[INVALID] 600D: Working Audio Meters

Started by rainless, July 17, 2012, 11:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainless

Maybe this is just really... REALLY hard to do... but it would be nice.

Also it would be great if there were a way to disable Exposure Sim for the 600D-
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

a1ex

1%

Anton2707

1%

Actually kinda... just really really quietly and distorted.

rainless

My bad. Just read through the manual. Apparently they only work while recording.

Would it be hard to arrange it so that they worked when in the video mode and NOT recording?

It would make it easier to figure out levels and THEN start recording.
The Gear - Canon 5D Mark II, Yongnuo 565EX flash, PhotoSel 3mx3m backdrop stand with 3mx3m muslin backdrops. Elinchrom D-Lite 4 it studio lights, some big-ass 110cm reflector. Unlimited German Models

1%

Already done. Just have to power the mic amp up. Remote shot works too. I am still disassembling the firmware so I don't have to re-create the function with audio IC writes. I don't think thats the proper way. Right now a stable release is being worked on so no new features are being added for now.

Bad news is that I found ALC setting min gain/max gain while recording even in manual mode.

This is what monitoring sounds like right now:
http://www.qfpost.com/file/d?g=q80DJiniJ

Not very impressive, eh? I had to feed it audio to get consistent input... mics are too hard to hear unless you're constantly making noise. Its also normalized so its much much quieter.