Award Winning Short Film - The Vestige

Started by brianymarsh, July 17, 2012, 03:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianymarsh

Filmed and Edited in 7 Days with a crew of two.

International Winner of Best Special Effects at the CMF Film Festival 2012 In Hollywood

Was also shown at the Cannes Film Festival 2012 in the Short Film Corner

Magic Lantern was so valuable for capturing a high shutter speed for use in twixtor, as well as the quick-switching of picture styles for higher dynamic range.

Filmed with a Canon 60D.

Francis

Great production. How fast was your shutter and did you use a lot of lighting for filming the twixtor shots?

brianymarsh

Quote from: Francis on July 17, 2012, 03:49:07 AM
Great production. How fast was your shutter and did you use a lot of lighting for filming the twixtor shots?

Thank you!

The shutter speed for the slow motion shots were mostly 1/4000 and 1/8000.

We didn't want to attract any attention as we didn't have any permits to film in the alley, so we couldn't set up any lights. In order to have enough light for the higher shutter speeds, we filmed in the middle of the day with available light and a reflector. Cinestyle was used in order to give the most flexibility in post. I lit the scene with a neutral picture style to get the exposure I wanted and then used magic lantern's picture style switching in order to record in cinestyle.

bart

That looks great! Added to ML Cinema -> short films

I love the story telling style, the colors, the mood and the pace. And the quality of the shots and effects. You show in what kind of shots the 60D shines. Well done! I hope we can generate some traffic for you.

brianymarsh

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)