Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfero

Hello All,

I'm sorry to ask this question once more but didn't get any answer... Is the advanced bracketing available on this ML? I don't talk about HDR video, just the ability to make more brackets.

Thanks a lot,
VFero

maxxens

I have a general question. What exactly happens when the first step (the Firmwareupdate) is executed and are the changes reversible?

walter_schulz

There is a thingy called "bootflag" set in the camera. This is - at time of writing - non-reversible and causes a delay (about 1.5 seconds) at startup and exiting powersave mode.
The rest (executable code) is stored in the card.

maxxens

I expected that there would be some flag. The question was only, if setting this flag is reversible and if you could get problems with cps.

walter_schulz

See FAQ. There is not a single report about problems with CPS and/or other support departments since ML is in the wild.

But this piece of code is in alpha stage.

maxxens

I know, that it is an alpha right now. Unfortunately I don't have time to help with the debugging myself but I am thankful for all who help improving ML and of course also the programmer :)
Until then I wait for a more stable version and/or more time to test myself..

Piggy

Quote from: theamazingaustin on January 30, 2015, 02:31:03 AM
New here, and just want to say HUGE thanks to the devs working on the 70D. So stoked and looking forward to a stable / beta build!

Quick question for y'all, is / will 1080p @ 60fps be possible with ML on the 70D? SO sorry if this was asked / there is an obvious answer, search didn't turn up anything that I could see.

Thanks guys!
Actually I misunderstood your question, I thought you were talking about RAW, it is possible, but FPS override is not available right now

vfero

Installation of ML is OK but i can't follow step 11 ( eoscard say: Write Failed ). Does somebody knows how to make it work? So close to make it run :)

Thanks
Vince

Walter Schulz

EOScard version?
OS used?
Internal/external writer?
Card type?

Have you tried different cardreaders?

vfero

Sorry:

Eos Card 1.40
Windows 7
External Reader
Tried on another one and makes the same

SanDisk SDSDX-016G-FFP 16 GB 45 MB/s Extreme

Walter Schulz

Maybe (as in "maybe") your antivirus software is doing this. Are you able to deactivate your suite temporarily?
Or do you have another cam supported by ML?

vfero

Antivirus off, it doesn't work. Gonna try another card

vfero

~Don't work with another card... Still trying!

ShootMeAlready

It will not be possible to shoot 1080p @ 60fps with the 70D in camera.
If you put it in 1280p at 60fps, then there is no 3X crop.
Without the crop you will get limitted by the camera max. res. which I am not sure for 70D, but its less than 1920x1080.
If you put it in 1920p at 24/30 fps and try to override fps to 60, you find actual fps is less than 60 fps.
So there is no way to do that.  Best bet is to shoot, 1280p at 60fps with higher bit rate, then up res. to 1080p.

T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

vfero

Got it. Comodo was blocking eoscard... Sorry

I've got now ML on my 70D :)

As i've said before, my 600D+ML does have advanced bracketing.
How to know if it's planned for 70D too?

Thanks all

chrbhm

Guys,

since I installed Alpha2 I encountered probs with TrapFocus. Worked mostly fine on Alpha1.
Shutter does not release on focus confirmation anymore.

Rgds
Christian

P.S.: Switching back to Alpha1 and Trap Focus works like a charm.

cryptyk

It looks like ettr.mo isn't included in the Alpha2 release.  Is that intentional?  I see the module source in the repo...

Thanks!
Ryan

hi2gage.pdx

So whats the plan with the early serial numbers?
Are we just in the dark or are they working on ours too?

Walter Schulz

Calm down and show patience. Current state is Alpha 2 and supporting two different firmware versions right now doesn't make that much sense.
In fact: You and all others with "the other" firmware version will benefit from those having to struggle with this alpha.

nikfreak

Quote from: chrbhm on February 01, 2015, 10:08:38 AM
P.S.: Switching back to Alpha1 and Trap Focus works like a charm.

Ok found it and thx for reporting. Once I got some steps further i will include it but it may take some time. Actually I am kinda stuck on some bugs and that makes headaches plus rubs all time...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

DaaC234

PanzerMamba

walter_schulz

At time of writing you will be unable to remove cam's bootflag.
To wipe all ML content from card: Insert into cardreader and format it. There are some other ways to disable ML from running but this will work for sure.

Teran0vA

"Guys,

since I installed Alpha2 I encountered probs with TrapFocus. Worked mostly fine on Alpha1.
Shutter does not release on focus confirmation anymore.

Rgds
Christian

P.S.: Switching back to Alpha1 and Trap Focus works like a charm." - chrbhm

Alpha 1's Trap Focus is much slower compared to my 60D (same lens and settings) and starts to get very unresponsive after a bit of use, even sometimes randomly taking a picture a while (1 – 2 min) after the last focus confirmation. I haven't tried alpha 2 yet but it seems the same problem is still happening according to chrbhm. Strange that its fine on his Alpha 1. I'll try Alpha 2 later tonight when I get a chance.

Thanks for the hard work. Can't wait for the complete build ;)

pkrskr

Hi,

I'm working on Computational Photography, specifically focal stack acquisition, and I'm looking to buy a new camera specifically to be able to use MagicLantern. Is this feature already working on the Canon 70D or should I purchase the older 60D just to be sure that the release is stable and everything works well.

Thanks in anticipation for your replies. I apologize if I'm on the wrong thread. I would love to contribute to development. Please guide me to where and how I can start.