Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grey

On 64 GB card I usually record 4+ hours without any need to control bitrate.

ga83

You shoot videos with battery grip installed? Do you have any overheating issue?

grey

Quote from: ga83 on March 17, 2015, 08:02:51 PM
You shoot videos with battery grip installed? Do you have any overheating issue?

No. I change batteries. I have 6 pcs. LP-E6 from DSTE. Never had overheating problems with 70D, and with 6D too. My friend have 5D3, and when we record long videos he has problems with temperature. We record at same time with 5D3 + 650D + 6D and only 5D3 overheat.

TKF Productions

This Alpha4b release is amazing!  I had the Alpha3 build and it literally took me 30 seconds to update it with the new installation/bootable process.  Thank you for your continued hard work on this!

dbox

Hi everybody

Any news about ML for 70D with low s/n?

flou

My serial start with #065 , I had se the smaller than #068 is not possible to use the ML.

So my questions is? When we will have a version for all serials? is possible? Or not?
70D.111B

kubodhi

Quote from: dbox on March 19, 2015, 12:57:10 AM
Hi everybody

Any news about ML for 70D with low s/n?

Quote from: flou on March 19, 2015, 12:05:36 PM
My serial start with #065 , I had se the smaller than #068 is not possible to use the ML.

So my questions is? When we will have a version for all serials? is possible? Or not?

Welcome to the community!  :)  Just watch the first post of this thread.  I'm sure information will be posted there when the effort swings from getting ML working on the 70D that the developer has in his hands to making the necessary adjustments for it to work on other versions.  Asking this question over and over for 20+ pages won't accelerate the development or even likely get you an ETA.
550D->70D.111A, Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, YongNuo YN-468 II E-TTL Speedlite With LCD

DeafEyeJedi

Seriously enough with these questions -- It'll most likely sabotage the developments so please be patience and respect the dev's otherwise...
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

AsevenX

Signed up to show support for this and wish the devs the best of luck! You guys are awesome.

Apologies if this is inappropriate for the thread. I've been following this for a few months now and thought I'd say something.

n00p

Hi folks,
seems I have the "wrong" rev with my 70D.
What can I do to support the development except sending my cam (I need it myself)?
Is there a possibility to get a dump of my cam OS or whatever you need?
Since I'm not a developer, please give me a hint how to extract it from the cam and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks in advance!

Walter Schulz

Please read this thread. It makes no sense trying to support both firmware versions during this early state of development. Once the bugs for the "later" version are sorted out and port is complete it's supposed to be a matter of days for a port coming up for the "early" version.
Until then: Stay calm and carry on!

PanzerMamba

Overlays
-Zebras: ok
-Focus Peak: ok
-magic zoom: ok
-cropmarks: ok
-ghost img: not tested
-spotmeter: seems ok
-false color: seems ok
-histogram: ok
-waveform: ok
-vectorscope: ok

Movie:
-grad expo: not tested
-fps override: not sure
-hdr video: seems ok
-vignetting: not tested
-fine tuning:  seems ok
-raw video: almost ok*
-movie tweaks: ok
-dual iso: almost ok**

Shoot
-Intervalometer: ok
-Bracketing: ok
-bulb: not tested
-motion detect: ok
-silent picture: ok

Focus:
-Trap focus: works ok, but i can't stop this function, i had to restart camera (because trash button didn't leads to ml menu)

* AF box disappears after pressing shutter button, and won't appear again.  Sometimes AF works (after pressing shutter button), sometimes not, sometimes camera focus on whole frame, sometimes nothing happening  (stays out of focus)
** Camera heated up intensely, image in liveview is really hard to focus manually, AF is not working.

ML menu kicks out randomly- really annoying sometimes. But generally its stabile. 

X-STATE

@PanzerMamba, upload the result of dual iso video, plz
Body: Canon EOS 70D Lenses: Sigma 18-35mm f1.8 DC HSM Canon EF 85 f/1.8 USM
70D.112

Ryan1singer

I have been following this thread as amazing progress has unfolded. Has this alpha enabled the possibility of 60fps/1080p?

falllengh

waiting for the support of all revisions!

crirus

Hello

Just installed the alpha 4b. Installation was just peachy, fast, no issues. However it's not staying in ML menu if I let it inactive for 2-3 seconds.
It heats up to about 64-68C in 30-40 minutes of playing with it, I suppose that's it?
I can't see the green bars on magic zoom focus confirm, should I be in some specific mode/setting?

Otherwise I have no complains, I can already use it in production, with the long time use reserve for now :)

Thank you

Cristian

MattNoir

Crirus - if you want to stay in ML menu, try it without liveview, I didn't have any problems.
70D.111A
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Helios 44M-4

jpturner

YES!!!! Please add support the other revisions of 1.1.1...  Thanks for your work and diligence in bringing ML to the 70D!!!

crirus

Hello,

well yes, that could be a temporary solution but I rather not close live view each time I jump to menu. Not a deal breaker right now anyways, just a nice fix when everything else works.

One other thing I keep getting asked by people that didn't dare yet to install ML is that if ML can keep the live view open while a hdmi or USB cable is plugged in.

@nikfreak, Do you plan to look into that ?

Regards.

ubermood

I installed and tested Alpha4b yesterday.

One thing that I noticed is that.. after every shot taken, when it previews my picture for 2 sec(s), the preview image is slowly filled up with white garbage pixels from top to bottom before the preview disappears again. I can't remember that it did behave like this before.

Another thing I realised is that, ML:s global draw / onscreen layers are not working when WIFI is set to ON. Had hard time figuring out what was wrong before I figured this out.

Also, the on-screen level meter (in form of a line) erases/eats up my AF-points from the screen when it passes over them.

And last, but not least... it's very annoying when ML menu suddenly disappears after a couple of seconds. It's also not possible to go back to the menu again and change the setting you fiddled with before without first moving (with the keypad) to another setting and then back to the setting that was marked when ML-menu opened with.

Thanks (!!) and keep on working..! :)

nikfreak

Quote from: ubermood on March 25, 2015, 08:26:08 AM

One thing that I noticed is that.. after every shot taken, when it previews my picture for 2 sec(s), the preview image is slowly filled up with white garbage pixels from top to bottom before the preview disappears again. I can't remember that it did behave like this before.

This "garbage" only appears when RAW zebras are selected to show after taking a pic. So either disable that in ML menu (no raw zebras for QR) or use "Luma Fast" for now.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

tuxfoto

Quote from: ubermood on March 25, 2015, 08:26:08 AM
Another thing I realised is that, ML:s global draw / onscreen layers are not working when WIFI is set to ON. Had hard time figuring out what was wrong before I figured this out.

Hi,
i have same effect.
There isnĀ“t Picture in Display, mac only.

Greetings und Thanks for your work nikfreak

martijnsx

Good to see that there is progress being made  :)

Approximately how long do you (who are working on it) think we have to wait for the final release/version?

Walter Schulz

ciriuss925

I am new member of this post - just got my 70D last week (upgrading from Canon T1i - initially wanted the 7DMark ii but decided against it - I'm on a budget thus the 70D).   

Just dropping a note to thank the ML coders and testers for their hard work -  I am looking forward (no rush!)  to use Magic Lantern once the first version comes out :)  In the meantime I am going through the other posts to read the wonderful features of ML  (currently am interested in dualISO and intervalometer as I am primarily into photography, but looking to experiment with ML video features - raw video or HDR video - when I become more acquainted with the 70D camera).