Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebishopgame

Been diggin' ML on the 70d for a couple weeks now, thanks for the great work! Ran into my first gotcha:

BUG REPORT:

Ghost Image doesn't seem to work, whether in conjunction with other ML features or on its own. Enabling it just causes the ML displays to flicker and doesn't draw anything new on the screen. Disabling it returns everything to normal function.

Filip

Hey guys,

I've got a bit of an issue with dual iso photos - when I drag and drop my dual ISO cr2s on top of cr2hdr.exe a command prompt windows flicks open for less than a second and then disappears and does not create a new dng file (unless it does so in a very obscure location).

Do any of you have the same issue? Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Just to mention that I am indeed using the cr2hdr.exe file downloaded from the first page of this thread.

Thanks

gsanchez922

Hello everyone, I'd like to know if anybody has a video with the dual iso and if someone can explain to me how to used because I can't get it work thanks

nikfreak

Quote from: Filip on April 11, 2015, 12:14:17 AM

Just to mention that I am indeed using the cr2hdr.exe file downloaded from the first page of this thread.

Thanks

What about dcraw and exiftool? Do you have them at the same location / folder available? I guess you miss those and that's why it won't work...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Filip

I tried all possible options (with/without/one there/the other there) and still the same result...

I guess dcraw and exiftool are not specific to the 70D as cr2hdr is?

Cheers for the quick response!

kubodhi

Quote from: Filip on April 11, 2015, 12:14:17 AM
Hey guys,

I've got a bit of an issue with dual iso photos - when I drag and drop my dual ISO cr2s on top of cr2hdr.exe a command prompt windows flicks open for less than a second and then disappears and does not create a new dng file (unless it does so in a very obscure location).

Thanks

One thing you could do is open a Command Prompt and navigate to the appropriate directory with your cr2hdr executable.  Launch it from there, pointing it to your cr2, and then the window won't go away and you'll be able to read the error output.
550D->70D.111A, Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, YongNuo YN-468 II E-TTL Speedlite With LCD

mrpanda

Bonjour,

J'ai un EOS 70D et je voudrais installer ML mais cela ne marche pas
je télécharge ML je le dzip je copie tout sur ma carte sd
je l'insert dans l'appareil ensuite je demande une mise  a jour du logiciel la led rouge clignote  et en suite il retourne au menu de l'appareil et quand j'appuie sur la poubelle ML ne ce lance pas 

Hello,

I have a 70D and EOS But I Would ML IT installer does not work
I I Dzip sd Download ML I copy everything on my card
I insert into UNIT I ask the room A Last Day Software The Red led flashes and bathroom EN IT returns to the menu De UNIT AND WHEN I support On The ML trash not launch

sorry for my english i'm not good

Filip

Thanks for the tip kubidhi!!

I ran it through command prompt and found that cr2hdr is looking for 'dcraw' and 'exiftool' specifically and mine were named a bit different (I had not changed them - they came like that after the download). I renamed the two appropriately and now it all works perfectly!!

Cheers for the help, much appreciated!!

OlRivrRat

MrPanda

It sounds as if you probably have 1 of the Early Models of 70D ~ As Do I ~ Read the Very 1st post

carefully for some details ~ Those of us with Early 70Ds are just going to have to wait for all the Major

Bugs to get worked out & then NikF' will Port a Version for Our Cam's ~

ORR ~ DeanB

MrPanda

Il semble que si vous pouvez avoir une des premiers modèles de 70D ~ Comme Dois-je ~ Lire la Très 1er post

attentivement certains détails ~ Ceux d'entre nous avec Early 70Ds allez juste devoir attendre pour tous les grands

Bugs à se élaborées et puis NikF «volonté Port une version pour Notre Cam de ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

steviemay

Hi guys I'm trying to find out the best resolution to use when recording raw I used 1280x720 and it seemed really low quality

Walter Schulz

steviemay

It looks like it has a lot of noise to it

Walter Schulz

Maybe there is a lot of noise in it. You haven't bothered to tell any settings you used.
Samples, please.

steviemay

Can't show any samples I'm in work at the moment I was using canon 50mm and in camera settings 1920x1080 25 frames a second

mrpanda

ok thx  OlRivrRat

il n'y a pas d'autre solution ?

there is no other solution?

SamuLibero

Hi guys ....i ha e a problem, I can not install Ml :( my camera has a higher serial number than 6871947635... Is this why it doesn't work ? T

Thanks

Walter Schulz

Format card in cardreader. Format card in camera. Start all over again.
If it fails again ... you have to be patient.

Mayavin

Hi,
Thanks for the good work :)
I am a newbie and have a problem with installing this aplha. I copy the files to the root of the sd-card and then I try to update firmware. I get only message saying: "Memory card containing firmware is required to update".

I would include attachments the screen shots of my content of the memory card if I would know how to do it here in the forum. I tried in 2 different ways. First putting to the root the two files and secondly copying the folder that resulted from unzip containing the two files. In both two cases the same result.

Walter Schulz

There are 2 files and one directory needed on card:
AUTOEXEC.BIN
ML70D111.FIR
ML (directory)

Go to first page, first post. Follow instructions.

bredy

But the sn supported is 006871947635 or 068719476735?
70D.112

starvinmarvin

Hello,

How can I stay in the loop about a public release, once it is available?

Thanks

Joos

I really beg you , make a version suitable for all audits 70d, please. I dutifully waited with the first day of the project , and now it seems no one is going to do a beta version , I completely understand that you do not owe anything to anyone , but I just ask you - do it.
canon 70d_rev_B

kubodhi

Quote from: Joos on April 14, 2015, 03:18:00 AM
I really beg you , make a version suitable for all audits 70d, please. I dutifully waited with the first day of the project , and now it seems no one is going to do a beta version , I completely understand that you do not owe anything to anyone , but I just ask you - do it.

It's cool that you've waited this long, but you should really check out the commit history on the project to get a better understanding of not only how much work has gone into it, but how constant the progress has been.  nikfreak is doing an amazing job, and the priority is to get a safe, reliable version on the model he has in his hands.  After that, focus can be shifted to figuring out the differences between the other firmware subversions.  Asking for it won't speed it up; it'll be ready when it's ready.  I'm sure if you wanted to spearhead a fundraising campaign so that these guys could do this full time rather than as side projects, where a good chunk of their time is trying politely to respond to everyone who hasn't read the history of the project to date... Well, they probably wouldn't complain about that.   ;)
550D->70D.111A, Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, YongNuo YN-468 II E-TTL Speedlite With LCD

khalidbutt

I downloaded ML alpha4b on my canon 70D. I shoot some footage in raw and h.264 (canon build-in).somehow the RAW footage is not giving me that output that I expected. little grainy and blasted colour

I believe I am missing something. Can anyone help me in RAW video setting for 70D. I am new to this so maybe I am missing something

ecobio

Hi, I cannot find the audio settings menu in ML for 70D, can anyone tell me where it is hidden in the menus ?
Thanks a lot,
Eric