode

@Nikfreak

Yes, both "Af Area selction" and "Metering mode" will activate Arrow Key Mode ~ But ~ Only if you are in "Vid'Mode" ~ If you try to activate Arrow Key Mode

while in LiveView with either "Af Area" or  "Metering mode" it Does Not work ~ But if you activate Arrow Key Mode While in Vid'Mode & then switch to LiveView

the Arrow Key Mode Remains Active ~

Also ~ Just tested & found that if I Activate the Arrow Key Mode while in Vid'Mode & then turn the Cam' Off, Switch to Stills mode & Restart the Cam', go into

LiveView or Vid'Mode, the Arrow Key Mode will still be Active ~~ The Thlot Plickens ~

danagiesbrecht

Hi All,

I'm still having a lot of issues downloading Magic Lantern onto my camera.

Here's where I'm currently stuck:

I downloaded the 70.111A version, unzipped the zipped file, and then copied all 4 files onto my SanDisk memory Card (64 GB).
Next I put the card in my camera, undated the camera firmware, restarted the card. The 'You've successfully downloaded Magic Lantern screen comes up' but then when I press the trash can it doesn't work. What am I missing?

Thanks a bunch!

chrisfrancia

the arrow/set buttons work great now, also if you select multiple options you can cycle through the modes however if you select all the options it kind of gets visually buggy, but selecting 2 options works great. thanks for the update :) (on version B)

doesnt work in photo live view for me at all

works with af button only as far as i can tell
[5D3 1.2.3 ML] [6D 1.1.6 ML]

miguelencho

Ya pude instalar ML en mi canon 70D wifi happy happy, ahora como puedo grabar mas tiempo en magic lanter? solo puedo grabar 9 segundos!!!
my test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOjw853499I

saludos.

ShootMeAlready

70 B version
In manual video mode both ISO & Kelvin worked of AF area & arrows.  Nice!
Did not see Focus by steps screen (++ + -- -), which is needed for the canon 50mm II, as it has just about no m-focus ring. 

Not sure what temp problem you devil was fixed?
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

bredy

Nikfreak

I have a problem with 111.B

With standard setting on my 70D I install the ML 70D.111B No change on setting.

I go in LiveView. Then press ZoomIn Button. The camera freeze. I try to press LiveView but doesn't work, I turn off the camera, the image turn off but the ML screen don't turn off. Only solution is to remove the battery.
70D.112