International Silly Walk Day

Started by ItsMeLenny, January 08, 2015, 06:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItsMeLenny

Silly walking begins at 0:37

On a hot Australian day. Featured in this video is Bryan Pike, sweating in his best John Cleese attire. (Just to note; this video is on his youtube channel).

Being dragged into town on such a day, I shot this video on my 550D. I actually grabbed the latest nightly without even testing and it worked absolutely fine.
I went against my usual way of shooting and went complete auto WB and exposure, this was due to the sporadic lighting and location (and knowing this wasn't going to be used for anything professional).
I switched between two lenses, one being the 18 to 55 and the other being the 55 to 250.
Whilst I was mostly on automatic, ML was still put to good use. AGC turned off for recording with a rode stereo mic, unfortunately Bryan (who edited the video) replaced all sound with music :P
I had histograms on to make sure things weren't too under or over exposed, and focus peaking on as I still had to pull focus, which resulted in lots of blurry shots.
Little things that bug me are the fact that some practice shots were used, hence the shakiness, it's like I'm trying to balance the camera on my head while star jumping.
Also, the video was shot at 50fps, however either youtube or whatever program was used to edit capped it to 25 (and 30fps at 720p... very bizarre), this makes the footage look far more shaky than it was (at least I'm claiming so).

But anyway. Bryan's skills in silly walking are brilliant and hilarious none the less. Enjoy!

Canon eos m

Canon 5D Mark III, Gopro Hero Blacks with 3D Casing, A Few Lenses, Adobe CC 2014, MacBook Pro, Windows 8 PC, Lots of Video Rig!

Started Nuke. Loved it but then the 15 day trial ran out. Back to After Effects and loving it :-)