Lost video

Started by KMikhail, January 01, 2015, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMikhail

Okay, I am sure it has been touched somewhere else...

I've been shooting one of the kind (of course) new year video, crossing the 00:00 mark. At the end camera went into Busy, and, later, Err.

Now I have the bunch of ML0, ML1,... and corrupted, small MLV. Is there any way I can restore what was written to the CF card? Card is intact, I took it out once I realized that there was this problem.

Obviously, I do understand that I was using not 100%-proven piece of software, etc. but... I know camera was writing video on the card.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!

Thanks & Happy New Year!

KenshirouX

Hi KMikhail.

I have experienced the same problem before and solved it.  Please refer to this thread here in which I did my best to break down the solution to the issue.  In short, you haven't lost the video so please take note of everything in the thread:

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=13125.msg127108#msg127108  (Please read and understand the entire thread for context and tools, and look for the solution post that start with this sentence, "Hi Baldand and Chmee.  Good news, I DID IT!!!")

I hope you will manage to fix the problem. Keep everyone updated here on how you solved it and the steps you have taken to do it so if anyone else  runs into the same problem you can refer them to your case.

Good luck.

Kenshiroux

KenshirouX

g3gg0

can you clone the card please into an image file before you modify its contents?

then try to recover the files from that image using photorec, which has MLV support already.
if you can upload the small MLV file, i can try to recover the necessary information, like RAWI etc. so that you
can use the other M00 M01 etc files.
Help us with datasheets - Help us with register dumps
magic lantern: 1Magic9991E1eWbGvrsx186GovYCXFbppY, server expenses: [email protected]
ONLY donate for things we have done, not for things you expect!

KMikhail

Ooops, lost this thread of mine.

Anyhow, thanks - I've tried the photorec and it didn't work. It has saved txt files, which didn't make a lot of sense.