Magic Lantern for Nikon DSLRs ?

Started by Silversurfer_GER, January 14, 2015, 07:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silversurfer_GER

Hi guys,

I've been a long time Canon user and love your hack.
Since a few weeks I've been using a Nikon for filming because Nikon has a better dynamic range than Canon.
Can we hope a port for Nikon cameras?

And, what is the price?

Greetings

Silversurfer_GER

Thank you. I'm not stupid ;)
The guys from nikonhacker.com to respond to any questions. Shit support

Andy600

@Silversurfer_GER - I might be reading your reply incorrectly but how is Walter's answer seen as 'shit support'?. The page even details the 3rd party options for Nikon and other cameras.

Asking ML to support Nikon cameras is like asking Apple "when will you add PC support for OSX?" - It can be probably done (or maybe it can't - I don't know) but the hardware is so different it would likely need a full re-write. Magic Lantern is for Canon EOS, just as OSX is for Mac.
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

walter_schulz

I think his "shit support" was based on nikonhackers not answering there. If his Q there was in some way resembling his doing here I'm not that much wondering.
And your analogy is not helpful. http://www.howtogeek.com/187359/5-ways-to-run-windows-software-on-a-mac/

Andy600

@Walter - True and we even run a Hackintosh here so it's probably not the best analogy I admit. No offense intended to @Silversurfer_GER, just trying to be helpful :)
Colorist working with Davinci Resolve, Baselight, Nuke, After Effects & Premier Pro. Occasional Sunday afternoon DOP. Developer of Cinelog-C Colorspace Management and LUTs - www.cinelogdcp.com

Silversurfer_GER

Yes. "Shit-Support" was based on the reaction of the developers.
I ask because I'm a big fan of Magic Lantern. I have also donated at nikonhacker.com.
It just nothing happens.

A few months ago I donated for Magic Lantern. And now I need Magic Lantern for Nikon :D

Sorry for my bad englisch!