Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakepetre

Can someone(or anyone) share their recording durations when shooting raw video? I'm only able to get 2s with a 90mb/s card before it says 'skipped' and stops recording.

nikfreak

@snakec: your results seem to confirm what DaveM already mentioned earlier.
What happens for normal raw (cr2) files (not dualiso) with adobe's dng converter? Can you replicate the results for non-dualiso files?
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

bensch

Hi,

I've been following this forum quite a long time now and I'm happy to have the alpha-version (70D111B (April 23)) finally installed on my 70D, too.
@nikfreak et al.: THANK YOU!

I have one small question: Should the focus stacking already be working? (because it doesn't)

Thanks, ben

DeafEyeJedi

Quote from: jakepetre on May 06, 2015, 09:22:02 PM
Can someone(or anyone) share their recording durations when shooting raw video? I'm only able to get 2s with a 90mb/s card before it says 'skipped' and stops recording.
Which resolution are you shooting in and what FPS?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

DaveM

@nikfreak

I downloaded the latest Adobe DNG converter and converted a couple of my normal CR2 files.  They did not have the same issue.

ShootMeAlready

Ok for what its worth.  One can shoot 2K @ 2.35 & about 60 fps for about 2.5s.  I get about 151 frames.

I used canon menu IPB 1280x720 60fps.  Use ML_raw, 2.35 aspect, and 2048x872.  Hit digital zoom once, X5 on screen (which I think is 3X, facial recog AF does not support zoom)and you will need to MF.

1920x818 205 frames, 3.5s
2048x872 151 frames, 2.5s
2240x954 108 frames, 1.5s

Once ML fps override is working, rather than 60fps, for 2k one can dial back to 24 fps to get longer times (x2.5, for 10s to 4.5s).

Read my recent posts for times at less than 1080p resolutions.

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

renderone

Hello, first of all, let me say how grateful I am to have access to more features in my 70d. Magic Lantern is simply fantastic. However, I have been confused about which download was right for me. From the reading, I thought maybe, because my serial number is of the earlier models, I should just go for the 111B files, but was I mistaken on this assumption?

Is this why Magic Lantern is glitchy on mine and causes the menu to close on me every few seconds? What determines which one will install and which one won't?

Upon further reading, I see that I should just start with 111A, then go to 111B if that doesn't work.

Should I uninstall 111B and try again with 111A, or does the installation of 111B mean that was the one for me any way? What is the determining factor for which one we need to download?

Sorry if this has been gone over and over, it's quite a long thread to find the answers easily through manual scanning.

DeafEyeJedi

@renderone: Stick w B and play with it or read the forums some more. It is normal for the ML to go out after 4-5 secs on 70D. The M also has bug as well.

For those who are curious or in need of files (Dual-ISO RAW, MLV, CR2, MLV/RAW, FRSP
DNG/MLV) from certain models such as 70D, 5D3 & the M... Perhaps to help speed up the process on getting the binaries up to date.
Or just want to play with certain files for testing/practice purposes.

https://mega.co.nz/#F!DokxSIhC!q5iOd_rIQTRbCXA51Kyz5Q

Happy Updates!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

X-STATE

friends!
Please forgive me for this question :)
I use with ML SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC 32GB UHS Class 1 95Mb / s
I want to buy SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB UHS Class 1 95Mb / s
because now capture RAW was not enough space
The card 64 has no problems with the work of the ML on 70D?
tnx
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

xsghost

Quote from: X-STATE on May 07, 2015, 10:25:49 AM
friends!
Please forgive me for this question :)
I use with ML SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC 32GB UHS Class 1 95Mb / s
I want to buy SANDISK Extreme Pro SDXC 64GB UHS Class 1 95Mb / s
because now capture RAW was not enough space
The card 64 has no problems with the work of the ML on 70D?
tnx

64GB card works just fine, but you will have to make it bootable with the EOScard.exe tool in order to install Magic Lantern on it.
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

X-STATE

Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

zp_henry

Hello!

Magic Lantern works fine on my new Canon 70D.
But i can not find audio settings in ML?
I also miss the duration of recording?

Thank you very much :)

Frarike

Quote from: zp_henry on May 07, 2015, 02:27:50 PM
Hello!

Magic Lantern works fine on my new Canon 70D.
But i can not find audio settings in ML?

I don't think audio has been enabled yet.
70D.112

zp_henry

How long (or to what temperature) is safe for recording video?

In 10 minutes it is already red zone - 60 degrees Celsius.

SPalarius

Hello.
who can help with the translation. for earlier thanks to
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

SPalarius

или может кто подскажет какой программой можно перевести МЛ
Мастерство фотографа заключается не в том, чтобы красиво сфотографировать и без того красивое, а в том, чтобы показать то прекрасное, что другие не заметили, пройдя мимо. (Мануэль Альварес Браво)

xsghost

Quote from: zp_henry on May 07, 2015, 04:20:15 PM
How long (or to what temperature) is safe for recording video?

In 10 minutes it is already red zone - 60 degrees Celsius.

That number is not the real temperature, and even if it was, it doesn't matter, as the camera has a warning come on in the form of a thermometer icon when the temperature is too high, and if you ignore it, it stops recording. So shoot away.
I've shot for several hours without stop and the warning never even came on.
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

grey

Quote from: SPalarius on May 07, 2015, 04:56:26 PM

Я тоже могу по Русски тут писать, but this is international forum. English language is acceptable for most of people from many countries. So use it if you want to got some help.

grey

Quote from: SPalarius on May 07, 2015, 04:56:26 PM

For what reason do you need to translate ML in Russian or any other language?
Зачем переводить МЛ на Русский или любой другой язык? Большинство терминов не имеют нормальных аналогов в Русском языке. Меню и так отлично структурировано и интуитивно понятно.

danagiesbrecht

Hi All,

I need some help. I just downloaded Magic Lantern using this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DtrFE39db4 for my Canon 70D DSLR and got all the way until the last step where it says: Making card bootable failed, please try again with debug on.... which it was on. So now I don't know what to do.

Any advice?

Thanks a bunch

Dana

danagiesbrecht

Or a better question might be... can anyone provide me with the most up to date download? I copied the link on the first page of this forum but maybe that's why I'm having issues?

Walter Schulz

This tutorial is outdated. Format your card using a cardreader, insert card into cam and format again. Read first page and follow instructions there.

OlRivrRat

Quote from: renderone on May 07, 2015, 07:47:19 AM
Magic Lantern is glitchy on mine and causes the menu to close on me every few seconds?

RenderOne

This should only happen if you are viewing the ML Menu while in Movie or Live View modes ~ If you want to stay in the ML Menu

simply Go Into It while in ELV Stills Mode.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

danagiesbrecht

Thanks for the fast reply Walter. I'm formatting my card right now, but I'm still not 100% which download to use. Could you copy and paste the correct link for me? I would be forever grateful! :)

Walter Schulz

No, you have to read first page.