Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikfreak

still not clear to me where deusex formatted his card. Using a sdcard reader or by using Canon menu to format card and (1) keep ML or (2) remove ML? There's the option to switch with Q button. Also on page 1 see replies #10 and #11.

Quote from: deusex1 on January 25, 2015, 11:58:31 AM
At this alpha state, there is no menu instructions to un-install ML.

Which menu instructions do you refer to? Any other cam shouldn't have this...
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

deusex1

Oh I formatted the SD card on the PC, not in camera. Was that a bad idea?

There is no menu instructions to un-install ML.  - I was refering to instructions during re-installation.

nikfreak

I guess there are instructions on the forum how to uninstall. See also Digitalveil's reply #16
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

ontheset

Well i guess my camera has the old FW revision(# starts with 032*******).
We'll just have to wait for the next one......it sucks.

deusex1

Ok so generally formatting the SD externally is not recommended. Its better to do it in camera with the "remove ML" option. Thanks!

Walter Schulz

Quote from: deusex1 on January 25, 2015, 03:59:35 PMOk so generally formatting the SD externally is not recommended. Its better to do it in camera with the "remove ML" option. Thanks!
Can't see that. Both ways will result in a non-bootable card and that's all needed to disable ML from loading.

maitimaus

Big thanks to nikfreak  ;) I have only the old 70D form December 2013 :'( so at the moment I can't test anything...

I calculated that 1551x660@23,976 must be the highest continuous resolution on the 70D at 2,35:1 aspect ratio . Can someone of the alpha testers confirm that it's working continuous?

1551 * 660 * 23,976 * 14 / 8 = 42,950,726 Bytes/s -> 40.961 MByte/s

And can someone tell me if raw recording on the 70D is only possible with higher crop factors or with the same crop factor like a typical H264 1920x1080p recording?

And my last question to you: What data rate is later required for mlv audio?

Walter Schulz

This 41 MByte/s number always coming around is the limit. But it doesn't say you can go to 40.9 all the time. The closer you get to the limit the closer you get to unwanted hickups.
May work once or twice but may cause stops just whenever not wanted.

OlRivrRat

As stated prev', My 70D is from Dec2013 so I am Waiting&WatchingPatiently ~ But ~ Am wondering if those who have had

success would be so kind as to post a Pic' of the InfoScreen that they used During Their SuccessfulInstall ~ & Possibly some Details on

Camera &or Lens Settings that You think might have been involved in Your Success ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

ShootMeAlready

The issue with crop, is not the that the 70D cant do a 3X crop to get a 2K picture but its the SD card writer limitations.
1600x680 apsect 2.35, 24 fps, for 30s, is about the limit of usefull higher res from what tests have shown so far. 
Ofcourse if you want to shoot clips longer than 30s at any aspect you can always shoot 1280xwhatever raw continuous.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

kubodhi

Quote from: OlRivrRat on January 25, 2015, 07:05:28 PM
   As stated prev', My 70D is from Dec2013 so I am Waiting&WatchingPatiently ~ But ~ Am wondering if those who have had

success would be so kind as to post a Pic' of the InfoScreen that they used During Their SuccessfulInstall ~ & Possibly some Details on

Camera &or Lens Settings that You think might have been involved in Your Success ~

ORR ~ DeanB

Noticed this today, maybe it'll help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1YOAPxWe0I
550D->70D.111A, Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC HSM, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX, Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II, YongNuo YN-468 II E-TTL Speedlite With LCD

OlRivrRat

Kubodhi

Good Find ~ Thanks for the post ~ I suspect it will be of help to more than just me ~ When the day comes ~

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

TomJ

ML menu kicks me out, goes back to LV arbitrarily. Goes right back to ML menu with delete, but then kicks me out random time later.

Display flashes in one-second intervals at all times. RAW vid records to 10-seconds and stops auto.

Sony 32gb C10, U3 94mb/s cards.

Not sure how useful any of that is, but LMK if there's more I can give.

Abe

Quote from: TomJ on January 26, 2015, 06:09:36 AM
ML menu kicks me out, goes back to LV arbitrarily. Goes right back to ML menu with delete, but then kicks me out random time later.

Display flashes in one-second intervals at all times. RAW vid records to 10-seconds and stops auto.

Sony 32gb C10, U3 94mb/s cards.

Not sure how useful any of that is, but LMK if there's more I can give.

If I'm not mistaken, nikfreak indicated it was a known bug.

DeafEyeJedi

That's correct , it is a known bug.

Similar to EOS-M.

No big deal, really!
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

ovspianist

Hi guys,

Sorry if my question seems newbie to ask here, but I've been searching the internet for hours but cannot find any answer.
I've done everything as instruction says but when I start the EOSCard 1.40 program, it says ERROR: exFAT VBR load failed.
Previously my drive is formatted as FAT32, it said ERROR: FAT32 VBR load failed.

Has anyone seen this error before?

Thank you all very much!!!

walter_schulz

There are some references for this error. Let me guess: You're using an internal SD-cardreader?
Get an external one and try again.

ovspianist

Thank you! Yes the problem comes from internal sd card reader, I updated sdcard reader's driver and everything worked fine!!

PanzerMamba

Guys, plz could somebody share with raw video material directly from magic lantern/camera 70d? I just want to try colloc corection on material from 70d ;)

Edu

Hi, I installed the Alpha release on my 70D (w) with serial starting with: #0280, made in JAPAN.

I did all the steps in multiple variations but never got the playback screen displaying the picture (taken before update) with the boot message... no luck!

Will wait until the update...

Thanks

Eduardo

carlos787

Waz up guys,
A little detail here, I'm starting to get hot pixels in my raw footage. is anyone else having this issue? Everything was working fine at first for a week then on Saturday I went out to take some videos with same settings i have been using and im getting hot pixels in the same area every time. On canons native video recording I dont get the pixels (tried and tested), neither on raw photos (CR2). I was researching this and it appears that some people have had this issues with cameras like the 5d. /Some say its a firmware glitch others just run a pixel patcher (inefficient).
Workflow:
1280x720 continuous, cbr 3.0x (havent seen any major differences either, dont know if its working)
process RAW files through Rawinizer, extracting DNGs then open in resolve then export to DNXHD 422.

I have also done the manual sensor cleaning to fix hot pixels but in ML RAW REC only pixels stay the same (damaged).
Solutions anyone?

deusex1

Carlos, I got some PINK hot pixels only if I convert the RAW through MlRawViewer_1_3_3 and chose the Prores output. If I chose the DNG output - no hot pixels.
Havent used Rawanizer. Also to note, that pink pixels occur near very bright areas on the clipping border.

DeafEyeJedi

I'm afraid Rawinizer isn't supported on ML...

Though I could be wrong.
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

flerk

Hey, Im new here and sorry if this is in the wrong thread or asked like 5000 times. dont kill me ;p
How do I know which model 70D I have?

I see people talkong about a december 2013 model and stuff?

Thanks

walter_schulz

Quote from: flerk on January 27, 2015, 12:38:08 PMHow do I know which model 70D I have?
After you tried installing it and failed twice: You have the cam version not supported yet.