no audio from external mic on 5dmkii

Started by azmiaar, October 10, 2015, 02:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmiaar

Ive been using the 5dmkii with magic lantern for about 5 yrs now and have found it to be the most successful hack ever! it has helped me with my career and would like to thank you guys for that!

recently, one of my 5dmkii had crackling sound from the input mic jack, whenever my finger touches the male mic jack, it creates a crackling sound. os i took it to canon to have the input jack, after comparing it with my other 5dmkii, that it was the problem.

once i receive the camera back, theres no sound recording through the mic jack, i cant even monitor thru the headphones (output from AV using special jacks) and the audio monitor shows no input signal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M37S8FnCp3E here is a short video of my problem

So i decided to uninstall magic lantern and record it through the normal way, the audio is there! but the bummer is i cant monitor the audio via meters and headphones!

using back the mic on my other 5dmkii, there is no problem, i could get audio recorded on camera. I have since brought back the camera to canon, but as you know, the old script. they do not endorse third-party hacks, and do want to help in the matter. however, they argued that without magic lantern, audio can be recorded, so they told me to get in touch with you guys.

what do you think could have happened? was it bad soldering when they installed the new jack or could they have shorted the boards? appreciate any help on this.