Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

You are confusing the facts. There's no battery drain.
Cam gets simply stuck if you don't wait with removing sdcard. Wait until you can't see any LED activity and only remove sdcard afterwards. Read through walter's posted link plz. But this is offtopic here. On a pc you need to unmount your usb drives too...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

Walter Schulz

Most windows user just don't. Linux users learnt it the hard way.

dmilligan

Given the amount of energy in a camera battery, if it were all released in a matter of seconds, the explosion would certainly be enough to destroy the camera.

Mr.Click

Thank you you Nikfreak for implementing Dual ISO so fast to Alpha 4B
:)
Canon
EOS 80D/ EOS M+ML /  EOS 50E/ EF-M 18-55 3,5-5,6 IS STM / EF-S 10-18 4,5-5,6 IS STM / A 24 1,4 DG HSM / EF 35 2,0 IS USM / EX 50 1,4 HSM / EF-S 55-250 4.5,6 IS STM , Speedlight 430 EX II

Guitarshredder1

I am having some issues with the Dual ISO, the main one being this blue/red lens flare looking thing on the right hand side of the frame. Is this normal? Everything else works great!

nikfreak

How shall we know? Are we visionary - just by reading text?

• Post the cr2 dualiso
  • Post the dng file converted by cr2hdr
  • Maybe post the edited end result where you raised the shadows etc..
  • Which cr2hdr did you use?
  • Which iso settings were set?

Guitarshredder1

Sorry, I'm using the dual ISO for video. I'm trying to convert it now, cr2hdr.exe is the version from http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=7139.0 , as I needed the exiftool.exe and the dcraw.exe. There appears to be an issue in converting the .DNG files as it specifies on that thread, as it isn't converting them.

nikfreak

Read the 1st post. especially the first lines where a download link for cr2hdr.exe for 70D is provided.
I never had problems with dualiso photos but didn't try video. Awaiting your feedback

EDIT_ you can find also cr2hdr.exe in Alpha4b zip-file

Guitarshredder1

It must just be an issue with the video version, I tried it with a picture and it worked great. It is alternating blue and red flashes every other frame. HDR works well, though. I have tried the latest raw2dng.exe and dropped the dngs onto the cr2hdr as well and both times it flashes red and blue. The cr2hdr says that it cant find the exif (ISO) data from the DNG files.

gilmoursimon

Hi - does this alpha build for the 70D have 'movie restart'? I have it in the movie tweaks folder on my 5D3 but can't find any reference to it in this 70D magic lantern thread. If anyone's tested it and knows would be great to hear from you. Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Do you want to record in H.264?
RAW/MLV will work without this setting since late January.
The only version not supporting seamless RAW/MLV recording >30 minutes is 5D3.123. Yet.

MattNoir

Hello,
first I want to thank you for awesome work and making our dreams come true.
I finally installed ML too and trying to find my best settings, I will post bugs if I find them.

But I have one question. Is it possible to implement ISO modifying? I foun on net that it is possible to set ISO 25 with ML, but 70D does not have this option...will it be implemented in future releases, or it's not possible with 70D?
Thank you for your answer(s) :)
70D.111A
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Helios 44M-4

dmilligan

nooben

Hi and great work on this. Just a few thoughts on RAW recording, seems the SD controller refuses to go beyond 40 MB/s write speed (even if you have faster cards), meaning full HD recording resolution is limited. Any idea if this is something that can be tweaked/adjusted or just something we have to live with?

Cheers

Walter Schulz

There are various threads about hardware tweaks. No solution, yet(?). Do a search, please.

MattNoir

Quote from: Walter Schulz on March 15, 2015, 08:54:11 PM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=8674.0
Quote from: dmilligan on March 15, 2015, 09:17:57 PM
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=10111.0
I'm sorry, but I didn't find my answers there...
I'm looking for something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUK0yyvtbI
And the reason? Mainly that when I used my 50/1.4 in bright light, even ISO 100, 1/8000 and RAW wasn't enough, so I had to lower my aperture. Second reason is lowering noise, of course
70D.111A
Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM, Helios 44M-4

Walter Schulz

As answered in first link: Fell free to use ND filters.

ga83

Hello! I have a canon 70d and i have already installed magic lantern alpha4 . I couldn't find the choice for the movie bitrate change (cbr). Is that choice available? Is there any other way to rec movies with lower bitrate? Thanks...

nikfreak

Quote from: ga83 on March 17, 2015, 12:03:37 AM
I couldn't find the choice for the movie bitrate change (cbr). Is that choice available?

It is not available

ga83

Thanks nik for the information , i hope that cbr will be added in a later version.

grey

Quote from: ga83 on March 17, 2015, 07:53:39 AM
Thanks nik for the information , i hope that cbr will be added in a later version.

Why do you need bitrate control? IPB recording is good enought for most videos. If you need better quality why just don't use ALL-I mode? Or I'm don't understand something?

grey

And if you need to grade ot color correct video why don't use RAW?

ga83

I am using IPB video quality ,but i would prefer to have bitrate control ,because a need lower bitrates. I am usually recording events which last more than 3 hours , that is the reason for lower bitrates.

ga83

I have also a canon 600d with magic lantern already installed. In that case i have bitrate control and it is very useful for me.