Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

Quote from: Frarike on April 26, 2015, 01:11:54 PM
Got a few more crashes still just error 70. I'm using rev. A. There isn't one particular thing that I do to get the error all I can think of it is something to do with mlv.

These are the crash logs.
https://mega.nz/#F!71gyjZ7Q!cRrQ-DRur02tLFJKru5aBw

Audio during recording (MLV) is not yet supported by me. I must admit I got crashes myself weeks ago while trying it out once during mlv recording. So for now disable all audio related features / modules and you should be fine. ofc I will have a look into the issue but atm I am not doing any raw related stuff myself. You may ask yourself why the downloads contain mlv_snd module etc.? Cause it's the default when compiling from source. I didn't excplicitely exclude them. I recommend you to chose raw_rec instead of MLV for now. If you still get those crashes post them here again.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

true

70D+Alpha5 release for 70D_111B  SIGMA 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC MACRO OS HSM  Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II  TAMRON SP 70-300mm F/4.0-5.6 Di VC USD

janoschsimon

Quote from: nikfreak on April 26, 2015, 01:38:46 PM
Audio during recording (MLV) is not yet supported by me. I must admit I got crashes myself weeks ago while trying it out once during mlv recording. So for now disable all audio related features / modules and you should be fine. ofc I will have a look into the issue but atm I am not doing any raw related stuff myself. You may ask yourself why the downloads contain mlv_snd module etc.? Cause it's the default when compiling from source. I didn't excplicitely exclude them. I recommend you to chose raw_rec instead of MLV for now. If you still get those crashes post them here again.

ahhhhh i think i just ticked mlv sound :D will try without mlv sound if it then works :D

OlRivrRat

On Screen Level, Freeze Issue, again ~

If I access the ML Menu while in Vid' Mode or Stills Mode, Live View or ELV, the On Screen Level Freezes & Cam' needs to be Restated to get it back.

Also ~

"SET" button startup to disable ML still is not working for me. All Buttons are Set to Default. Even tried Resetting Buttons To Default with ML Uninstalled

then Reinstalled ML & No Change.

I know these aren't important issues, just providing feedback.

ORR ~ DeanB ~ 70D+ML111B
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

nikfreak

can you justify to reset cam via Canon menu to defaults and retry the whole installation with a fresh formatted card? I just think there's something wrong with your settings cause it works for me on 70D_111A. I don't think the codes for set button  could be wrong. You can check that yourself for PRESS and UNPRESS by setting a 300ms delay in debug menu. Check:

Show GUI evts

OFF
ON

ON - delay 300ms

Let me know your results.

OlRivrRat

@NikFreak

Not sure I correctly understand what info your looking for but this is what happens after

Show GUI evts

ON - delay 300ms

Is selected

On SetButton   Press =      Ev15: p=      54 *0=
                                     Ev16: p=        4 *0=

Unpress =   Ev17: p=        5 *0=

I did an ML Uninstall, then Full Reset of Cam' settings, then Format of Card, then Reload of ML on Card, then Install of ML on Cam'

& SetButton StartUp Still leaves ML Active. Me thinks it just doesn't like me. I'm thinking that @ some point in the future it will decide

that it has messed with me enough & it will mysteriously just start working.

I,m totally unfirmiliar with the "BelowGround" stuff but if there is other info you want , let me know & I'll try to find my way around

down there in the Dark.

Thanks again for efforts ~

ORR ~ DeanB

nikfreak

Thanx for your info. The button events are ok (4 and 5). I guess I can't do much atm to solve your problem but you can carry a second scard with you for the times where you don't want to startup ML. That will work.

bsauce42

DeafEyeJedi

*feedbacks*

I just decided to take a quick run through with MLV footage shot on 70D_111B (alpha5b 23rd April) and added Cinelog-C log with REC709 applied within AE (Special Thanks to @Andy600) just for viewing taste.

70D, EF-S 10-18mm STM, 1/50, f4.5, ISO 800 @ 10mm
Shot in 1728 x 972 @ 23.983 FPS:
https://vimeo.com/126097329

Here's the workflow of how I used the Cinelog-C in AE:
https://vimeo.com/126098237
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

RickK

Quote from: OlRivrRat on April 26, 2015, 05:21:49 PM
      On Screen Level, Freeze Issue, again ~

"SET" button startup to disable ML still is not working for me. All Buttons are Set to Default. Even tried Resetting Buttons To Default with ML Uninstalled

then Reinstalled ML & No Change.

I am having the same issue with the SET button not working to disable ML_A on startup. Since not everyone has this issue, could it be ML version or Canon firmware specific?

DeafEyeJedi

Is there a specific reason why you guys want to get this SET button to disable ML at startup -- I mean who doesn't want to use ML?

Unless I'm missing a valid point in this never ending so called prodigy!

chrisfrancia

Personally I don't care if the set button doesn't disable ML on boot or not however, it still pays to figure out why it isn't working because other things may not work for the same reason (push white balance with set button)
[5D3 1.2.3 ML] [6D 1.1.6 ML]

DeafEyeJedi

True. I second that and also still wating for a fix to be able to use Arrow Key functions (there's no buttons configured to enabled it) as well as being able to change exposures during RAW video recording. Hopefully that's not the limitation of the 70D.

I also agree w @chrisfrancia regarding being able to use log files after recording Raw video (however, you can still dive into its metadata if recorded in MLV) but still would be a +1 for Raw.

OlRivrRat

@chrisfrancia

@DeafEyeJedi

SetButtonStart ~ Agreed & I'll 3rd that. Is it possible that there are 3 Versions of FW111 for Our 70Ds? Or is it possible

that it is SDCard Response Time Related ~ Since ML resides on the Card & this Command is required Immediately @Start?

All I have are Transcend 90MB/s 600X Cards but I have a friend with some fast LexarPros ~ I might give that a try.

Also ~ Is anyone else having the Level Indicator LockUp issue ~

ORR ~ DeanB

nikfreak

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 27, 2015, 06:01:40 PM
Is there a specific reason why you guys want to get this SET button to disable ML at startup....

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 27, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
True. I second that and also still wating for a fix to be able to use Arrow Key functions (there's no buttons configured to enabled it) as well as being able to change exposures during RAW video recording. Hopefully that's not the limitation of the 70D.

I also agree w @chrisfrancia regarding being able to use log files after recording Raw video (however, you can still dive into its metadata if recorded in MLV) but still would be a +1 for Raw.
w00t I thought I fixed that - at least it was working then. I need to recheck that:

https://bitbucket.org/nikfreak/magic-lantern/commits/aa943650a918e874a75d284a9e00d84d285d8bc2?at=70D-merge

::) :o 8)

xsghost

Quote from: DeafEyeJedi on April 27, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
and also still wating for a fix to be able to use Arrow Key functions (there's no buttons configured to enabled it)

Yeah, using those arrow key functions would be great. those are the only reason us videographers are using ML on DSLRs, to overcome their shortcomings and turn them into proper video cameras.
Those other features of ML are cute and all, but come on, I want to be able to control the camera settings while recording.
70D.111A     - 600D, 70D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Sigma 30 1.4, Sigma 18-35 1.8, Tamron 17-50 2.8 VC

skanter

Just started using  version 111B, all going well so far.

First (probably obvious) question: how do you get ML menu to stay on without switching back to LV screen after a few seconds? I could not find a setting for this.

Thanks in advance...

Conaxe

Quote from: skanter on April 27, 2015, 10:44:02 PM
Just started using  version 111B, all going well so far.

First (probably obvious) question: how do you get ML menu to stay on without switching back to LV screen after a few seconds? I could not find a setting for this.

Thanks in advance...
Pressing info on canon menu then switching to ML, worked for me.
70D.111B

FonzeGator

Hey all,

I'm new to ML and just did a couple of test with RAW video. Am very amazed!
Was able to get about 7 seconds of recording at max res with 24fps, on my Sandisk Extreme Pro.

So just wondering, do you think that when a more stable ML version is released in the future, we would be able to shoot at full 1080p RAW for the 70D? Or will the recording time be increased for RAW video? Is this even possible?
Sorry guys, I'm new to RAW  :P :D

Thanks

OlRivrRat

SetButtonStart Issue Solved ~ Turned out to be a Firm-Awareness quirk ~ If I Depress & Hold the SetButton with the Meat

of my thumb, which is how I normally Press It, ML would still be active. If I Depress & Hold the SetButton with my ThumbNail the

Cam' Starts up with ML Inactive. My apologies to all who Wasted Time on solving MyProb'.

ORR ~ DeanB

chrisfrancia

I confirm that using the thumbnail works for me.

Through my testing I also discovered if you are booting the camera into photo mode and have your set button programmed to "iso" or "flash exposure compensation" then ML will not be disabled, if you have the button set to any of the other canon features then it will successfully disable ML

If set to "flash exposure compensation" and booting to video mode ML can be disabled.

If set to "ISO", ML cannot be disabled

This may explain misleading reports as well as the meaty finger issue
[5D3 1.2.3 ML] [6D 1.1.6 ML]

ShootMeAlready

Ok so I tried to test the max res at 24 fps.

I put it in 1280p @ 60 fps ALL-I.  Loaded raw movie to res. 1920 @ 2.35 aspect, and dialed fps to 23.9. Zoomed to X5 (which I think is only X3 in reality from what Ive read).

Recorded movie, and it went biserk. The frame rate altered between 23.9 & 60 fps (canon default) and the picture was very unstable flashing purples/static/slow mo/pixelation etc.

The interesting part was I was able to shoot at a 1920x818, in agreement with the 2.35 aspect I had set!!!  So there is some hope, if we can get the fps & pic stable.

Upon retest it looks like the 5X zoom dies / freezes within a second, even before one hits record.  If you put it in 1280p @ 60 fps IPB, ML expects it to be shoot and select 1920 raw, ML reports it should shoot continuous which is a bug as well.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

RickK

One more piece of the SetButtonStart Issue puzzle. I set the SET button to OFF, but ML would still start when I pressed SET while starting the camera. I discovered that I had the camera set to Auto ISO and this would automatically return the SET button setting to ISO and so disable ML wouldn't work. When I set the camera to a specific ISO and then turned the SET button to OFF, I was now able to disable ML on starting the camera. This could explain the sporadic nature of this issue.

austux

Is it possible for Magic Lantern to turn off (or raise, past maybe two hours) the 29min59sec firmware limit on video recording length in the 70D?