Canon 70D

Started by nikfreak, January 15, 2015, 12:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeafEyeJedi

Trying to understand where you are coming from @Marc_Petzold but sorry it's rather difficult to do so.

I must ask you though if you don't mind me ... which build are you running? Alpha 6?

If so, then please update to the latest Beta3c from OP of this thread (magiclantern-Nightly.2016Apr23.70D111B) and perhaps you'll get your milestones?
5D3.113 | 5D3.123 | EOSM.203 | 7D.203 | 70D.112 | 100D.101 | EOSM2.* | 50D.109

Marc_Petzold

@deadeyejedi
OK I have update my signatur, sorry thats my mistake.
@all
It doesn't rotate of milestones. That's a tool from business management and Projektmanagement.
What's missing is tranparents.

Which Applikation
With whom
By when

Technical problems, and so on.
As tamplate should be the applikations from magic lantern 2.4

That's all, what can the user expect.

last update Version B

dmilligan

Quote from: Marc_Petzold on June 25, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
What's missing is tranparents.
This is an open source project. There is complete and utter transparency. Every single time anyone at all, does any work at all, it shows up in the commit history, with a summary of exactly what they did, and a complete list of every line of source code they changed.

For a slightly higher level view of what's being worked on, status, etc. look at the pull requests (some things in that list are old and invalid).

Quote from: Marc_Petzold on June 25, 2016, 11:06:25 PM
That's all, what can the user expect.
You should expect that absolutely nothing will ever get done, ever again. Then you can be pleasantly surprised if at some random point in the future something does.

rsmith02

Marc, I think you're confusing this with a corporate project managed from the top down with managers. clearly defined roles, timetables and the like.

This is an open-source volunteer project people do in their free time and on an ad-hoc basis.

If someone wanted to organize a team that ran the way you describe they would be free to. If the contributors wanted more structure they could adopt more structure, too. Goal and deadline based approaches have advantages, but only if the contributors want it.

theored

Hey guys. Great work. Having a problem in video mode when in the ML menu. Display keeps flickering between the ML menu and live view and back again. Anyone come across this problem?
I only tried installing 1.1.1A as it worked first time. Maybe worth trying 1.1.1b?

OlRivrRat

@Theored

From Reply #2516 19May16

Prior to the 23Apr Build if you were in "LiveView" or "Movie" Modes & you were Accessing the M'L' Menu the

Menu would "Go Away" after about 4Sec's of Inactivity. It appears as though a 'Fix' for this was implemented with

the 23Apr Build & now the M'L' Menu Auto ReDisplays after a Short Bit of "Overlay Stuttering".

From Reply #2528 12Jun16

Anytime the 70D is in either LiveView or Movie Modes the M'L'Menu attempts to "TurnOff" after roughly 4Secs

of Inactivity but the latest build of M'L' has an "AutoMenuRestart" ability.

ORR ~ DeanB
ORR~DeanB  ~~  80D-ML  &  SL1+ML  &  5D2+ML  &  5DC+ML  &  70D+ML(AliveAgain)

Marc_Petzold

@rsmith02
yes thats right. In a Team receives support and dynamics, that´s the Spirit.
But coordination is a ungreatful Job, but good for a Team.

marc

last update Version B

OlRivrRat

@MarcPetzold

"But coordination is a ungreatful Job"

I Believe that that Has Much to do with the Abilities & Attitude of the Coordinator ~

ORR ~ DeanB

michelleacc

Hell there! I'm new in ML, I installed it yesterday.

Does anyone know why I got an error message that says: "Raw error, falling back to YUV overlays"?????

Someone else did the same question before but nobody seemed to answer it. Take a look at the error message

Besides, I installed ML by copying the files to my SD card and do the firmware update thing, some people use the EOScard, but is it really needed? I mean, do I need to use EOScard to install ML in another SD card?

Thank you
Canon 70D

JohannLOG

I downloaded this last year but it started having some bugs so I deleted it and now I am trying it again, occasionally it would take pictures that were nearly black and white randomly. so hopefully that has been fixed.
70D 111A

nikfreak

@michelleacc: don't worry, it's known message:
http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=14309.msg166194#msg166194

Solution would be to remap quick review to use IVA_NVY memory area. That requires a1ex willing to implement it for us. For more details check the link to the source on 1st page and read though the PR discussion.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

MFMG

Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pest, but I am wondering if the oldest versions of 70D are now working with ML. Also, does this give a clean HDMI out and does the dual pixel focus still work  while using ML?

Thanks, I couldn't find this in a forum search.

MFMG

I was able to install the most recent version for 70D. Is there a way to get clean HDMI out and still get autofocus in Video mode?

Figured it out. "Displays/Clear Overlays/Always

I figured it would show up on the overlay screen. #newb

Please don't triple post.  //Audionut.

jeddo_drone

Hi,
I need help with this ASAP!!!
How can I get audio to headphones from a 70D with magic lantern? I only have 1 option in audio meaning when I plug in a mini USB it will disable the live viewing on the cameras lcd monitor.
Thanks

BluesForAllah

Hello, I'm new here and just installed Magic Lantern on my eos 70d. I noticed afterwards FPS override is disabled. Will it ever available on my camera? And if not, how else can I take time lapses? Thanks for the help.

nikfreak

No headphones on DIGIC5 cameras.

I recommend to use intervalometer with full resolution silent pictures for ~4k Timelapse.
[size=8pt]70D.112 & 100D.101[/size]

OlRivrRat

@JeddoDrone

Yup, What Nik said about HeadPhones & Digic5. But as to your >

"when I plug in a mini USB it will disable the live viewing on the cameras lcd monitor."

That Does Not Happen On Mine ~

ORR ~ DeanB

jeddo_drone

Quote from: OlRivrRat on July 07, 2016, 02:50:12 AM
      @JeddoDrone

Yup, What Nik said about HeadPhones & Digic5. But as to your >

"when I plug in a mini USB it will disable the live viewing on the cameras lcd monitor."

That Does Not Happen On Mine ~

ORR ~ DeanB
Thanks so much guys!
Another question, when is a new update expected to magic lantern to give us the extra options on the audio tab? Thanks again

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

jeddo_drone

Also before I go to the shops to get the right cables to connect a headphone to my 70D,
When or how will I be able to get 60FPS on the 70D at 1080p FHD? I have heard people talking about this and saying that the 70D is more than capable of this. Apparently canon just disabled the capability of the 70D to do this so that people will invest in their larger c100's and stuff. So I would just like to know if there will be a ML update for this or if I can already do it. Thanks

jeddo_drone

Quote from: MFMG on July 05, 2016, 07:50:02 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry to be a pest, but I am wondering if the oldest versions of 70D are now working with ML. Also, does this give a clean HDMI out and does the dual pixel focus still work  while using ML?

Thanks, I couldn't find this in a forum search.

MFMG

I was able to install the most recent version for 70D. Is there a way to get clean HDMI out and still get autofocus in Video mode?

Figured it out. "Displays/Clear Overlays/Always

I figured it would show up on the overlay screen. #newb

Please don't triple post.  //Audionut.
Yes, my canon 70D was purchased in 2014 and has a low serial number. The serial number is 055*22000*** (I blocked out a few numbers because of security reasons). As long as you download the "B" version and not "A" it will work.

jeddo_drone

Just an update on audio out:
It can't be done with the canon 70D. It is a huge pain in the ass to get audio out to headphones. I have tried using a 2.5mm to 3.5mm converter plugged into the remote shutter port and it just took a photo when I moved it around. Then I was talking to a worker at the electronics store and said that the only way to get the audio out of the Digital AV port is to run a analog to digital converter between a mini USB to RCA and a your headphones but you need to power the converter with 5V so it would be unpractical and not so much portable. You could power if by a power bank but you need a really good power bank so the whole setup to get audio out would cost you around $200.

If anyone knows another way to do it I would appreciate that.

Sparbaer

I tried to use the Sound Module on my 70D (111B Version) but I get an error message:

tcc:error: undefined symbol "mlv_rec_get_free_slot"
tcc:error: undefined symbol "mlv_rec_queue_block"
tcc:error: undefined symbol "mlv_rec_release_slot"
[E] failed to link modules

Is there a way to make Audio work on ML for 70D?
Thanks!

Walter Schulz

And here we go again: MLV_SND.mo depends on MLV_REC.mo

Sparbaer

Quote from: Walter Schulz on July 07, 2016, 03:55:35 PM
And here we go again: MLV_SND.mo depends on MLV_REC.mo
Meaning? Do you have to activate MLV_REC?

ShootMeAlready

I suggest use sound bars, to monitor sound.  They will trigger red on spikes/hot,
the red bars are less subjective than you listening.  That is so crucial.
Unless you really concentrate, you will only hear what is said not your phones.
If you are shooting video, you have to concentrate on getting the shot.
You cant concentrate on both.  You have to play back to check focus, so check sound spikes same time again.
When recording a live show, sound engineers monitor the bars on the mixer not listen to headphones. 
The headphones are usually for com link among the crew to chat/coordinate.

Sound crews do a sound check before they record, that's whats needed much more than headphone jacks.  JMHE

Even if you do have headphone jacks, what are you going to do?  Tweaking knobs live "riding the faders" is
really an experts job.  Unless you use your sound gear to the point you can mix on the fly (which only most
experienced sound engineers can do successfully) you wont be able to fix things in real-time.  If youve done a
sound check and set your levels, you can tweak in post anyways.
T3i+ML & 70D.112+ML, Tokina 11-16 2.8, Sigma 18-35 1.8, 50-150 II 2.8, 50 1.4, Canon 28 1.8, 35 2, 85 1.8 "Shoot Wide and Prosper"

groundlessfears

Canon 70D ML Development is the slowest development as compared to all other cameras..
Canon EOS 550D 1.0.9
Canon EOS 70D.111A
Canon EOS 5D Mark III 1.2.3