[SOLVED] HELP 60D card inserted to nikon & ML turned into shortcut

Started by danydaglung, January 01, 2015, 07:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danydaglung

So my friend lend my 60d the other day and have the sd card (with the ML inside it) inserted to a nikon. When i try to turn the 60d on with the card inside it, it wont turn on. So i checked the sd card on my pc & it turns out the ML and DCIM files were turned into shortcut & it is write protected so i cant do anything. There are photos from the nikon that's not being turned into a shortcut.

I was wondering does formatting the card and install ML again on the card will work? Because on the ML Page it says "Dont delete the magic lantern from the card"

I was thinking about uninstalling the ML but it has to be uninstalled from the 60d, i cant do it because the 60d won't turn on with the card inserted. And it won't also turn on when i use another card inside it. But, it does turn on without having any card inserted.

So my question is:
1. Can i format my card and install ML again on my SD card? So the shortcut is removed and i have the ML on my card.
2. Is there any other option you can suggest?

I'm avoiding taking this to Canon because my father wouldn't like that, remembering this is his camera. I need to figure this out before he finds out. I'm counting on you, magic lantern folks.

Thank you, Sorry for my english.

Additions:
1. The LED blinked when i put any card inside.
2. I cannot rename /ML/SETTINGS/MAGIC.CFG to ML/SETTINGS/MAGIC.BAK because the ML turned into shortcut
3. I dont understand with startup with any dial mode

walter_schulz

Format card using a cardreader and run ML installation again.

danydaglung